Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:26 PM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
As a lot, i had a crash yesterday with Hexa, 5.14a, 6S, Futaba Sbus
The uav cames to drift, a correct, but get more some drift, (i was full stick to correct), but continue tu get angle and drift.
I shutdown power and look my hexa crash.

DJI, since 5.12, too many crash in this forum (and in this world)
Crashs to in 5.14a.... So is 5.14 a solid version ?
yep , innexpliqued crash too on my Y6 with sbus v5.12 too

the copter was uncontrolable , and drift too
only eratic small control sometime , juste enouthg to try to minimise the crash inpact.

do several flight before without an issue
the only thing was the modem plugued onboard but ground station was shut down, any impact ?

3 propelers graupner brocken and the Jackub 200 mm landing gear.

What going on ?

I dreeam of x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 too
and the possibility to map the chanel onboard has I want like the mikrocopter.

I can do beta test, with lot of spare propeler
tazdevil is offline Find More Posts by tazdevil
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:26 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
348 Posts
Having the LK24 not binded with the ground station is not an issue. Sorry about your lost.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:55 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
yep , innexpliqued crash too on my Y6 with sbus v5.12 too

the copter was uncontrolable , and drift too
only eratic small control sometime , juste enouthg to try to minimise the crash inpact.

do several flight before without an issue
the only thing was the modem plugued onboard but ground station was shut down, any impact ?

3 propelers graupner brocken and the Jackub 200 mm landing gear.

What going on ?

I dreeam of x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 too
and the possibility to map the chanel onboard has I want like the mikrocopter.

I can do beta test, with lot of spare propeler
I hate that you crashed that Y6 I have been following your out come and was really about to build a Y6 very close to yours. Keep us updated been watching your 2 builds on the Jacub frame thread.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:04 PM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd4wen View Post
I hate that you crashed that Y6 I have been following your out come and was really about to build a Y6 very close to yours. Keep us updated been watching your 2 builds on the Jacub frame thread.
thanks , for you support,

only one thing is sure, that the jackub frame is rock solid

and for the landing gear, is not dead , it at just lost one stage, I cut the to long leg and simply drill a new hole for the skid and it's work ,

I like this frame, But I m going to rebuilt it in conventional hexa , cause effiency is better on flying time I found. the only interest of the y6 was the weigh an transport if it's foldable, but Jackub is not , so

Hope next time the dji will work fine with last firmware release, I don 't want buy a Naza...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Mar 2010
348 Posts
Windows 8 and DJI USB driver

For those like me who already use Windows 8, you will find out quickly that the DJI USB driver won't work. While DJI is already aware and making changes, here is a workaround:

Bit locker must be suspended, otherwise, it will require a recovery key.

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.
Select 7 (disable signature driver verification)
Boot the PC and install the DJI USB driver.

Once those steps are done, we can use the software assistant again.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:41 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
You should install it with just driver confirmation screen, if you run it like 'run as admin...'. Not ?
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Mar 2010
348 Posts
Can be without, doesn t matter
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:40 AM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
For those like me who already use Windows 8, you will find out quickly that the DJI USB driver won't work. While DJI is already aware and making changes, here is a workaround:

Bit locker must be suspended, otherwise, it will require a recovery key.

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.
Select 7 (disable signature driver verification)
Boot the PC and install the DJI USB driver.

Once those steps are done, we can use the software assistant again.
arf , thanks for the tips, I would like to test windows 8 on my hp tablet, and just see you process.

let's try
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Jun 2004
144 Posts
2 Hexa's, flying on 5.14a beta. No issues. Previously flown on 5.12 as well with no issues.

Night Flight training with UPD (1 min 40 sec)

Bergen Hexacopter at Night (0 min 51 sec)
cbergen is offline Find More Posts by cbergen
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Mentioned before, but altering idle speed did nothing, the problem i have is at odd times on start up, all 4 motors are not kicking up at once, it varies from motor to motor, where one or two motors are always very later to power up, sometimes near lift off speed, yet one or two motors have not yet reached that point or running quite slow.

Any ideas on how to solve this ?

Thanks.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:42 AM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebbb View Post
Mentioned before, but altering idle speed did nothing, the problem i have is at odd times on start up, all 4 motors are not kicking up at once, it varies from motor to motor, where one or two motors are always very later to power up, sometimes near lift off speed, yet one or two motors have not yet reached that point or running quite slow.

Any ideas on how to solve this ?

Thanks.
I suggest recalibrating the esc's.. I do not think the WKM has anything to do with this. I had similar problems long ago but my hearing is bad ( high tones)so I do not feel I ever got my esc's calibrated correctly. I switched to DJI esc's because they do not need programming and the problem went away. all has been good since.
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Last edited by vip; Sep 27, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vip View Post
I suggest recalibrating the esc's.. I do not think the WKM has anything to do with this. I had similar problems long ago but my hearing is bad ( high toes)so I do not feel I ever got my esc's calibrated correctly. I switched to DJI esc's because they do not need programming and the problem went away. all has been good since.
Will re-calibrate them tonight, but weird, just upgraded to 1.32 and 5.14, two tests outside, all 4 started exactly the same time, so may just see what happens next few times, one thing i also noticed, it was a lot more stable than it has been, may be just luck that they all kicked it at once, so a few more tests

did also think about changing to DJI ESC`s, at least you know they are matched nicely.
Davebbb is offline Find More Posts by Davebbb
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:59 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
I have been having problem rectifying the YAW issues....I can't simply yaw flatly with WOBBLE !!!

Everytime i give a yaw command from my TX, the craft will wobble so badly it seems want to crash.

I have since removed it from my cinestar frame and put into a F450 frame, isn't this a joke ??? Initially i purchased the WK-M for my cine for some serious ap/av works, but now it only seems to be only good enough for funfly. My Naza flys much better than the WK-m in a TBS discovery frame even with odd quad configurations.

My Cirus Multiwii board Yaws better than both of the above.

What's happening here ? Is DJI board only good for height holding and gps position hold ? Most time in high wind, both can't fly as well as a KK board !!!

Sorry for my bitching, i m really frustrated having paid premium and not getting results.
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Jun 2004
144 Posts
Just a thought, but have you tried adding some expo on the rudder, possibly reducing the travel limits on rudder may help as well.

Of course, adjusting the yaw gains, probably lower should reduce the wobble.

Is this occuring in GPS mode or ATTI mode, or both?
cbergen is offline Find More Posts by cbergen
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:37 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
I tried using expo on the rudder stick, it does feel better....but we are avoiding the problem and not solving it, cos sometime it mid air, i needed more rudder command, and it wobbles again due to my near max end limit on my rudder stick.

I also did lower the Yaw gains till the point it felt sluggish, but it takes the joy out of the turn, so in aerial video taking, i got to fly and turn very slowly, there is no way i can take scene like car chasing or tight turns.

There are too many near miss and almost sacrificed my cinestar and 5d3.

I feel that i will be running out of luck soon, that's why i quickly swapped the WK-m out before something bad happened.
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla