HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:16 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
One or more motors are not vertical, inducing a yaw. The two opposite motors of your quad that heat up are spinning much harder to fight that yaw.

Straiten your motors and they will cool down.
I checked the motors but they are almost perfectly vertical, I cannot see any visible relevant angle with the vertical axes of all motors.
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:27 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Is it perfectly balanced?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined Jan 2009
98 Posts
dont know if this is of any help but I was reading way back in this thread of an issue with some of the software versions that were causing some of the motors/esc to overheat and causing crashes.
jjos99 is offline Find More Posts by jjos99
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:23 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
One or more motors are not vertical, inducing a yaw. The two opposite motors of your quad that heat up are spinning much harder to fight that yaw.

Straiten your motors and they will cool down.
I'd have to agree with you too. On my MK hexa, all the CCW motors were running warmer then the CW motors. One motor was slightly off vertcal. I just shimmed it up level and now they are all about the same temp.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:15 PM
USA, RI, East Providence
Joined Jun 2010
424 Posts
Can someone with ground station software CD PM me a URL of the download link on the cd? I have contacted DJI, but no response.
crashtested is offline Find More Posts by crashtested
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:56 PM
Joined Jun 2004
144 Posts
As far as I know, There is no internet download of the ground station software. You have to get it from the CD.
cbergen is offline Find More Posts by cbergen
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:15 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashtested View Post
Can someone with ground station software CD PM me a URL of the download link on the cd? I have contacted DJI, but no response.
This is the 64bit, maybe not the newest?

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:18 PM
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jun 2012
619 Posts
DJI iOSD MarkII upgrade

Anyone have anymore information on upgrading the DJI iOSD to a Mark II?
hadawayj is offline Find More Posts by hadawayj
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:27 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj View Post
Anyone have anymore information on upgrading the DJI iOSD to a Mark II?
Read post number 16807 on http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6386&page=1121
pokmon is offline Find More Posts by pokmon
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:17 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,804 Posts
A whole thread on the iOSD MK I and MK II just for you:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738864
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mozambique, Maputo City, Maputo
Joined Sep 2012
38 Posts
motors overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
I'd have to agree with you too. On my MK hexa, all the CCW motors were running warmer then the CW motors. One motor was slightly off vertcal. I just shimmed it up level and now they are all about the same temp.
I tweaked with motors, trying to put them as vertical as possible, doing very small movements to one side or the other and the result now is that the motors 2 and 4, on the other axis, are overheating, while before were motors 1 and 3.
So it really seems that this could be the reason of my motor's overheating.
What I cannot understand is that I have used the quadcopter many times and never had to be so precise to align the motors vertically because of overheating them.
I will do other tries.
archet is offline Find More Posts by archet
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:55 AM
Joined May 2011
369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
I tweaked with motors, trying to put them as vertical as possible, doing very small movements to one side or the other and the result now is that the motors 2 and 4, on the other axis, are overheating, while before were motors 1 and 3.
What I cannot understand is that I have used the quadcopter many times and never had to be so precise to align the motors vertically because of overheating them.
I will do other tries.
Make sure that each one of the CW and CCW motors are slightly offest(maybe 3-5 degrees) so that the resulting sideway thrust(from the tilt) supports their yaw command. For example a CW motor rotates the copter CCW if it spins faster than all other motors, tilt that motor slightly so the resulting thrust vector in the horizontal direction pushes the frame in the CCW direction. I use a magnetic angle locator like this one http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...ductId=1285951 to align all motors within 1-2 degrees but having them tilted in the right direction compensates for any angle measurement differences.

The problem I face is always with my coaxial setups where each arm becomes torque neutral which would imply the need to tilt each motor on the same arm in a different direction...the mikrocopter site has a small shim that can be used to achieve that but I've never used it and instead created a custom motor mix for the WKM to allow motors on each coaxial arm to spin in the same direction. There are of of course disadvantages of having the coaxial props spin air in the same direction but the props I use don't suffer from that.
IconFlyer is offline Find More Posts by IconFlyer
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:13 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,243 Posts
Hmmmm, its strange they are so sensitive.

Line up adjacent prop tips to ensure that the actual motor shaft is vertical, regardless of how it might look with a visual inspection. Looks can be deceiving depending on whats mounted on the copter. Hope that makes sense.

Also, a longshot, but I guess your if your yaw gains are a bit on the high side then it could become overly sensitive to a slightly offset motor. My Yaw gains normally run somewhere around 130-140 (on an octa)

Cheers

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by archet View Post
I will do other tries.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:11 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IconFlyer View Post
...the mikrocopter site has a small shim that can be used to achieve that
Did you have a link ?

Thank you