HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:32 AM
Registered User
pokmon's Avatar
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
I search any manual about angeled motors on multi rotors
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:33 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Sid3ways's Avatar
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokmon View Post
I search any manual about angeled motors on multi rotors
It is to promote a better yaw authority, nothing more.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:49 PM
Registered User
pokmon's Avatar
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
But I need more information about that
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:58 PM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokmon View Post
But I need more information about that
By just thinking about it will give you all the information you will ever need!
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:25 PM
Registered User
pokmon's Avatar
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
74 Posts
Sorry friend.... If you can´t help, than
I search any info how to align motors on hexa copter for better yaw...

after 4 hours...

I found more info here: http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/AngleAdapter
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Last edited by pokmon; Feb 06, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:40 PM
vip
Registered User
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
sorry off topic but the subject needs our support This is for US enthusiasts

Friends, Associates, and Colleagues



Please help us save the unmanned systems industry, in Oregon, by signing our petition in opposition to Senate Bill 71. http://www.change.org/petitions/oreg...pv-communities



This bill seeks to create a blanket ban against unmanned aircraft use in the state of Oregon. It stifles legitimate scientific, commercial, and artistic uses for these systems and does not distinguish between military style drones and those used for peaceful purposes.



Thank you.



Stephen Burtt

Aerial Technology International

O. 503 344 4397

T. 888-404-4721 ext 101

www.aerialtechnology.com
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:04 PM
Registered User
sdaudet's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
Hello
Is somebody can help me ?
How can i do to see if my esc have the correct modification ?
because when i read the pdf they should remove the resistor no ?
thanks
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:16 PM
Registered User
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Hi everyone,

I bought 6 esc http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...0&productname= and for some reason I can't them to go to idle. When I test them on a separate receiver they all work fine but when all plugged on my wookong somes go to idle and some don't, they studder and start to overheat.

My question is it possible to have idlespeed even higher the the highest setting? if not I just don't understand why this is happening, anyone as any idea?

thanks
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 02:36 AM
Registered User
Panza's Avatar
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananawhiz View Post
Hi everyone,

I bought 6 esc http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...0&productname= and for some reason I can't them to go to idle. When I test them on a separate receiver they all work fine but when all plugged on my wookong somes go to idle and some don't, they studder and start to overheat.

My question is it possible to have idlespeed even higher the the highest setting? if not I just don't understand why this is happening, anyone as any idea?

thanks
Did you, first, calibrate your esc ?
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:10 AM
Registered User
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaudet View Post
Hello
Is somebody can help me ?
How can i do to see if my esc have the correct modification ?
because when i read the pdf they should remove the resistor no ?
thanks
By looking at the picture quickly, the res has been modified, was it you? if not it was by DJI.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:13 AM
Registered User
sdaudet's Avatar
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
By looking at the picture quickly, the res has been modified, was it you? if not it was by DJI.
thanks
the modification was buid by aeodron
but there is a lot of problem with they correction and i would like to be sure there is no problem...
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:20 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
89 Posts
updating firmware?

I have had several people offer to talk with me about getting started with a new octo that I picked up yesterday. Before I make any phone call I would like to gain access to the controller via my pc. I got linked up to it fine but it wants me to upgrade the operating firmware to .18 version. This copter has been already setup and flown my Aerial Technologies. If I upgrade will all the previous setup work be lost and have to start from scratch? I tried to just exit the upgrade screen but then the program wont allow me to view any of the different setup screens. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Jeff
jjos99 is offline Find More Posts by jjos99
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:50 AM
Registered User
Aviator1's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
sorry off topic but the subject needs our support This is for US enthusiasts

Friends, Associates, and Colleagues



Please help us save the unmanned systems industry, in Oregon, by signing our petition in opposition to Senate Bill 71. http://www.change.org/petitions/oreg...pv-communities



This bill seeks to create a blanket ban against unmanned aircraft use in the state of Oregon. It stifles legitimate scientific, commercial, and artistic uses for these systems and does not distinguish between military style drones and those used for peaceful purposes.



Thank you.



Stephen Burtt

Aerial Technology International

O. 503 344 4397

T. 888-404-4721 ext 101

www.aerialtechnology.com
Signed
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:38 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
50 Posts
jjos99, You should write down all settings by doing a "READ" first, write them on paper and do the firmware upgrade. after is done restart the wookong, click read again. double check out of the settings you wrote down and hit write.

Redo the compass calib. before flight.
GoneSilent is offline Find More Posts by GoneSilent
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2009
89 Posts
Has anyone been having any issues with the current firmware v5.18? This copter has an older version of 5.14a beta. I thought that I had read way back in this thread where there were some esc or motor overheating issues with the 5.14beta? I did find out why I am not able to read the controller with my pc. I downloaded the current software and it will not work with the older firmware that is on the controller. It wont let me do a read since the 2 arent compatable.
Jeff
jjos99 is offline Find More Posts by jjos99
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ballistic Recovery System for Multirotors Duck! Aerial Photography 65 Feb 26, 2014 09:58 PM
Discussion DJI - WooKong eStab for Scale sidneyw Scale Helicopters 97 Dec 30, 2012 10:48 AM
Discussion FY3ZT Autopilot for Aerial Photography feiyudz Aerial Photography 116 May 07, 2012 04:58 PM
Discussion DJI AceOne autopilot for sale... hazchem88 Aerial Photography 4 Mar 31, 2011 03:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM