HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:16 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
it sure would be nice if DJI chimed in once in a while.
Hi Guys,

Please allow us to introduce ourselves. We are DJI TECH based in Austin, Tx at DJI USA HQ.

We are the technical support department for SW 800, Zemuse, WKM, and all the new products DJI is coming out with. ( We do not handle FlameWheel or Naza )

We have a huge operation set up and are here to support our customers that choose our Pro line products.

We will do our best to monitor this forum and help with any support questions there are. At any time please pm/email us to get personal and direct answers to your questions, problems, issues off line.

My other colleagues will log in so you can have their info also.

I do not mind to tell you that my name is Eric and I have been shooting AP professionally for 3 years full time. ( helivideo.com) I have joined forces with DJI to provide the best customer service possible. We are a company that is growing so fast it is a little hard to keep up with, but things are being put in place to ensure total customer support.

We have registered as DJI Tech 1, 2, 3, and 4, so when you see this you can be sure you are talking to the source.

For a primary contact please email Scott@djitech.com

Thanks and take care,

DJI Tech 4
DJI TECH 4 is offline Find More Posts by DJI TECH 4
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:52 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Hi Eric. Tech 4
When will dji make module adon to get more out puts for switch controlling. One has to sacrifice features because of limited out put outs or inputs to connect radio tx.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:53 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
And led module
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Many new DJI products, upgrades, improvements, etc are coming.

Hang on, it is about to get crazy.

We cannot answer specific times that specific features are coming out, just to say we are working on it!

Take care,
DJI Tech 4
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI TECH 4 View Post
Many new DJI products, upgrades, improvements, etc are coming.

Hang on, it is about to get crazy.

We cannot answer specific times that specific features are coming out, just to say we are working on it!

Take care,
DJI Tech 4
They keep adding feature and ignoring the bugs!
What is going on with the flat octo issue?
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:59 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,170 Posts
+1 I have been asking for this for a while. If you want to use POI and RTH, you can't even have two remote gains.

ALSO: What about a current sensor for iOSD. I was surprised that one of the most important data for checking endurance was not included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Hi Eric. Tech 4
When will dji make module adon to get more out puts for switch controlling. One has to sacrifice features because of limited out put outs or inputs to connect radio tx.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
I was wondering about using the data link as a failsafe device, so if there was a loss of communication on the transmitter you could immediately let the data link control it,
Would this be possible.
thanks
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
They keep adding feature and ignoring the bugs!
What is going on with the flat octo issue?
I do not know what a flat Octo is? It is also most unlikely for us to do an over the forum diagnosis of a crash or issue. It would only be speculating since there are so many factors that can cause something that is flying, to suddenly not be flying.

This is the case with every aircraft that leaves the ground.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:40 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
I do not know what a flat Octo is? It is also most unlikely for us to do an over the forum diagnosis of a crash or issue. It would only be speculating since there are so many factors that can cause something that is flying, to suddenly not be flying.

Flat Octo is basically the same format as a flat hex (DJI F550) but with 8 rotors. Similar to this.

The problem isn't limited to just one crash, MANY people have crashed flat octos on 5.14
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Oct 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
I was wondering about using the data link as a failsafe device, so if there was a loss of communication on the transmitter you could immediately let the data link control it,
Would this be possible.
thanks
I am not positive since we have not tried it. The built in WKM radio failsafe works great when properly set up.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:55 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:

You don't know what a flat octo is?
I see more of the same from DJI. There is a problem and DJI is acting like they don't know what we are talking about.
Add all the features you want, if copters keep falling from the sky because of software issues I just can't use DJI anymore.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:56 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
What about the wobble with large copters, what is being done about that issue?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,065 Posts
Quote:
I do not know what a flat Octo is?
This comment alone scares me if DJI is taking on new techs that aren't able to answer the simplest questions.
Sid3ways is online now Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
This comment alone scares me if DJI is taking on new techs that aren't able to answer the simplest questions.
They are not new techs, they are a new distributor trying out a new sales pitch and it is weak.
I bet they don't even know about the large copter wobble issue. We will get the same old same old from them, trust me.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:57 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Eric is a long time AP guy that I have respected since I started on this journey. When I found him and his videos he focused on traditional helis but is now strictly multirotor. I don't for a second doubt his knowledge but wouldn't be surprised if he gets caught up on some RCG lingo at first. Give him some time to get up and running and if anything be thankful he is a direct connection between us and DJI.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites