HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:33 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,071 Posts
does the latest firmware correct the darn twitching in the gimbal outputs???

I had major issues on a shoot the other day....

can anyone confirm this is better in the new firmware? Ideally someone who had the issue before and it's gone now becuase I think the guys with original hardware like me are the ones with the twitching gimbal.

Thanks!

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
does the latest firmware correct the darn twitching in the gimbal outputs???

I had major issues on a shoot the other day....

can anyone confirm this is better in the new firmware? Ideally someone who had the issue before and it's gone now becuase I think the guys with original hardware like me are the ones with the twitching gimbal.

Thanks!

Steve
unless it is zemuse I don't think anyone that is really doing this pro wise uses the WKM gimbal controller. Skyline, Picloc, Hoverfly are the one I hear mostly about. I use skyline , better than WKM but not perfect yet...
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:13 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
859 Posts
DJI IOSD Problem

Has anyone had a problem getting their video feed to flow through the new DJI IOSD module. I am positive that I have it wired up correctly to my NTSC FPV camera, but I only get the flight data being displayed on a black background.
Is this a defective unit or is there some setting switch that I am unaware of?

Also, does anyone know if you can change the data from metric to imperial measurements?

I have sent an email to DJI about this problem and am awaiting a response.

Thanks,
Tom
tkeeg is online now Find More Posts by tkeeg
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:38 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
If you are connecting to the GCU check the cable were it enters the iOSD. Mine was wired incorrectly. You will want to make sure that you are on the correct video channel You can rotate through them with the tx switch.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:03 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Ed, I saw you correctly wired your gopro

Tkeeg : i have the same problem with a pixim cam... black screen behing osd.
The same wiring is ok for a gopro....
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeeg View Post
Has anyone had a problem getting their video feed to flow through the new DJI IOSD module. I am positive that I have it wired up correctly to my NTSC FPV camera, but I only get the flight data being displayed on a black background.
Is this a defective unit or is there some setting switch that I am unaware of?

Also, does anyone know if you can change the data from metric to imperial measurements?

I have sent an email to DJI about this problem and am awaiting a response.

Thanks,
Tom
Did you take off the lens cap? I've done that before and was scratching my head why black background.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:38 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
859 Posts
DJI OSD Determination

@ Tahoe Ed, Panza & Buffythesaint......thanks for your comments & suggestions.

Well it is apparent that DJI's new OSD does not work with certain cameras. The FPV camera I was routing though the OSD is this one, http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=582 , and in spite of proper wiring there is NO video signal being passed through. When I used the same wiring to hook up a Panasonic SX200 and a Sony TX100V, there was no problem. The video signal came through just fine.

My problem is that I need to use this FPV camera that I already have mounted & wired into the quad's system.

I'm just a bit annoyed that DJI never stated that their OSD does not work with certain cameras. It sucks to find this out AFTER spending $200.00 to buy it.

Does anybody know if DJI is going to fix this issue in a firmware update? I'm still waiting on a response from them.

Tom
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,604 Posts
Quote:
@ Tahoe Ed, Panza & Buffythesaint......thanks for your comments & suggestions.

Well it is apparent that DJI's new OSD does not work with certain cameras. The FPV camera I was routing though the OSD is this one, http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=582 , and in spite of proper wiring there is NO video signal being passed through. When I used the same wiring to hook up a Panasonic SX200 and a Sony TX100V, there was no problem. The video signal came through just fine.

My problem is that I need to use this FPV camera that I already have mounted & wired into the quad's system.

I'm just a bit annoyed that DJI never stated that their OSD does not work with certain cameras. It sucks to find this out AFTER spending $200.00 to buy it.

Does anybody know if DJI is going to fix this issue in a firmware update? I'm still waiting on a response from them.

Tom
Tom, you need to confirm the first camera is actually working. Can you hook directly to the vtx, bypassing the OSD?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:07 PM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Tom, you need to confirm the first camera is actually working. Can you hook directly to the vtx, bypassing the OSD?
Yes, I've been using this FPV camera since last January. The camera works perfectly & sends out a nice picture when hooked directly to my video transmitter. As soon as I put the DJI OSD in the mix, no more video coming through, but video from the two other camera's, (that I mentioned in my earlier post), do come through when hooked into the same wiring as my FPV camera. Go figure?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:12 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I've been using this FPV camera since last January. The camera works perfectly & sends out a nice picture when hooked directly to my video transmitter. As soon as I put the DJI OSD in the mix, no more video coming through, but video from the two other camera's, (that I mentioned in my earlier post), do come through when hooked into the same wiring as my FPV camera. Go figure?
That sucks. Is a spreadsheet in order for cameras that work and don't. They should be paying you to beta test.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
Power Hungry Systems Distributions Board flight test (2 min 16 sec)
Uavrotorking.com is offline Find More Posts by Uavrotorking.com
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,920 Posts
Ok guys now you really have me interested in how this all works. There has been one reported problem with loosing video when the motors power up and now this. I have a TBS69 camera, similar to the pixim, and a Sony HiRes camera for the cameras and on the vTx side a Mondo Stinger 5.8mHz 500mw and an Immersion 5.8gHz 600mw. I also have the DJI 5.8gHz 500mw video down link. I am going to try and set up these in combo and see what works and what doesn't. It may take me a while as I am in the middle of completing a national certification for my work. i would suggest we move the conversation over to the iOSD/Video Down Link thread and keep it out of the WKM thread. Here is the link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738864

I will let you know what I find.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:14 PM
FPV addict
Joined Mar 2011
1,208 Posts
Got an issue i hope is easy to resolve. I want to use the PPM input of the FC to cut down on the number of wires running in my bird. IT recognizes it no problem however my sticks are backwards. My thrttle and rudder are now on the right stick and my aleron and elevator are on my left stick. Im using a a JR12X and a Thomas Scherrer Long Range receiver UHF system. anyone know how i can fix this?
Sniperp is offline Find More Posts by Sniperp
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:42 AM
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
That sucks. Is a spreadsheet in order for cameras that work and don't. They should be paying you to beta test.
I got a reply this back tonight from DJI:

Hi, Tom,
We will fix this problem. Pls wait a few more days.
Which dealer did you buy from?

I am happy for the quick response to my email & hope that they follow through on a quick fix.
I'll post info about it if and when they contact me with a firmware solution.

@ Tahoe Ed......I'll put any additional information that I receive concerning this on the link that you provided to the other thread.

Tom
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperp View Post
Got an issue i hope is easy to resolve. I want to use the PPM input of the FC to cut down on the number of wires running in my bird. IT recognizes it no problem however my sticks are backwards. My thrttle and rudder are now on the right stick and my aleron and elevator are on my left stick. Im using a a JR12X and a Thomas Scherrer Long Range receiver UHF system. anyone know how i can fix this?
Had the same problem. As the software assistant is not able to remap the input channels you would have to change the channels in the settings menu of your TX or RX (if existing). I was lucky to use JETI and therefore I was able to change the channel mapping in the configuration menu of my receiver.
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch