SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
what do you mean by z15 unplugged? did you fly without zenmuse?

rené
I unplugged z15 during re-download of 5.16 firmware. After it was done I plugged it back in. I saw on one of the forums to do this and it could help, so I tried it. The gain change was probably the trick.
workyort is offline Find More Posts by workyort
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:44 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by workyort View Post
I reloaded 5.16 with Z15 unplugged and reworked gains to new settings of 180 180 175 160
170 170
This is the most stable and predictable that it has ever flown.

In addition, increased flight time by two minutes.
All stock parts no mods.
How do you think the new FW did that?

Thanks
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Sep 2011
333 Posts
"In addition, increased flight time by two minutes."

More accurate GPS may be? Less work for the motor trying to correct the position of the craft. But 2 full minutes is alot. Too good to be true
flashervn is offline Find More Posts by flashervn
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:45 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
936 Posts
Are the CAN ports all the same? Can I hook any device into any available CAN port?

Reason I ask is that I just installed my iOSD and Data Link tonight which was pretty straight forward I thought. The family is sleeping so I just took it into the garage for a quick power up. Normally, arming the copter makes the motors spin for about 5sec and then they stop. This time, they all stopped except one. That one kept going and I know something is not quite right. I unplugged it to stop the motor. Weird.
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:46 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
Are the CAN ports all the same? Can I hook device to any CAN port?

Reason I ask is that I just installed my iOSD and Data Link tonight which was pretty straight forward I thought. The family is asleep so, I just took it into the garage for a quick power up. Normally, arming the copter makes the motors spin for about 5sec and then they stop. This time, they all stopped except one. That one kept going and I know something is not quite right.

Yes !
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:54 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbob View Post
Are the CAN ports all the same? Can I hook any device into any available CAN port?

Reason I ask is that I just installed my iOSD and Data Link tonight which was pretty straight forward I thought. The family is sleeping so I just took it into the garage for a quick power up. Normally, arming the copter makes the motors spin for about 5sec and then they stop. This time, they all stopped except one. That one kept going and I know something is not quite right. I unplugged it to stop the motor. Weird.
You are right Weird. I have not had that happen with mine on 5.16 with 900 mHz Data Link and iOSD.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:35 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
I unplugged z15 during re-download of 5.16 firmware. After it was done I plugged it back in. I saw on one of the forums to do this and it could help, so I tried it. The gain change was probably the trick.

thanks!

i read it too, but forgot already again ...

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:19 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
do you still know where this post was, as i treid to find it without any success?

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:28 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashervn View Post
"In addition, increased flight time by two minutes."

More accurate GPS may be? Less work for the motor trying to correct the position of the craft. But 2 full minutes is alot. Too good to be true
Depending on his original flight times it maybe as much as an increase of 33% if he went from 6 minutes to 8.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Jun 2004
142 Posts
Large Octocopter with Wookong M, on v 5.14 firmware...

CJ Octocopter, first flight (6 min 53 sec)

I have since upgraded to 5.16, but saw no real difference. I did not verify flight times, but will begin to take note of it to see if there is any improvement over the older firmware.

Admittedly, this IS with the new GPS/compass puck...
cbergen is offline Find More Posts by cbergen
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:23 AM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Anyone with a x8 configuration? Is it better to use y-servo cables and quadro config in
the mixer or the real x8 motor mixer? I heard the very first batch of the WKM, which i have,
had some issues with the F2/F2 output so not sure here. No need for gimbal output
because i have a zen.
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:36 AM
Joined Oct 2011
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
Anyone with a x8 configuration? Is it better to use y-servo cables and quadro config in
the mixer or the real x8 motor mixer? I heard the very first batch of the WKM, which i have,
had some issues with the F2/F2 output so not sure here. No need for gimbal output
because i have a zen.
Mine was first batch WKM and had been flying x8 all the while. I think the only issue with the old WKM is with S800 having diff value but not really on most frame.
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:28 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
936 Posts
I'm also flying with an x8 config and am not using y-servo cables. I would think that would have a negative impact on stability. I have a gimbal on order and will be using the Hoverfly gimbal controller.

I'm starting to think that the x6 is the sweetspot configuration. Had I to do it over again, I'd probably get the Spreading Wings S800.
Kerbob is offline Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:40 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
Hello
Is somebody can say me if it is normal :
s800 with data link 900 and on the computer
i have the altitude go on or down than s800 is on the ground (motor on or motor off)
thanks

S800 (0 min 28 sec)
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Last edited by sdaudet; Dec 01, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Aug 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Depending on his original flight times it maybe as much as an increase of 33% if he went from 6 minutes to 8.
I use maxamps10900 120c bats, get 13 minutes, now I get 15. 13% increase.
workyort is offline Find More Posts by workyort