What about here?
WooKong Failure 5.16 (2 min 41 sec)
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:47 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,074 Posts
I tried 5.16 yesterday on a heavy OCTA and it seemed to work well. I didn't have GPS connected as that's gone back to HQ for an update.

I really like the altitude limit as it will keep us (here in Australia) always below the 400' AGL rule or lower if necessary. FWIW, I set it to 15meters and did a punch out. It looked like it hit an invisible ceiling. Nice!!

And thankyou dji for listening.

Next request is more functions via d-bus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
Are going to start to discuss Operating Systems here? I'm more worried with my bird! Please come back to the TOPIC!
I'm coming back to 5.14 until more research is done.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:49 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Another that seems to be coming is Distance limit... in a few weeks. I read that on a French fórum.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:53 AM
Adelaide
Joined Feb 2007
233 Posts
Hi all,
I'm new to the DJI systems and this the first time using their products. I am so far really impressed with the stability of 5.16 and the GPS position hold. Here's a picture of our Hex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
I tried 5.16 yesterday on a heavy OCTA and it seemed to work well. I didn't have GPS connected as that's gone back to HQ for an update.

I really like the altitude limit as it will keep us (here in Australia) always below the 400' AGL rule or lower if necessary. FWIW, I set it to 15meters and did a punch out. It looked like it hit an invisible ceiling. Nice!!

And thankyou dji for listening.

Next request is more functions via d-bus.
Blunderbum is offline Find More Posts by Blunderbum
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:00 AM
Florence, IT
Joined Oct 2006
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
S800? I'm checking / reporting to DJI.
What about here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjWvT...layer_embedded
Ciao,
is a 4 motors with frame X650.
One hypothesis is that the multirotore when flying at low altitude and constant power, believed to be at level 0 and turns off the engine as if he had landed.
If you look, all the flip occurred at low altitude.
I hope I explained myself
marchino65 is offline Find More Posts by marchino65
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:58 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbum View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to the DJI systems and this the first time using their products. I am so far really impressed with the stability of 5.16 and the GPS position hold. Here's a picture of our Hex.
Waou ! This is a GARDEN UAV ???
LoL
Heavy Machine

Yes, now altitude limit, and distance limit in 5.18, due to french lawwwwwwws...
Thats life !
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Discussed with DJI today and they say that 5.16 should be reliable even after what I have mentioned. They do mention that some people might have different versions of ESC's and that could cause the melody not to be in sync, and if the hexa is unstable, it shouldn't be because of the FW... I don't totally agree with that since people who confirmed this doesn't complain anymore while coming back to 5.14. But this is just FYI.

I'm related to programming, debugging software etc.. and in my point of view, I don't understand why adding new features like they do those new FW could cause issues, as they are probably adding new code and not modifying something that already work, of course change can bring regressions, but... we don't know what is being change...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:38 AM
Manchester, England
Joined Oct 2004
101 Posts
Prop break.

I am on 5.14 and so far have not had any issues
We were flying at Mam Tor, Peak district further testing my home built gimbal.
After a couple of good flights I decided to fly to the summit. I had gone higher than in any previous flight, tilted the camera down, did a quick rotation and was about to descend. As you can see I had a prop shed a blade. I flicked into homelock mode and pulled back away from the hillside. The Hexa came down pretty quickly and I landed on soft bouncy grass. No further damage! I fitted another prop and had a more tentative but successful flight. I will not fly again with these 10" EPP style props. I have ordered APC props from the Aeroquad store.

Mam Tor6 (4 min 7 sec)

I would be interested to hear of any similair experiences. It seems some of us are building and flying expensive models with toy props.
Bobj_Manchester is online now Find More Posts by Bobj_Manchester
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:35 AM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Apple currently holds 12 percent of the PC market in the United States, according to Gartner, not sure about the world. why would someone want to put time into trying to get something off of a OSX? pictures of kids? then your target is 12 percent.. half of them are just doing artsy stuff? then it drops you down to less opportunity than that.. waste of time? More opportunity on other os. but vulnerabilities and virus are not the same, but just because someone wants to target another OS, doesn't mean it is any less.. actually, it may mean that it is worth more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Dude, they are vulnerabilities, not virii.
And there's 67 on that page from the last 7 years.
So either you are supporting the OSX platform from the link you have posted (prolly not), or have no idea that windows has about that many actual Virii actually appearing each day...
If you could work it out as a risk difference rating between Win/Mac, the number would be big in OSXs favour. No?
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:55 AM
William Okamura
Brazil
Joined Aug 2006
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrimoungchanh View Post
Apple currently holds 12 percent of the PC market in the United States, according to Gartner, not sure about the world. why would someone want to put time into trying to get something off of a OSX? pictures of kids? then your target is 12 percent.. half of them are just doing artsy stuff? then it drops you down to less opportunity than that.. waste of time? More opportunity on other os. but vulnerabilities and virus are not the same, but just because someone wants to target another OS, doesn't mean it is any less.. actually, it may mean that it is worth more.

this topic is not about OS
okamuwf is offline Find More Posts by okamuwf
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okamuwf View Post

this topic is not about OS
It is when people want Assistant suppo5rt on a particular OS.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
244 Posts
So can we log with the iOSD?
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Not yet.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:11 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
thanks for your reply!

yes, i was checking and i actually have exactly 1 arm with a v3 esc.

... and this explains why the esc of that arm is making it´s melody not in sync with the others, doesn´t matter where i connect the arm to ...

thanks for clearing this up, but ...

here comes the but

if i exchange that arm with another wich has v4 esc, so all the arms have v4, then the arm at m6 is out of sync every time, doesn´t matter wich i put in then.

there is one exeption ... when i wait for 30 min or something like this, then they are all in sync, just for one time. after power cycling the same problem accurs again.

sometimes it happens that all are in sync, even with the arm that has v3 esc.

i am sooo clueless!

any ideas?

rené

ps: just now, there was the out of sync at the v3 arm and at m6. so there is not really a pattern. at least i can´t really see one, as it is sometimes like this and then like that.

pps: is v3 recommended to use or is this one that needed to be fixed? or wasn´t there any problem with the esc -- was it with the mc - wasn´t it? i am so confused now! is esc v3 working fine?
I just read about the "out of sync" problem.
Are you guys, who have this Problem with M6 out of sync, having the V2 of the Wookong?

I just ask, because the "waiting 30 Minutes" indicates that there is something with electrical charging, like a capacitor, and as we know the resistor values of the V1 Wookong are different for some ports, including M6 as well, if I remember correctly...

I just ask before updating my S800 and F550
Button2011 is offline Find More Posts by Button2011
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
what altitude limit mean in the new firmware , real altitude ( from sea level ) or altitude from takeoff level ?
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti