SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:46 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estiavilla View Post
I tried using expo on the rudder stick, it does feel better....but we are avoiding the problem and not solving it, cos sometime it mid air, i needed more rudder command, and it wobbles again due to my near max end limit on my rudder stick.

I also did lower the Yaw gains till the point it felt sluggish, but it takes the joy out of the turn, so in aerial video taking, i got to fly and turn very slowly, there is no way i can take scene like car chasing or tight turns.

There are too many near miss and almost sacrificed my cinestar and 5d3.

I feel that i will be running out of luck soon, that's why i quickly swapped the WK-m out before something bad happened.
So what did you put into its place and does it do a better job in keeping you happy flight wise.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:40 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,626 Posts
Quote:
I tried using expo on the rudder stick, it does feel better....but we are avoiding the problem and not solving it, cos sometime it mid air, i needed more rudder command, and it wobbles again due to my near max end limit on my rudder stick.

I also did lower the Yaw gains till the point it felt sluggish, but it takes the joy out of the turn, so in aerial video taking, i got to fly and turn very slowly, there is no way i can take scene like car chasing or tight turns.

I feel that i will be running out of luck soon, that's why i quickly swapped the WK-m out before something bad happened.
Can you show us your set up? Photos, gain settings, etc. We may be able to help you. I rotate my WKM in GPS ATTI at max yaw and it just sits there. I have done this on my F450, F550 and now my S800. They were all DJI, escs and motors. You may have a bad MC or IMU or GPS. It is impossible to tell unless we have more info. Also have you contacted DJI with your problems?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:27 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,009 Posts
Quote:

I had something strikingly similar happen with one of my quads recently. When I would rotate too quickly it would suddenly wobble. After much investigation I discovered that the #2 motor would vibrate wickedly at high rpm causing the wobble. I was able to replicate the wobble by applying full throttle for a quick burst while holding the quad on the ground, and I could see the prop/motor vibrate and oscillate. You might try checking that.
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:32 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
1,009 Posts
gps hold(wanderoff)

I just went to 5.14 from 5.12a and now the gps takes forever to get lock and will absolutely not hold position in gps hold. Before I changed fw versions it was holding quite well. Anyone have this? Cheers!
Edit:
Found a site that has previous versions and downgraded to 5.12a. Still wandered a little until I put on a cover lined with carbon fiber that seems to shield the gps from electrical noise. More trials tomorrow...
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Last edited by isaacintheclouds; Sep 29, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Yeah same props here !
ViperAT is offline Find More Posts by ViperAT
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:59 AM
What goes around comes around.
Joined May 2011
439 Posts
How many of you are using Maytech v1 esc's,? reading mixed results on other forums, any experiences, recommendations?
thanks in advance.
squigg is offline Find More Posts by squigg
Old Sep 29, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Wookong M Ground Control Station - Data-logging.

Update on this as said would post when heard back from DJI (Note this disccusion has been over at DJI Wookong-M Owners Thread):

Issue (Presented to DJI):
No data-logging on GCS/Wookong (Heading,GPS Bearing, Alt etc), so renders photogrammetry (Tools unlocked at 50 waypoint WKM) useless (for eg.) without using a 3rd party GPS Datalogger to acquire this data.

Response (DJI):
The GCS log is only recording limited data (not sufficient for photogrammetry), due to limitations of datalink (Note - I bought 900 Mhz but same for 2.4).
Firmware could be upgraded to make it log data required, but datalink connection would be too intermittent and data-log incomplete.
Best solution recording is record everything to SD on multi, the OSD module (DJI) released already has a SD internally, users will be able to access data-logs when a new firmware is released for OSD.

Top stuff DJI, thanks for the response. Looks like I'm buying the new DJI OSD, for the data-log features I need so badly but also looks to be a sweet video switcher/OSD
Kiwidrone is offline Find More Posts by Kiwidrone
Last edited by Kiwidrone; Sep 30, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:46 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
So what did you put into its place and does it do a better job in keeping you happy flight wise.
It's the previous MK Fc now back into place. Yaw issue solved, but i missed the fabulous height holding and gps lock of the wkm.
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:50 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Can you show us your set up? Photos, gain settings, etc. We may be able to help you. I rotate my WKM in GPS ATTI at max yaw and it just sits there. I have done this on my F450, F550 and now my S800. They were all DJI, escs and motors. You may have a bad MC or IMU or GPS. It is impossible to tell unless we have more info. Also have you contacted DJI with your problems?
Ok, let me go take a video of the wkm in the f450 frame, and post my settings later. I have also found out that my MC is the first batch production from a youtube link showing how to test the output pin resistance, my M1 resistance is same as F1&F2, but different from M2 to M6. So these means its the older batch.
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:48 AM
Brasil, PE, Gravatá
Joined Apr 2004
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwidrone View Post
Update on this as said would post when heard back from DJI (Note this disccusion has been over at DJI Wookong-M Owners Thread):

Issue (Presented to DJI):
No data-logging on GCS/Wookong (Heading,GPS Bearing, Alt etc), so renders photogrammetry (Tools unlocked at 50 waypoint WKM) useless (for eg.) without using a 3rd party GPS Datalogger to acquire this data.

Response (DJI):
The GCS log is only recording limited data (not sufficient for photogrammetry), due to limitations of datalink (Note - I bought 900 Mhz but same for 2.4).
Firmware could be upgraded to make it log data required, but datalink connection would be too intermittent and data-log incomplete.
Best solution recording is record everything to SD on multi, the OSD module (DJI) released already has a SD internally, users will be able to access data-logs when a new firmware is released for OSD.

Top stuff DJI, thanks for the response. Looks like I'm buying the new DJI OSD, for the data-log features I need so badly but also looks to be a sweet video switcher/OSD
This means that now the tool of photogrammetry WKM waypoint will work as it should?
Who bought the upgrade to use the waypoint tool photogrammetry and can not use lack of sdcard to write to the log (Heading, GPS Bearing, Alt etc) for $ 1300 will get some discount on OSD?
Photogrammetry of the WKM is incomplete for lack of logging, but DJI sold as a complete tool, DJI should now do justice and give a discount.

Edson
Harpia is online now Find More Posts by Harpia
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:16 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
I have a new octo with QC 3328 motors and DYS 30a ESC flashed with SimonK. When I arm the octo not all the motors start up and some of them don't start to spin until the copter is about to take off. Today one of the motors stop in midflight. What could be causing this?
Thanks.
Tarro is offline Find More Posts by Tarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:38 PM
Brasil, PE, Gravatá
Joined Apr 2004
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
I have a new octo with QC 3328 motors and DYS 30a ESC flashed with SimonK. When I arm the octo not all the motors start up and some of them don't start to spin until the copter is about to take off. Today one of the motors stop in midflight. What could be causing this?
Thanks.
It may have been overheating the ESC.
I also have a Octo with Avroto motors and Simonk firmware ESC and the motors do not start spin at the same time.
Harpia is online now Find More Posts by Harpia
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:25 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpia View Post
It may have been overheating the ESC.
I also have a Octo with Avroto motors and Simonk firmware ESC and the motors do not start spin at the same time.
The esc's are not hot and these are not Avrotor motor they are Quadrocopter QC3328 motors. The motor cutting out has not happened again but is it concerning me.
One good thing is that I have confirmed the redunancy for this design.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:45 PM
United Kingdom, York
Joined Apr 2011
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro View Post
Thanks.
Have you set the throttle range for each motor separately?
RC Flying UK is offline Find More Posts by RC Flying UK
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 30, 2012, 04:52 PM
Suspended Account
Long Island, New York
Joined Jun 2008
6,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Flying UK View Post
Have you set the throttle range for each motor separately?
I was told that the Re- Flashed ESC's don't need to be calibrated. Is that true?
Other then this issue it is flying great.