SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:37 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjos99 View Post
Has anyone been having any issues with the current firmware v5.18? This copter has an older version of 5.14a beta. I thought that I had read way back in this thread where there were some esc or motor overheating issues with the 5.14beta? I did find out why I am not able to read the controller with my pc. I downloaded the current software and it will not work with the older firmware that is on the controller. It wont let me do a read since the 2 arent compatable.
Jeff
As in understand it 5.18 only has features for france as an update.
I use 5.16 and no problems. You have to have the software for the version you are using, they are NOT cross compatable.

I have not seen posts with complaints about 5.18
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:57 PM
Joined Jan 2009
93 Posts
would anyone happen to have the software the would work with the 5.14 beta that I could get a copy of or a link to where I can download it? My email is jjoos99@yahoo.com
jjos99 is online now Find More Posts by jjos99
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:50 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjos99 View Post
would anyone happen to have the software the would work with the 5.14 beta that I could get a copy of or a link to where I can download it? My email is jjoos99@yahoo.com
Link sent
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:00 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
As in understand it 5.18 only has features for france as an update. I have not seen posts with complaints about 5.18
It was actually meant for more than just France. I could be a EU compatible feature depending on how the regulators move in the near future. I hate to think that it is just down the road for us here in the US.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:20 AM
Anything can be made to fly
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brondby
Joined Jun 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
As in understand it 5.18 only has features for france as an update.
I use 5.16 and no problems. You have to have the software for the version you are using, they are NOT cross compatable.

I have not seen posts with complaints about 5.18
Its not just a France or EU update.

The 5.18 update allows for a 'virtual wall' as regards your maximum height and distance in reference to your home take off spot. If your craft is loaded with expensive cinematography equipment this is a useful extra insurance and peace of mind that whatever happens, you have made sure your copter does not leave a predefined perimeter ...well at least in theory you have reduced the chances of it just flying off .
echo75 is offline Find More Posts by echo75
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:45 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,227 Posts
Call it a "Geo Fence"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo75 View Post
Its not just a France or EU update.

The 5.18 update allows for a 'virtual wall' as regards your maximum height and distance in reference to your home take off spot. If your craft is loaded with expensive cinematography equipment this is a useful extra insurance and peace of mind that whatever happens, you have made sure your copter does not leave a predefined perimeter ...well at least in theory you have reduced the chances of it just flying off .
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:14 AM
Michael young
United Kingdom, Foxton
Joined Aug 2011
124 Posts
WOOKONG M.
Does anyone understand what the switch in assistant software does i have read the instructions and i am even more confused by the chinglish?
Im refering to AUTOPILOT tab IN ASSISTANT SOFTWARE and if the box is ticked for go home SWITCH and then X3 slider has= STANDBY or START?

Thank you.
Mickey98four is offline Find More Posts by Mickey98four
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:49 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,329 Posts
It is to trigger RTH from your transmitter without having to do a mix to force it.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Tahoe Ed; Feb 08, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:25 PM
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jun 2012
590 Posts
8FG with Wookong

I have the course lock, homelock, and off set up on a three position switch and have them trimmed to blue. Having trouble figuring out how to be able to add failsafe to that using another switch. Everytime I try to mix, it throws off all the trim settings or I don't get anything at all. How do I set up the other 2/3 position switch?
hadawayj is offline Find More Posts by hadawayj
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:44 PM
Michael young
United Kingdom, Foxton
Joined Aug 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
It is to trigger RTH from your transmitter without having to do a mix to force it.
I have tried going from standby to start and it does not trigger go home or failsafe not in the software anyway.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:50 PM
Michael young
United Kingdom, Foxton
Joined Aug 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I would have expected OFF and RTH to be wrote there instead of standby and start if it was for RTH or failsafe RTH.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:59 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
335 Posts
Has anyone tryed the hobbyking multistar esc 45 amp with 6s battery?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._6S_OPTO_.html
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:39 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey98four View Post
I have tried going from standby to start and it does not trigger go home or failsafe not in the software anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey98four View Post
I would have expected OFF and RTH to be wrote there instead of standby and start if it was for RTH or failsafe RTH.
Mickey read the Manual, v3.6 page 23, http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...g-m/downloads/. To quote here:

Also, you can select the switch to start go-home, and by using
a TX switch during the flight, when selected during flight the LED will flash purple instead of blue.
The Multi-rotor position before takeoff, including reference longitude, reference latitude and reference altitude, is saved as home point by the MC automatically when you raise the throttle stick for the first time AND it has 6 or more GPS satellites acquired for more than 8 seconds ( blinks once or no blinking >8secs) After taking off, every time the aircraft recorded a home-point successfully the LED will blink Cyan quickly to confirm. THEREFORE: to use any form of Go-home (including fail-safe return home), you must make sure 6 or more GPS satellites are acquired for more than 8 seconds ( blinks once or no blinking >8secs) before take-off, this will assure correct recording of the Home position.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:14 PM
Joined Jan 2009
93 Posts
Is there a way to check the led light for the proper different colors? I am not getting any yellow or violet during any of the functions. I was told the led was possibly bad.
thanks
Jeff
jjos99 is online now Find More Posts by jjos99
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:01 PM
Joined Jan 2013
50 Posts
jjos99, You can set the low voltage alarm first warning higher and do a short flight it will blink yellow when it hits the first low voltage you set. also during startup you should see it blink all the colors.......
GoneSilent is offline Find More Posts by GoneSilent