HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:03 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,124 Posts
If is the same motor all the time check your throttle range.
Do throttle calibration again.
bcollydas is online now Find More Posts by bcollydas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:00 AM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
427 Posts
Thanks, thought it was esc related, just checking here in-case there was some dji m6 thing going on i wasnt aware of.. things been going so well lately ..fw5.16 is the best yet.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:13 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
428 Posts
You will find sometimes on start up some motors will spin faster than others? its pretty random and why.. I dont know, it`s all in the firmware, just raise your idle speed and it should cure the one motor not firing up
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:58 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,075 Posts
My yellow flash for normal flight turns to a light yellow rapid flash at first level of battery warning. It's not quite green, but it's definitely not the dark yellow and definitely not the white.
FWIW, I remember it used to rapid flash the darker yellow and seems like I've lost an LED at some point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstaniloff View Post
Trying to set up my Voltage protection. Maybe I'm going color blind, but does the yellow LED kind of look green? I later got the flashing red LED and the hex starting descending at the second level battery protection. So I think it's the LED light color that's slightly off.
Else, if it is green that would signal an IMU data lost error. What does that exactly mean and how would I correct the problem?
Thanks.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:18 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,075 Posts
It's definitely an IMU Issue and not "inadequate gps reception".
I can see triple white flash in both GPS and atti mode too.

If you took that footage with a gopro, it should have been much smoother IMO being hard mounted to an s800, so check prop balance on all props and make sure they are perfect. Hub balance them too with CA if required.

If that does not work, then reset your WKM to default, check your mounting, recalibrate your mag, and try again.

HTH

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel van Son View Post
Just finished another little test-flight.

Notes:

- Mechanically it's perfect: when I put it in manual mode it almost stays hovering level without touching the controls (see 5:00)
Also gives me white flashes in manual though..

- In GPS-atti it's stays pretty tight in it's 2m diameter, but it does drift of a bit when yawing, flies back to original location after yaw though. Also, frequent triple white led flashed, possibly inadequate gps reception?

- In atti-mode there is a SERIOUS drift to the left! I have to keep on giving it counter-aileron to the right to keep it from flying of.. This is what's bugging me the most. It must be a IMU problem since it stays perfectly stable in Manual-mode...
Also occasional triple white flashes, maybe a compass misreading? I did do a succesfull and clean calibration just before this flight though... The IMU is not touching the sides op the top-plate...

What could be wrong?
How can I get rid of the sideways drift in atti- mode? This is my main concern, since it flies pretty good and I don't notice a difference in flying-characteristics with the white flashes or without.

here are my settings (it's a basic S800 with the gps mounted on the longest pole fairly in the center, and with one Gens Ace 10ah 6S attached underneath the centerplate.)
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
You will find sometimes on start up some motors will spin faster than others? its pretty random and why.. I dont know, it`s all in the firmware, just raise your idle speed and it should cure the one motor not firing up
It's normal, all motors will keep same spin speed unless an absolute horizontal is guaranteed.
DJI INNOVATIONS is online now Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:39 AM
Joined Jul 2011
580 Posts
A fresh overview and Depth Walkthrough of WKM. Maybe a little bit late, hope could help some of fresh guys anyway

Presented by Colin, DJI USA

Wookong M Overview CH 1 Components and Functions 1
Wookong M Overview CH 1 Components and Functions 1 (3 min 0 sec)

Wookong M Overview CH 2 Recievers 1
Wookong M Overview CH 2 Recievers 1 (2 min 56 sec)

Wookong M Overview CH 3 Flight Modes
Wookong M Overview CH 3 Flight Modes (4 min 42 sec)

Programming the Wookong M CH 2 Software Overview
Programming the Wookong M CH 2 Software Overview (4 min 52 sec)

Programming the Wookong M CH 3 In Depth Walkthrough
Programming the Wookong M CH 3 In Depth Walkthrough (7 min 52 sec)
DJI INNOVATIONS is online now Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:15 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,027 Posts
Colin, CEO of DJI NA, does a great job at explaining the WKM. The videos are much more professional than those that users have done. I hope that DJI posts links on their website. It will be of great use to new users. Thanks, Colin.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:33 AM
Joined Dec 2008
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Colin, CEO of DJI NA, does a great job at explaining the WKM. The videos are much more professional than those that users have done. I hope that DJI posts links on their website. It will be of great use to new users. Thanks, Colin.
I agree, just videos and as I'm about to purchase the WKM it is very good timing.

One thing I didn't completely understand from the flight modes video was the stabilization.

If you let go of the sticks in manual mode, does the WKM keep the copter level?

Thanks
crcr is offline Find More Posts by crcr
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:38 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,027 Posts
crcr,

Not in Manual mode, in ATTI and GPS/ATTI only.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:16 AM
Joined Dec 2008
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
crcr,

Not in Manual mode, in ATTI and GPS/ATTI only.
Thanks, So in ATTI mode its auto leveling but means the Altitude hold is always on?

So there is no way to have the altitude hold switched off but still have auto level?

If you wanted to take some photos at various heights and raise altitude slowly on the same spot you would need to be in GPS/ATTI mode. Is it easy to raise the altitude slowly without the WKM trying to fight to keep the same original altitude?

Thanks
Craig
crcr is offline Find More Posts by crcr
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:25 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
if you move the throttle stick above 50% (in Atti and GPS-Atti) the copter climbs (climb speed dependent on your stick position)
if you move the throttle stick below 50% (in Atti and GPS-Atti) the copter descents (descent speed dependent on your stick position)

(this you can also read in the manual)

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jan 16, 2013, 05:20 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
It's normal, all motors will keep same spin speed unless an absolute horizontal is guaranteed.
Sorry I do not understand? do you mean to say that after the CSC input the motors should all run at the same speed? without throttle input... If that is the case, mine do not, at least on the S800 they don`t. There are two motors that always spin much slower than the other 4 until takeoff when the imu notices an imbalance and corrects it.
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:22 AM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,178 Posts
I had that issue with my NAZA. It ended up being my ESC's were not all calibrated to the same end points. Try recalibrate and see if that helps.
Sniperp is online now Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Jan 16, 2013, 08:12 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squigg View Post
Thanks, thought it was esc related, just checking here in-case there was some dji m6 thing going on i wasnt aware of.. things been going so well lately ..fw5.16 is the best yet.
never had real problems anyway with my Quad on other firmwares, but, must say i can see an feel a very big improvement since putting 5.16 on it.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb