HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:48 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Try to reinstall each components using admin rights (run as admin, by right click on the exe, directly from the folders). Also be sure to run Windows Update and be updated – reboot if needed. Try also to install the latest drivers of your graphical adapter. If you still can't make it, MP me, I will be happy to discuss this over a phone call or a remote session. This is probably not an issue on DJI software, nevertheless, on the GS, check for updates also (4.06 is the latest).
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Oct 2012
40 Posts
Hi Semich,
I appreciate your concern but I have already done all these things. Sometimes google earth loading but even then the image is cloudy. Besides this when it loads the "click and go" function doesn't work. I am pressing space bar and appears a "just-in-time Debugging" form. What is all this. I am prefer DJI products because they are reliable. And I was waiting support . I bought the software before 12 days and I still trying to operate it. I am very disappointed.

The tragic is, that a lot of people from here are trying to help and DJI send one mail like this:

"Pls visit: http://www.google.com/earth/explore/...ts/plugin.html
And give us the screen shot about what is going on
."

and nothing else
STASID is offline Find More Posts by STASID
Last edited by STASID; Oct 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Can you be more precise or even send a print screen of the cloudy image? Can you share the debugging information? like I said, this is probably not a DJI software issue... so DJI will probably redirect you to a local IT store. I hope you can sort it out If you change your mind, you can use procmon.exe to collect the start up of the tool and share here to help you out.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Oct 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
.............., you can use procmon.exe to collect the start up of the tool and share here to help you out.
How can I do this ? ( sorry I am not IT engineer, I am a simple user)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Before anything else, install google earth from http://www.google.com/earth/download/ge/agree.html and check if yo usee the same behavior, let us know the results on google earth, not on the DJI GS software.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Oct 2012
40 Posts
I uninstall everything from the pc i reboot and I install Google earth from http://www.google.com/earth/download/ge/agree.html

Google earth can not load
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Oct 2012
40 Posts
this is what i see
Old Oct 29, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Well... unless you translate what is in that popup, we won't be able to help much
DJI GS relies on Google earth to work, I think you should solved that up first. I'm sure you will be able to find similar issues on Google.com, if not, translate the message so we can try to help...
By the way, DJI was helping to define where was the issue, they gived you the best approach.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:04 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,812 Posts
May I interject here. Remove everything, GS, Google Earth and start from the beginning with the CD. I have a couple of instances were I had to try a complete reload several times before it would work correctly for me. But only from the CD and in the correct order. This was the advice that I got from DJI and it does work, sometimes it just takes more than one attempt. Hope this helps you, it seems nothing else has.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
The problem lies with google earth, I have tried everything I can think of? and even had one of the tech guys at PC World spend an hour and a half on it, and still it doesn`t work and so GS wont work either, think I need to get on to Google?
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Tahoe Ed, this won't lead you to a root cause and you won't guarantee that it will work all the time.
Aviator1, you have the same issue has STASID?
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
I asked a few colleagues around the globe to translate and... this is Greek :P.
It says that Google Earth was not able to contact the activation server ,and that the application will continue by using local only data.

Using local data only explain the cloudy image you mention... it use what is in the cache.
Can you check if you have an anti-virus or firewall? maybe adding this tool/plugin to an exception list would help if you believe your internet connection is fine. Connection could be overviewed in http://www.speedtest.net/ for example.
For Windows XP firewall, you can turn it off for testing or follow http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357/en-us
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Oct 2012
40 Posts
Hi all,
in my laptop I had installed google earth before I install GS and it was working great. The same thing with two other laptops that running Windows XP .
From the moment I install GS google earth never running properly again. I remove everything from control panel add/remove programs (GS4.0.6, googlearth plugin, google earth, even .net framework) many times and I install them again from the beginning with the right order, with different order, only the google earth , but Google earth never worked properly again.The same thing with the two other laptops that running Windows XP . That's why I conclude there is something wrong with CS.For the moment is installed to a PC (with windows XP) google earth is not working.
As for Windows XP firewall, I have it closed, but I can not go to this procedure "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357/en-us" it is to much for me.
I prefer to buy a new laptop with Windows 7 .
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
buying a new PC because of that is not the way let's go step by step.

go to C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\GoogleEarth

Right-click both the dbCache.dat and dbCache.dat.index files, choose Delete, and select Yes to move the files to the Recycle Bin.

Let us know if that worked for you, otherwise we will check the next step.