SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:25 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
The wobble was my fault, the props were too big, but the flip is some all together different, this thing is about 1100mm MtoM because I had to clear 14" props. She flipped on herself and dropped straight down, no sideward movement at all. That means it had to increase throttle on one side while decreasing it on the other.
She was flying 100% better with the 12" props, I could have tunned it get even better. So I was wrong about WKM not flying large copters well. But what am I dealing with here?
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
One thing to look out for, sometimes when you power up the wkm it glitches and in the tx screen you see the sticks are not centered. On power cycle everything turns to normal. If you try to fly you get drift to a certain direction.
The bug was reported a year ago by a few users. We are still waiting for a fix.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:59 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
One thing to look out for, sometimes when you power up the wkm it glitches and in the tx screen you see the sticks are not centered. On power cycle everything turns to normal. If you try to fly you get drift to a certain direction.
The bug was reported a year ago by a few users. We are still waiting for a fix.
Thanks for the input. I had no drift at all, it flys fine and then simple flips. I order for this to happen it would have to loose all accelerometer input and then have full aileron input. It would never flip this tight if it had Atti working when it gave the uncommanded aileron input.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
It is sad that the common theme when there is a problem with WKM is that DJI does not care. I may just have a bad FC, I just don't know.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knilch View Post

Just now after contacting DJI over my dealer I received a replacement GPS and MC as I did have the first versions and did a very quick test flight of only around 1 minute in the garden with it and it seems to behave even better than before but I will have to confirm that in further test flights.

what is dji doing on the GPS and old mc? Are they replacing for all the old units?
Although I don't have a problem with gps lock I wouldn't mind getting the newest gps and mc...
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:16 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
It is sad that the common theme when there is a problem with WKM is that DJI does not care. I may just have a bad FC, I just don't know.
I think they are checking into it but not an immediate response except what the DJI guy said a little earlier. My company does software also, sometimes the issue is not straight forward.

I also have an email thing going on with tech support at DJI and am awaiting his response. His suggestion to me was stay with what is working for me, 5,12a and they are doing more testing on 5.14. So I am also waiting the results.

let's give them a little time..
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:26 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
I think they are checking into it but not an immediate response except what the DJI guy said a little earlier. My company does software also, sometimes the issue is not straight forward.

I also have an email thing going on with tech support at DJI and am awaiting his response. His suggestion to me was stay with what is working for me, 5,12a and they are doing more testing on 5.14. So I am also waiting the results.

let's give them a little time..
Sound fair, I am going to do more test with a different MC that is working in another copter. It just get expensive.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:49 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
285 Posts
So what does the white light mean? Every now and then I get three white lights followed by the purple light. It did not do this on prev version, even 5.14 Beta. It seems to happen when I stop the hex after it has been flying straight for a few yards. When it shows up the pattern will do this for about three cycles, and then goes back to the normal purple light only. The machine seems to be flying fine. Should I ignore the white lights?

Also I wish DJI would keep there previous version up for download.
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:01 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
it is in the manual

http://download.dji-innovations.com/..._Manual_en.pdf

white means BAD!!!! don't fly
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:12 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,243 Posts
5.12 was poison to Octos, that's all I know. Change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Thanks for the help brother.
FW is 5.12 and the WKM is V2 I check it with a meter last night.
The batteries are new set of Gens Ace 5300 4s, they have plenty of juice left in them.The Basic gain is around 150 adjustable on a dial, the Atti is 150.
This was not a Motor or ESC issue, I heard her motors jump and she total flipped. I was 6 feet up and she landed upside down, I could not have done that if I tried with a bird this big especially in Atti mod.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:09 PM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
441 Posts
Flew a flat octo today, CS8, 6s, trad tx, on fw5.14.. no problems, smooth flight, i didn't test rth.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:28 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdww View Post
Also I wish DJI would keep there previous version up for download.
http://www.traderc.com/djiwkm/DJI%20WKM/
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:32 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
5.12 was poison to Octos, that's all I know. Change it.
I was flying with Y connectors on the esc's in + quad configuration the second time it flipped.
I hope that is the problem, I am going broke over here.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:06 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
When will dji crafts be able to pull off stunts like these?

Urs Meier: "I've seen it... Record flight of microdrone md4-1000. Incredible Endurance!" (2 min 17 sec)
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:53 PM
3D Heli and Planes
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Nov 2009
285 Posts
Quote:
white means BAD!!!! don't fly
Yes, but how do you fix it, and why does it now show up after the update to 5.14?
jbdww is offline Find More Posts by jbdww