HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
Réunion, Saint-Denis
Joined Sep 2011
3 Posts
Hello,
i've experienced one crash with my wookong, in ATI chrash in 40sec in air...
i've reproduce this crash but not in the air in full manual
an esc bip (error) (it's simonk esc)
it's always after long period (2 week) with no flight and at the first lipo... and without the GPS lock
i need to check my Version
ZarbeL is offline Find More Posts by ZarbeL
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:42 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,958 Posts
really Zarbel? how do you know this? can you explain how your detected it to be the simonk error?

I have never ever had an issue with simonk ESC's so I am very curious...

per chance can you tell me what esc you put the firmware on and how many cells your battery is?

Thanks!

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
Romania
Joined Mar 2010
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Does anyone have and tried the new Sony HDR-PJ760 handy cam on their WKM's? I just picked one up and had a quick test flight on my MK Hexa(WKM back in the box until things are worked out) and I'm impressed. The camera stabilization works perfectly. It's not cheap but cheaper then a Zemuse. Here is my short test vid.
my Microkopter Naza , slr1 and CX730 .

naza test 2 (2 min 34 sec)
worms is offline Find More Posts by worms
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by worms View Post
my Microkopter Naza , slr1 and CX730 .
Very nice!. I'm loving this camera. Your setup is very clean, nice job.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
hi all ,
I am wookong M owner and I bought dji data link 900Mhz.I have problems with software setup (version 4.0.6.)
First problem , when i open the Ground Station sometimes never open and i take the message: "Error! there are two possbilities: (1)the network is not good, try ofline mode.(2)googlearth pluginversion is not match, please reinstall from the CD",and sometimes opens but the map in google earth is cloudy (no refresh the image).
Second problem, when its open (with the cloudy image) the function "click and go" does not work.
I install and unistall the software (googlearth plugin, ground station , usb driver) about 10 times , I am despert.
(.net framework 3.5 is properly intalled.)
Is anybody have the same problems?
any help accepted.
Thank you.
STASID is offline Find More Posts by STASID
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:37 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,135 Posts
You need to be connected to the internet when you open the GS. You can then save the location you want to fly at if you have no internet access there. I take my WIFI hotspot with me when I want to use the GS. So I never save a location, I take it with me. Make sure that the Data Link is over 5m from the receiver. If not it will fail the handshake.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
hi Tahoe ED , thank you for the response.
I am connected to the internet with good conection, thats the weird.
And I do not have problem with the link between the laptop and the wookong .
I can see the aircraft in the screen with the GPS status and everything (but allways with cloudy image) I can auto take off and control the aircraft from the keybord but the "click and go " is not work. I mean when I press space bar and click to the map the window with the "click and go" form not appears (of course the click and go function is checked in the pull down menu).
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:24 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,135 Posts
That is odd. I have never experienced that. Have you contacted your dealer about this. If not, I would. It appears that you have some functions, but not all.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Yes I did yesterday, he ascertain the promblems and he send mail to dji.We wait for their response.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:07 AM
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STASID View Post
hi Tahoe ED , thank you for the response.
I am connected to the internet with good connection, that's the weird.
And I do not have problem with the link between the laptop and the wookong .
I can see the aircraft in the screen with the GPS status and everything (but allways with cloudy image) I can auto take off and control the aircraft from the keyboard but the "click and go " is not work. I mean when I press space bar and click to the map the window with the "click and go" form not appears (of course the click and go function is checked in the pull down menu).
And I install the software to 3 laptops and in 3 different internet connection with the same results.
Last edited by STASID; Oct 27, 2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
I'm not ok with you Knilch.
When you fly in atti, when you release the pitch stick, uav takes 1-2 meter to stop. It's normal in atti, uav fly straith until it's perfecty at hover level.
In GPS, when you release the stick, wk understand to stop excactly there (where you release the stick). And it stops rapidly to level & over.
Not mine. Come here if you don't believe me. In Atti without GPS antenna I need to get it level again myself, with the GPS antenna it levels itself pretty quickly.

Probably it isn't supposed to do that and I was pretty surprised when I tested it but nevertheless it is how my thingie flies.

In GPS mode my copter stays in one spot perfectly and flies well, I don't understand at the moment why it flies so strangely without the GPS antenna but I will try to find out.
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:05 PM
UK, Cornwall, Truro
Joined Feb 2009
381 Posts
Fried PMU

Hi everyone,
I recently managed to acquire a Wookong M from a friend. I have been setting it up and building a Y6, and whilst doing so I put a wire on the receiver wrong. This seems to have caused a problem as the PMU started smoking!!!!

I now get a PMU error on the assistant and a constant flashing red light.

I can still fly it (I've just done some test hovers) but I guess I need a new PMU.

I have found that the new one has a 6v out on the PW and mine has a 12V so not sure if that will work or what - I'll have to find out so I know which one to get.

I'll get hold of DJI but wondered if anyone else had fried their PMU so easily?

Maybe it's just me who is dumb enough to do that.

I'll put up some pictures etc to show you all later. At the moment I'm still smarting from the stupid mistake!
Ricky401 is offline Find More Posts by Ricky401
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
really Zarbel? how do you know this? can you explain how your detected it to be the simonk error?

I have never ever had an issue with simonk ESC's so I am very curious...

per chance can you tell me what esc you put the firmware on and how many cells your battery is?

Thanks!

Steve
I still fly the stock 30A Opto Esc are the SimonK flashed Esc much better as the stock ones? What is the most improvement of it. More strong Wind stable? Bought some that are flash able.
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,958 Posts
you will notice an immediate difference in flight performance... especially if you don't have the motors really loaded up... wind, decent, etc all improved....

hope you like it...

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
Ok think I need all the flashing stuff right now and will test it.

Thanks
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam