SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:31 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Yep seems the zero uav is the light. I don't see none of those pilots worrying about copter flipping to its death out of the blues. Smashing expensive camera and chopping at faces.

The so called Dji reps are use less, they show their face now and again when the kitty gets low. But as soon as it fills they all vanish faster than knight rider chasing twinkle wink.
Hey we are here in Austin to help with SW 800, WKM, We can repair all Zemuse gimbals.

Cannot answer every forum question yet, but feel free to pm me like losts of guys have done. We will respond same day!

Take care,
DJI TECH
DJI TECH 4 is offline Find More Posts by DJI TECH 4
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:47 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
426 Posts
Thanks guys! Even though I havent contacted you yet except for my WKM 50wp license # you were quick in getting back to me and I appreciate that. To date I have been dealing with DJI china but it's not like I've asked them any questions...That being said I have a few questions you may be able to help me with concerning the Z15.

Why does it wonder? I notice that it drifts slightly to the left and back again slowly at times and others it vibrates quite a bit especially in wind. Not heavy wind but in general.It makes it hard to produce video for my clients. I haven't flown since I got my compass back but even testing in-house the other night it did the same until I worked it for a good 10mins. Then it seemed to hold position no matter what? Before I got the compass back it would even throw my horizon off about 20 degrees (before i got iOSD) and I lost a couple contracts because of it. What should I be looking for/at? I want to get back in the air but am leary about flying with the updated compass firmware without waiting for the next WKM firmware update that's "coming soon" to match. Suggestions?

I know it's not entirely clear but 2/3 the way through the video look at the gimbal (close to ground) and you can see the tilt on the gimbal.. I would post pics of the last photoshoot but it's not worth it...
Quick little zip around the park... (2 min 43 sec)

Ahem, that said. My dealer is absolutely great but they are so busy with everything else I hate to burden them with questions they can't answer (not that they won't try, they are very good and fast...) being an entrepreneur I know how hectic it is trying to keep up with so many different technologies/customers at the same time.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance.
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI TECH 4 View Post
Hey we are here in Austin to help with SW 800, WKM, We can repair all Zemuse gimbals.

Cannot answer every forum question yet, but feel free to pm me like losts of guys have done. We will respond same day!

Take care,
DJI TECH
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:

Take care,
DJI TECH
ThanksDo you have any idea what is happening regarding the NTSC problem on the zenmuse?, it has been talked about several times and seems that we may need to send the gimbals in for repair, can you confirm this.

thanks
fb
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:00 AM
United States, NY, Westbury
Joined Mar 2012
112 Posts
so does anyone know of a version that really can be called reliable so far? my gps doesnt hold like it use too on the older versions she drifts all over the place, useless. looking at these videos of people having problems with the wkm makes me think that its only a matter of time before a class action law suit begins... this guys are have made us test pilots with our own expensive rigs just to receive crappy customer service and ignored e mails..yeah, class action law suit seems about right....any lawyers in the house !!???
El PaDrone is offline Find More Posts by El PaDrone
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:15 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edykosta View Post
so does anyone know of a version that really can be called reliable so far?
I have had my WKM for one year this month. I'm on v4.2, not had a problem yet.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:30 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edykosta View Post
so does anyone know of a version that really can be called reliable so far? my gps doesnt hold like it use too on the older versions she drifts all over the place, useless. looking at these videos of people having problems with the wkm makes me think that its only a matter of time before a class action law suit begins... this guys are have made us test pilots with our own expensive rigs just to receive crappy customer service and ignored e mails..yeah, class action law suit seems about right....any lawyers in the house !!???
On what grounds?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:58 AM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
So you didn't update it for more than a year? Got mine with 5.06.
Diss appointing that I was ask today when my copter will fly again. Think they will soon switch to another company. There are some here in Berlin and none with DJI gear I think. And also that the Naza get the same behavior with attached GPS. Building a small Y6 as test bench right now.

So no comments on the video link I posted from the German Fpv forum. This is from one Naza over 5 month and look at the last flight that is what scares me with the brand new Controller it's really worth watching and nothing gets hurt or damaged but I think this is the proof that the controller hung up from time to time. And the Wookongs have the same problems then the Naza right now.

Would it be helpfully to post the SN from the drift and flip controllers so that DJI can figure out if it's only in some special series?
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:07 AM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Jan 2006
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squigg View Post
Sounds scary that alright, think i would have panicked & crashed for sure... Is your gps unit the one with the black bits on as the other newer one has been recalled by dji?
http://www.dji-innovations.com/compass/submit_rma/

a freefly controller, that sounds interesting, is Tabb in development? I didnt hear that..
Squigg, Twister 773 is my new HERO! Why, you ask????? Well, because he reminds me of
"Evil Kinevel" because only a daredevil would fly a Multi; "over a huge river, at night, next
to a big bridge, and 6k of camera strapped underneath!"
Are you kidding me?????
That sounds like a recipe for DISASTER!!!!! That's why Twister is my HERO!
Ohhhhhh....Yeahhhhhh!!!

BTW, Thanks for your help regarding the Octo!
Papajeff is offline Find More Posts by Papajeff
Last edited by Papajeff; Nov 06, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:16 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:

Take care,
DJI TECH
Great to see you back online.

Don't you think it's a great idea for you or one of you associates to be active on the forums helping out your costumers who are having problems. Posting in public so others can read.

These electronics your company is offering to the public has the downside of being dangerous. It won't be long before some innocent person gets injured by one. And when that happens don't think they won't find your door step with the court proceedings just like Tayota who sold cars with faulty brakes.

You now have H-Q in Texas American soil. That means like lots of other Far East companies who hide behind the great big ocean. Dji can't.

Visible read outs for sensors and flight data sensor logging should have being implemented from day one.
There is no way to tell if sensors are working properly. There is no way to check sensor logs after a crash.

The click and go software shows some sensor read outs, so why can't these be implemented in the wkm pc software?

Take heed my friend. Un responsible pilots help to mess up the lay back system and so does the companies who offer dangerous items. One really bad day and the government will inflict a ban
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Last edited by hexa; Nov 06, 2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
Yep 4.2 is the best most solid firmware. My beat-up go to quad is on it never let me down. Me and it have being to so many places from the Caribbean to the cold peaks of Scottland. still sails like a champ.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
If you need great GPS function you will need to mod the GPS put a bit of carbon fibre behind the GPS module it works like a reflector for the GPS signal from space.
Either Dji is using knock GPS sensors or the atmosphere is so Cramed with pollution, preventing GPS signal from penetrating the earth.

For guys who are having problems with data link software. Try downloading the google earth plugin from google wedsite then install the google plugin from the Dji disk. I too had problems with it. Solve after doing just that.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
If you need great GPS function you will need to mod the GPS put a bit of carbon fibre behind the GPS module it works like a reflector for the GPS signal from space.
Either Dji is using knock GPS sensors or the atmosphere is so Cramed with pollution, preventing GPS signal from penetrating the earth.

For guys who are having problems with data link software. Try downloading the google earth plugin from google wedsite then install the google plugin from the Dji disk. I too had problems with it. Solve after doing just that.
As you know i did this and i have since done this with two more, and GPS locking and position hold have been far better than they ever were.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:31 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
" behind" do you mean underneath?
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:42 PM
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Braine-l'Alleud
Joined Dec 2008
199 Posts
Quote:

May be some picture to show this feature?
nisouck is offline Find More Posts by nisouck
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
" behind" do you mean underneath?
Well, yes, Underneath it.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb