HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:42 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,962 Posts
I flew through about 10 packs today... after relocating the gps and re-calibrating the compass I had very few white flashes and good performance.

My issue is still some TBE and I find it quite annoying that the gimbal still drifts.

I belive adding my ground plane back to the gps will reduce the TBE and help maintain sats in the air which I lost a few times during flight.
saabguyspg is online now Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:40 PM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
What is the best touch screen platform to run the Data Link Ground Station software on? I was thinking a Windows 8 tablet? Maybe the Microsoft Surface Pro which can run full on Windows apps and available in January? I don't think it can run on Microsoft Surface RT currently available.
Last I checked, the groundstation software does not run on Windows 8.
I had the same though/hope, but looks like we'll have to wait until they modify the software to work with Windows 8.

Speaking of the Groundstation software. I've noticed that the "estimated number of photos" doesn't ever move from zero when using the photogrammetry tool. Anyone find a way to make this work?

Thanks,
Brent
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:40 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsgodeep View Post
Speaking of the Groundstation software. I've noticed that the "estimated number of photos" doesn't ever move from zero when using the photogrammetry tool. Anyone find a way to make this work?

Thanks,
Brent
I don't think this is available yet and when it its, it is my understanding that it will take the iOSD to make it work. That is the only DJI accessory that has any appreciable amount of available memory. If someone knows differently or more please chime in here.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Hi all,

i'm trying to update my firmware and i'm not sure what is wrong but it doesn't seem to work. I went with the procedure stated on wiki, what do they mean but .power cycle the controller? and should i power cycle when promted and then click ok or when prompted click ok and the power cycle? How will I know if the power cycle was succesfull? a lot of questions for something that seems simple but since I try to updated without power cylcling (cause I wasn't sure how to do that) my wookong can't fly as it responds with hard twiches that almost makes me crash!

thanks for any help
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananawhiz View Post
Hi all,

i'm trying to update my firmware and i'm not sure what is wrong but it doesn't seem to work. I went with the procedure stated on wiki, what do they mean but .power cycle the controller? and should i power cycle when promted and then click ok or when prompted click ok and the power cycle? How will I know if the power cycle was succesfull? a lot of questions for something that seems simple but since I try to updated without power cylcling (cause I wasn't sure how to do that) my wookong can't fly as it responds with hard twiches that almost makes me crash!

thanks for any help
+1
I am interested to hear an answer...
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:03 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,207 Posts
Cycle power just means to unplug the battery and then replug it back in. Unplug and replug it back in when prompted then click ok if it hasn't already started back up itself.
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:42 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Feb 2011
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
Cycle power just means to unplug the battery and then replug it back in. Unplug and replug it back in when prompted then click ok if it hasn't already started back up itself.
Thanks, I tought power cycle was moving the sticks in all directions on my transmitter
bananawhiz is offline Find More Posts by bananawhiz
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:49 AM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,113 Posts
You have to unplug the USB also on power cycle.
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:12 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
920 Posts
I'm flying with 2 x 5000mah 45C packs. Any recommendations on First Level and Second Level Protection settings on the voltage monitor?

I've heard that you do not want to go below 3.2V/cell under load. Is that correct? If so, then it seems like the Second Level Protection settings should be13.2V and First Level would be 13.4V?
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:26 PM
Australia, NSW, Mt Hutton
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
I gave up on the Battery protection settings
now fly 10mins 2x4s 6000 packs but a heavy machine
Warning would kick in after about 3-4mins when packs were still at 70% - suspect voltage sag from the Turnigy Nanos
leaves me at between 30-40% left in pack with a buffer to go as low as 20% if I need to
Cheers
Joe
joeb56 is offline Find More Posts by joeb56
Old Dec 08, 2012, 06:10 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb56 View Post
I gave up on the Battery protection settings
now fly 10mins 2x4s 6000 packs but a heavy machine
Warning would kick in after about 3-4mins when packs were still at 70% - suspect voltage sag from the Turnigy Nanos
leaves me at between 30-40% left in pack with a buffer to go as low as 20% if I need to
Cheers
Joe
I basically gave up on those ages ago, as even after entering good values, it was always putting me down at about 4 minutes, tested with same battery later, with it disabled , i got 8 minutes, landed, the battery was still well within margins when considering voltage then underload voltage.

i time tested, and now run with a timer from 8 minutes 30 seconds, done that for a while now, never had any unwanted landings and batteries are all fine.

now on latest FW, so may try again, but have been quite happy with the timer so far.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
168 Posts
I just gave up on the voltage settings too last week after a long exercise in voltage monitoring during flight when i was getting inconsistent alarms with consistent batteries. Now I'm using an audible voltage alarm and (still) using a timer. Also found a sweet app called RCLogbook to keep track of my battery cycles, IR and other stuff as a result of the exercise - has a cool timer too rather than just using the simple stopwatch feature if you use an iPhone.
janoots2 is offline Find More Posts by janoots2
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:01 PM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
920 Posts
Here are my new thresholds.

I'm using 2 x 4S 5000mah lipos and a 10lbs rig AUW.
I'm using the forumula 4 x 3.4v/cell with a .2v loss for first level
and 4 x 3.3v/cell witha .2v loss for the second level.
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:22 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananawhiz View Post
Hi all,

thanks for any help
Power cycle is unplugging the battery wait a couple of seconds then plug it back in! Simple as that....

Once it's completed, I then tend to unplug everything after this (batt + USB) Turn off TX, then turn TX back on and plug Batt + USB back in and confirm everything is right in the software, I will also type my settings back in to the software.. (this is just a habit that I do this)
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:23 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
Hello guys,

Just finished my X16 and had maiden a few minutes ago ...

FW 5.08

more details you can find in this thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763685

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays