HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
284 Posts
Found this on another old thread that may explain the white lights. Wish they would put this kind of info in there manual.

Quote:
Just got it from Chinese forum and translate roughly

Regarding White LED flash

White LED is the signal of IMU status, which has nothing to do with firmware version. So using new firmware won’t cause more/less appearance of white LED.

Logic meaning of white LED flash:
1. Error value between GPS data and IMU computing, which happens when: A, GPS signal unstable. Sometimes get adequate satellites with low reliability, which differs too much from the IMU computing. B. Fierce movement during flight makes the sensor in IMU out of working range, the computing result of IMU is different to GPS data. C. Vibration causes noise to IMU.
2. Error value between Compass data and IMU computing, which happens when: A. Compass not calibrated correctly. B. External interference to compass after successful calibration. B. Fierce movement during flight makes the sensor in IMU out of working range, the computing result of IMU is different to GPS data. C. Vibration causes noise to IMU.
3. Error value between barometer and IMU computing, which happens on crafts with high vibration.

Solution:
1. Intermittent white LED is no problem, especially when doing fierce movements. Hold the position for a while and the white flash would be off.
2. When searching GPS (3 red flash to 1 or none), it is normal to have white LED flash, even the craft is on the ground. If everything ok, the flash should stop soon.
3. In some cases, even though GPS is adequate (no red flash or just 1 red flash),but it’s not reliable, and the LED might flash in white. If the craft is still on the ground, pls fly carefully as it may not hold position in GPS mode, drifting/hunting, showing severe attitude correction of the craft. Pls do not fly in GPS mode in this case. What’s more, the GPS signal strength varies from time to time even on the same spot.
4. If white flashes happens when you yaw, even very slowly, pls recalibrate the Compass. Pls be noted that it is not necessary to calibrate at every new flying area unless components is added/removed, or mounting location changed no matter they are electric or mechanical. Since multirotor is a highly integrated system with different components, pls make sure the GPS/Compass is far from noises, interference, electronics or wires with high ampere.
5. Vibration will cause white LED flashing, too. The high frequency vibration might be result from unbalanced motor or props. So pls check all mechanical connection, and balance on motors and props.

The above is the reason and solution on white LED flash. Intermittent flash is normal, which won’t matter during flight. For continuous and frequent flash, pls check your craft according to the above and fly carefully.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:35 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post

If you are overpropped and underpowered your gonna have wobbles.

Thats not the FC's fault LOL.
Yes, I have to plead guilty to that.

I tried out 13 x 6.5 CF props on my octo with iBM 2814Q motors and Simon K flased ESCs. It flew OK but had some airframe shaking which I was trying to tune out of it. Turning the gains down helped and so I went up to 100ft or so to try the position hold in the wind up there - well a prop came off (my fault too - no nyloc nuts installed) and what should have been a routine 7 motor arrival turned into 2 minutes of white knuckle struggles with a very unstable aircraft. All ended OK with no more than a roughish landing and no significant damage and I've learned the lesson cheaply - overpropping might increase aerodynamic efficiency but it's not clever. Back to the 11x 4.5s and it's handling like a lamb again.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
When will dji crafts be able to pull off stunts like these?

http://youtu.be/xw-a7dY9hIQ
Whenever someone bothers to try it with same motor/ESC/prop setup and sedate hovering I guess, if they haven't already?
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:19 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
This may have missed me.
so dji had wiki all a long
http://wiki2.dji-innovations.com/en/index.php/Main_Page
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:46 PM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,122 Posts
over propping only causes issues with FC like DJI and Zero... you would never see these issues with MK as it flies just that much better.... Hopefully one day DJI catches up with MK's flight charateristics.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:47 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
284 Posts
Quote:
This may have missed me.
so dji had wiki all a long
http://wiki2.dji-innovations.com/en/index.php/Main_Page
Cool, but there is no info on it. Maybe it is something new they are working on.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:34 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
over propping only causes issues with FC like DJI and Zero... you would never see these issues with MK as it flies just that much better.... Hopefully one day DJI catches up with MK's flight charateristics.

Steve
I think the problem with dji and zerouav is they do not have propper esc like MK do have.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:55 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebbb View Post
This is something i have not done, ie, removing the red wires, so i need ask, what is the reason that you need to do this, and do you have to ?
you should remove RED
because bec is not needed, esc "+" are on your master power lipo

Hey the others, about the 5.14 (forced yo upgrade because i bought the Dji OSD

I flew 20 flights on work. 4 times i missed to crash because of WHITE flashs and uncontrolled drifts (if happen you can save on 'manuel' and good piloting...).
I will send you videos laters.
Never had problems on 5.08 on my hexa cinestar

It's a SHAME for DJI to constrain professionals customer upgrading 5.14 for working OSD.

5.14 is a bugged FW <- DJI Look the reality, we are too much with uncontrolled crashs.

So GO WORKING ON please !
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toeickris View Post
hello,

I upgraded to 5.14 and 1.32...

and just like some said...it spins automatically...I was panicked

and try to throttle...it flipped...oh my god! wkm never flipped...
CKRIS exactly describe the big problem.

(Chris, you can get older fw with installong older sofware versions of the assistant.
then, ignore fw versions first splash screen, and go in menus to do a fw upgrade.)
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:10 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,754 Posts
Panza, in the S800 thread they have been commenting that since the release of 5.14 there have not been any reports of the FOD on this firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
you should remove RED
because bec is not needed, esc "+" are on your master power lipo

Hey the others, about the 5.14 (forced yo upgrade because i bought the Dji OSD

I flew 20 flights on work. 4 times i missed to crash because of WHITE flashs and uncontrolled drifts (if happen you can save on 'manuel' and good piloting...).
I will send you videos laters.
Never had problems on 5.08 on my hexa cinestar

It's a SHAME for DJI to constrain professionals customer upgrading 5.14 for working OSD.

5.14 is a bugged FW <- DJI Look the reality, we are too much with uncontrolled crashs.

So GO WORKING ON please !
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:18 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
When will dji crafts be able to pull off stunts like these?

http://youtu.be/xw-a7dY9hIQ
To achieve this it's only simple maths..

All you need is to find an efficient prop, motor, battery and esc combo, frame would also help a little.

For example for an hour and a half's flight... You could look for about 5amps per motor current draw in the hover on a quad with 4x8000s in Parallel. Which is not that hard to achieve even carrying all that weight.. Or approx 7amps per motor on 5x8000's

For comparison my S-800 carrying 2 x 5000 only draws 4 amps per motor (obviously its a hex) in the hover and this is straight out the box and not even been designed for endurance.
And my stock X650 quad only draw 3.25 amps per motor in the hover carrying 2 x 5000 (3s) and this can hover for 45mins.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:21 AM
Joined Nov 2011
62 Posts
jbdww remember (post #15556) well the explanations given by DJI.
Personally I made a couple of flight 5.14 without any problem at the moment. Although there were a few white flash but nothing problematic for the flight.

In my opinion the majority of your problems apparaisent in GPS mode and I'm sure if you look at the solar weather (space) the dates you experienced your problem, there is a strong chance that this is critical.

Example for last day : (8 oct was critical)
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/wp-...-12_35-utc.gif
Florentf31 is offline Find More Posts by Florentf31
Last edited by Florentf31; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Panza, in the S800 thread they have been commenting that since the release of 5.14 there have not been any reports of the FOD on this firmware.
ED, is WK-M is only for S800 ?

In S800 thread no problems, ok...
in THIS thread, many problems reported by many others.

In 3 days, i have also made a lot of flights without any problem : 16 flights

But 4 with the same problems of the other people.
And no gps error, i flew in atti.

So will DJI and DJI ressellers still ignore this problems and will continue on bugged fw ?
If this, i will personaly, and encourage the others to switch on other products (of course).
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:41 AM
Joined Nov 2011
62 Posts
Ok if you flew in atti mode it couldn't be due to the magnetic perturbations.....theorically.
Perhaps to over vibrations resonance ???
Florentf31 is offline Find More Posts by Florentf31
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:25 AM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
No, last day i have downgrade to 5.08 (and i fuc..ed my new osd)
and no white, no control loss.