SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:38 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
You have set a switch on your tx to be the "DJI failsafe" (a return to home switch), and then turn on that switch, and then record that as fail safe on your Receiver.

The frsky has a customizable failsafe, so if you turn off the Tx the DJI does not see "no TX signal", instead it sees the failsafe positions from the receiver. The DJI thinks the Tx is still on, and it thinks that the Rx failsafe signals are actually signals from the Tx.

So you have to set your Rx failsafe to the TX positions that your sticks/switches would be in to activate the DJI failsafe if the TX was on.

Clear as mud? ask more questions if you want, I think I confused myself
Thanks for the tip, made sense to me. I am having the same issue, I will have to try that.
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined Dec 2006
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Creative View Post
That's awesome! Where would I plug in my Zenmuse though... hmmm.
Can't help you there, I don't fly with a Zenmuse. Waiting for you guys to help them work out their bugs before I put that rig in the air
Pack AE is offline Find More Posts by Pack AE
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:53 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
Sorry Tom, yes i have skipped. But i'ts not it the good topic.

Of course i know the problems are not for every body. I had myself 50 clean flights.
It may be more intresting if you talked about your FW version.

To DJI US ressellers : do you know the time for delivering and upgrading bad antenna to dji, and return ?

Thanks
They got mine yesterday, let's see how long it takes to get back to me, I'll keep you posted.
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:52 AM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
292 Posts
Tx/Rx number of channels

Hi!

According to the Wookong-M multirotor users manual we need a 7 channels minimum Tx/Rx:
- 4 for normal functions.
- 1 for a 3 position switch.
- 1 for a 2 position switch.
- 1 for gimbal control.

My question is: if I have a 8 channel PPM Tx/Rx, how we can use the extra channel to control the shutter camera?

Thanks,
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,335 Posts
Here's my first flight with the new Sony action cam.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

First Flight- Sony Action Cam on DJI Hexa (9 min 50 sec)
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:03 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knilch View Post
Now what's going on with the recent GPS issue? You guys still flying with the current GPS antenna or did you all disconnect it and shipped it to DJI? Is it or is it not safe to fly with something else than an S800 with the completely white GPS antenna?
The WK New Antenna problem is the same for those on S800 and the others.
Does DJI think european and american people is so stupid to beleive the problem only on S800 ?
LOL
You can fly with ,a disconnected antenna. You will just have permanently 3reds flash, but it fly great.
Dont try an RTH, thats all...
Folks ?
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:06 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Silva View Post
My question is: if I have a 8 channel PPM Tx/Rx, how we can use the extra channel to control the shutter camera?
This is something I wish DJI would fix. If we would reprogram the default channels on the WKM/Naza to the higher channels in the SBUS/PPM then we could use the lower numbered traditional channels. As of right now it isn't possible from what I could find.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:40 AM
Panama, San Miguelito
Joined Apr 2011
150 Posts
Perfect!

Got it working.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furyphoto View Post
You have set a switch on your tx to be the "DJI failsafe" (a return to home switch), and then turn on that switch, and then record that as fail safe on your Receiver.

The frsky has a customizable failsafe, so if you turn off the Tx the DJI does not see "no TX signal", instead it sees the failsafe positions from the receiver. The DJI thinks the Tx is still on, and it thinks that the Rx failsafe signals are actually signals from the Tx.

So you have to set your Rx failsafe to the TX positions that your sticks/switches would be in to activate the DJI failsafe if the TX was on.

Clear as mud? ask more questions if you want, I think I confused myself
albertog is offline Find More Posts by albertog
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:50 AM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
292 Posts
Tx/Rx number of channels

MCrites,

Thanks for the information. I know a little of AVR asm, I am going to try if I am able to split the last pulse from the PPM stream, and use it for the camera shutter.

Thanks again for the information.
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
The WK New Antenna problem is the same for those on S800 and the others.
Does DJI think european and american people is so stupid to beleive the problem only on S800 ?
LOL
You can fly with ,a disconnected antenna. You will just have permanently 3reds flash, but it fly great.
Dont try an RTH, thats all...
Folks ?
Yes, I did fly with disconnected GPS for some time earlier this year and know that it works but I somehow am led to believe that when the LED flashes 3 times red to show for the missing GPS it is not putting out the white LED code for a problem with the atti status.

Then back it goes, my brand new replacement GPS antenna… .
Knilch is online now Find More Posts by Knilch
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
No, 3 red flash did not hide white. I had some. It does : red red red white redredred white ....
or redredred whitewhite ...

They said when they will update our antenna, they will put some new code for new functions...
hope we'll not again be some beta innovators....
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Sure about that? Normal is 3red, then 1 or 2 yellow or purple to who which mode it's in (only makes sense with atti obviously). Would it show 3 red, then white and then the yellow for the mode? Are you certain about that?
Knilch is online now Find More Posts by Knilch
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
yes i am,
if there is white, white replace the normal atti yellow.

And more : white id FROM Imu, no relation with gps/compas miss

This configuration make you led never sleep.... redredredyelloyelloredredredyelloyelloredredredyel loyelloredredredyelloyelloredredredyelloyelloredre dredyelloyelloredredredyelloyelloredredredyelloyel loredredredyelloyelloredredredyelloyello

But it works withOUT flips, drifts.... ☹ (and perhaps HEADS CUT if DJI does not do something quickly, and, in a SURE version).
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:16 PM
Panama, San Miguelito
Joined Apr 2011
150 Posts
Rusty Frame Hexa

Hi.

I just powered today to test the new firmware on my rusty
frame hexa, avrotos 2814-11,plush 60a esc,6000mah lipo,
apc 12x3.8 and it can hardly fly. It wobbles
just 1 feet or 2 to the point where it is unflyable.

I have flow this with previous firmware and no problems.

What could be some startup value gains???
albertog is offline Find More Posts by albertog
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Dec 2006
87 Posts
Quote:
And more : white id FROM Imu, no relation with gps/compas miss
I suspect their attitude filter uses the GPS/compass data, when present, in the attitude solution. So yes, hooking up the GPS can affect the IMU. In my case, I have only ever seen white flashes with the GPS hooked up. If you're seeing white flashes without the GPS hooked up, I would tend to think that's a good indicator that you are in fact seeing too much vibration in the IMU.

It's possible they don't use the GPS data in their attitude filter, but I would find that a bit hard to believe. That's pretty standard for airborne kalman filters as I understand things.
Pack AE is offline Find More Posts by Pack AE