to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:03 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokmon View Post
A message to all owners of Wookong-M:

I hawe two identical crashes. Hexacopter flies without problems. On 50 meters of height, it howers for about 6-7 minutes, and then I the hexa starts flying towards the ground. After about 5 seconds one of the motors shuts down. The hexa becomes unresponsive. Even the "Course lock" option dosen't help. A hard landing is imminent…
We pick up the hexa and turn off/on the power. All of the engines work… Then i take off and the hexa works and hower like nothing happened.

With older firmware I don´t have any problems!!
I don't have the guts to fly with a hexa like this…

My setup:

Hexacopter X6
WookongM / firmware 5.14
Motor 6x Turnigy PropDrive 35-36/910 Kv
ESC 6x DJI 30A Opto
Prop APC 12x3,8
Battery 2 pack, 4S 5000 mAh
Video TX 5.8 Ghz, 600 mV
Camera Canon 550D
Total weight aprox 4.500 g
A few people have reinstalled older firmware for now, have you tried that?
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:17 PM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Feb 2011
73 Posts
I tried older firmware when I repair my hexacopter. In second crash my hexa broke 3 carbon arms, 4 propellers, ...
pokmon is online now Find More Posts by pokmon
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:32 PM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Flying UK View Post
P.S. I wish Youtube has a slo-mo option so we could get a better look at that smoke at .58.
I don't think that is smoke. I would say that is an effect from the led lights. A kind of flare being picked up by the camera on the phone.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:56 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
Who do you afraid more? Authorities or retarted guys who think they know to fly?
Well, what it is, the more the video gets linked to, the more hits it gets, which in turn gives it more publicity, which means more and more people will see it, which in turn could affect your hobby/business, as the more accidents are shown, the more "put off the idea" people will be, and possibly start the ball rolling to get more things restricted, restrictions to flying type hobbies are bad enough already.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Oct 28, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Flying UK View Post
A few people have reinstalled older firmware for now, have you tried that?
But , you shouldnt have to, the new firmware should be working properly? shouldnt it? i mean, whats the point in rolling out updated firmware for people to upgrade to, that never works as it should?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:50 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
I am wookong M owner and I bought dji data link 900Mhz.I have problems with software setup (version 4.0.6.)

First problem , when I open the Ground Station sometimes never open and i take the message: "Error! there are two possibilities: (1)the network is not good, try offline mode.(2)googlearth plugin version is not match, please reinstall from the CD", and sometimes opens but the map in google earth is cloudy (no refresh the image).
I am connected to the internet with good connection.

Second problem, when its open (with the cloudy image) the function "click and go" does not work. I can see the aircraft in the screen with the GPS status and everything (but allways with cloudy image) I can auto take off and control the aircraft from the keybord but the "click and go" is not work. I mean when I press space bar and click to the map the window with the "click and go" form not appears (of course the click and go function is checked in the pull down menu).

And I do not have problem with the link between the laptop and the wookong (handshake).
I install and uninstall the software (googlearth plugin, ground station , usb driver) about 10 times , I am desperate.
(.net framework 3.5 is properly installed.)

Is anybody have the same problems?
any help accepted.
thank you in advance
STASID is offline Find More Posts by STASID
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:54 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
x86 or x64?
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:07 AM
kreu01
Joined Oct 2008
547 Posts
Any one receive the message " working off line "in google earth, but you are connected to the internet ?

I have two machines", one laptop and one desktop is the same problem.
kreu01 is offline Find More Posts by kreu01
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:12 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcCam View Post
I agree with you but in this video it's something different. It's not fun flying it's for film industry and so in my opinion ok. There are a lot of stunts not working as they should and there ever is a risk of mail funktion. I stopped now any filming on none secure areas and back on test flying till I know copter is save enough to start again.
I dont disagree totally there, especially with your attitude towards making sure everything is ok, but, what i do disagree with, is the fact how you can somehow Excuse the accident due to it being for business, Nothing excuses stupidity.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:28 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
hey peeps.
thought i would venture into the wookong thread.

what do i need if i want to record gps locations at the same time as vid footage..

i have a camera and gimbal on my quad with naza and gps.
i would like the abiility to fly a route (probably with waypoints) and record video, while also recording the helis current GPS co-ords so i can go back over the footage, and see and landmark, and its gps position.

so for this, i assume, i would need the standard wookong, plus datalink, and waypoint upgrade if i want either 1 waypoint, or 40 waypoints.
so do i also need the IOSD as well?
cheers for any help
anybody?
AliB is offline Find More Posts by AliB
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
x86 or x64?
what do u mean?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreu01 View Post
Any one receive the message " working off line "in google earth, but you are connected to the internet ?

I have two machines", one laptop and one desktop is the same problem.
I am taking this message: "Error! there are two possibilities: (1)the network is not good, try offline mode.(2)googlearth plugin version is not match, please reinstall from the CD"
What OS are you using to your PC? Windows xp or windows7 64b?
Last edited by STASID; Oct 29, 2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:29 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Are you running this on Windows 32 bit or 64 bit?
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:31 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Windows XP 32 bit