HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 06:40 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,154 Posts
How big are your machines?

Seems that the larger 1 meter type machines and particularly OCTAs are getting the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebbb View Post
I cant understand it really, and i know i cannot disregard anyones issues, but i have built 5 hexas and umpteen quads, one more Hexa tonight and another Quad, all running 5.14, and i have never had any issues with any of them, sorry, apart from one, the GPS module was faulty, but that aside, nothing more, everyone has flown perfectly as they should, and all functions have operated fine eg, POI, RTH low battery landing etc.etc,

i feel for those who are having issues, i really do, but why are some not having issues, yet some are ?
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
It may well be a size issue, the quads are 600mm from shaft to shaft, so basically 2ft, off the top of my head, i think the Hexas are pretty much the same lengths.

so not big heavy lifters, but big enough for whats needed, i also know someone else who sets them up quite a lot, but his are usually around the same sizes.
Not the best of videos, have since got rid of the wavyness, plus a better cam would do it, but this is two snippets of GPS hold. the other week

GPS test. (1 min 34 sec)
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:50 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2012
23 Posts
So can we get back in the air after the compass firmware upgrade? I received no information once I got mine back the other day.

Do we have to wait for the new FC update that they are building?
Terra is offline Find More Posts by Terra
Old Nov 09, 2012, 05:04 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
491 Posts
any return for new GPS ?
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
any return for new GPS ?
According to the Tracking# I should be getting mine back tomorrow. i will keep you posted.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:21 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
I did, test flight yesterday. No probem so far. Will burn more batteries during the next few days...
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:38 AM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Has anybody made a V-shape quadro or hexa and could post here a picture of the
custom mixer?
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:20 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
I only got a replacement MC back so far from Robert. I have been waiting weeks now for a replacement WKM. First it wrecks $1000 plus worth of Octo parts then I have to wait weeks for them to replace the crap they sold me in the first place.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 09:01 PM
William Okamura
Brazil
Joined Aug 2006
84 Posts
72hours continuos S800+WKM

72 Hour Wookong- M Test Flight (2 min 7 sec)
okamuwf is offline Find More Posts by okamuwf
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:20 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okamuwf View Post
Damn thats pretty cool. Good to see they have testing facilities like this.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:45 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okamuwf View Post

http://vimeo.com/53196308#at=0
That's great, now they test it. Is DJI going to pay for my repairs after I had 2 flips with their crappy GPS software? They admit it is their fault.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:12 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
So DJI have only tested the S800 for a steady hover!
What happens if the bug was when switching flight modes, from windy conditions, from the sun hitting the hexa or when there is voltage variation from a lipo running down.
I find this test video just a marketing gimmick and of no real use. DJI next time spent your time in proper testing and not making marketing videos.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:19 AM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
That's great, now they test it. Is DJI going to pay for my repairs after I had 2 flips with their crappy GPS software? They admit it is their fault.
Yes they will if you can prove it wasn't your flying skills that caused the crash (ie video). If you read this thread many people have gotten free replacement parts or even entire rigs or repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
I find this test video just a marketing gimmick and of no real use. DJI next time spent your time in proper testing and not making marketing videos.
It's better testing then any other flight system manufacture out there does (especially points at HFP with their string of bad firmwares). Now that they setup a facility for testing they just might test other modes etc. Its not cheap to setup a caged safe room like that so I doubt they'll put it to waste.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dolby; Nov 11, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:25 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
So DJI have only tested the S800 for a steady hover!
What happens if the bug was when switching flight modes, from windy conditions, from the sun hitting the hexa or when there is voltage variation from a lipo running down.
This video also shows how little they test before putting out new hardware and software.
Why didn't they do this simple test before they putting out the new GPS? What tests did they do, if not this simple 72 hour test?
If someone got hurt because of this bug, they would have been sued into the ground.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:33 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Yes they will if you can prove it wasn't your flying skills that caused the crash (ie video). If you read this thread many people have gotten free replacement parts or even entire rigs or repairs.
I was testing my octo, I don't think I was videoing at the time.
They were only replacing S800's I believe. I have not even been offered replacement parts. Heck I have not even gotten my GPS replaced yet. But then again according to you, I can't prove it was the GPS and not "my flying skills". Or lack there of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
It's better testing then any other flight system manufacture out there does. Now that they setup a facility for testing they just might test other modes etc. Its not cheap to setup a caged safe room like that so I doubt they'll put it to waste.
How do you know?