HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut View Post
If you export all your settings to a file before making changes, it saves some time.. after the upgrade, just import from the file, and WRITE each tab back to the Wk-M or NAZA.

Thanks Bob!
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
North Central Positronics
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut View Post
If you export all your settings to a file before making changes, it saves some time.. after the upgrade, just import from the file, and WRITE each tab back to the Wk-M or NAZA.
Don't rely on this method. Last time I did this it said "incompatible version" or some such when I tried to load the file I had saved, and I had to start over. I write everything down now, and re-enter the values I had before for a starting point. Works great. 5.16 really is working good in my S800.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
Trying to understand something
Argentina, CB, Córdoba
Joined Nov 2011
209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeeg View Post
I wanted to add my two cents to the reports regarding the newest 5.16 firmware. I loaded it today on my quad camera ship and it is the best yet! During about 24 minutes of actual flight time I had near perfect flight smoothness & stability. GPS hold was great & so far no flashing white light when doing aggressive flying. Am very happy with it so far!
Good to hear! 5.16 is the first version I am seriously thinking to upgrade from 5.06. Come on DJI, you can!!!

Jovito
jovito is offline Find More Posts by jovito
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
5.16 is very solid firmware. Highly recommend it.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:32 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
So good reports so far, will do an upgrade today, never had issues, but always like to upgrade to new firmware when its available, i will do the upgrade when i re-mount my GPS on a new mounting i have made today, just was never keen on the pole lol,
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:12 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
DJI was in our local news with the F1 event. I was out there all day today watching the event.
jbdww is online now Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:13 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
276 Posts
I flew 5.16 yesterday in 2 missions, and I have to say this is the best I have ever seen my rig fly. Very smooth now, and I feel a lot more comfortable flying the rig now.
jbdww is online now Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:46 AM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Braine-l'Alleud
Joined Dec 2008
190 Posts
Make some other flights with my S800 and 5.16 version just wanderfull!

I now come back to explain again in wich conditions I get drift:

When I want to make a panorama, I engage GPS mode and then, with yaw I make a slow turn.

For the second, I was descending after a GPS flight without having disengaged it.

I think that's my fault. I could not make this when GPS mode is engaged.
nisouck is offline Find More Posts by nisouck
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:55 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
hi guys,

i gonna try in this thread as well ...

has anyone as well recogniced that the esc´s at the s800 are out of sync with their melody at start?

i am not sure, if i have heard that before, but i am taking a close look to everything, after one of the motors went off in mid air and an almost total loss.

is someone in the know, if that is a serious thing or not?

is it possible to fix that, as with other esc´s/systems?

thanks for replying!

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
The melody timing was changed with V4 ESCs. So I would guess you have both v3 and v4 ESCs on your S800. Can you confirm this??
hex junky is offline Find More Posts by hex junky
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:01 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdww View Post
I flew 5.16 yesterday in 2 missions, and I have to say this is the best I have ever seen my rig fly. Very smooth now, and I feel a lot more comfortable flying the rig now.
That encouraging.
Is anyone using the new FW on an Octo?
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:29 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
thanks for your reply!

yes, i was checking and i actually have exactly 1 arm with a v3 esc.

... and this explains why the esc of that arm is making it´s melody not in sync with the others, doesn´t matter where i connect the arm to ...

thanks for clearing this up, but ...

here comes the but

if i exchange that arm with another wich has v4 esc, so all the arms have v4, then the arm at m6 is out of sync every time, doesn´t matter wich i put in then.

there is one exeption ... when i wait for 30 min or something like this, then they are all in sync, just for one time. after power cycling the same problem accurs again.

sometimes it happens that all are in sync, even with the arm that has v3 esc.

i am sooo clueless!

any ideas?

rené

ps: just now, there was the out of sync at the v3 arm and at m6. so there is not really a pattern. at least i can´t really see one, as it is sometimes like this and then like that.

pps: is v3 recommended to use or is this one that needed to be fixed? or wasn´t there any problem with the esc -- was it with the mc - wasn´t it? i am so confused now! is esc v3 working fine?
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Last edited by renricker7; Nov 17, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:37 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Just wanted to say that 5.16 has been working great! This is the first time I upgraded my FW and I didn't need to tweak my settings. Very stable.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Apr 2011
106 Posts
Great to read so many happy reports in here on the new FW. The constant agro over 5.14 (which never troubled me, incidentally) was beginning to make me feel crappy about clicking on this thread. Can't wait to get back into town at the end of the month and take it for a run. Had no idea redundancy wasn't properly accounted for in previous warez. The only was is up.

So now it's time to open up some more channels for sBus users - 2 or more for gains, at least 1 for camera pitch, 1 for RTH, 1 for intelligent control mode... etc.

While I'm here, DJI Tech 4 is making ever-morphing/semi-beta DJI-use ten times more inclusive and just good. Cheers, guys.
BrundleFly is offline Find More Posts by BrundleFly
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Jul 2012
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrundleFly View Post
Great to read so many happy reports in here on the new FW. The constant agro over 5.14 (which never troubled me, incidentally) was beginning to make me feel crappy about clicking on this thread. Can't wait to get back into town at the end of the month and take it for a run. Had no idea redundancy wasn't properly accounted for in previous warez. The only was is up.

So now it's time to open up some more channels for sBus users - 2 or more for gains, at least 1 for camera pitch, 1 for RTH, 1 for intelligent control mode... etc.

While I'm here, DJI Tech 4 is making ever-morphing/semi-beta DJI-use ten times more inclusive and just good. Cheers, guys.

What does that last paragraph mean?
tombrown1 is offline Find More Posts by tombrown1