HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:40 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
Can anyone tell me if the GPS/Compass on both the naza gps and the wookong are the exact same size?

I'd like to know if the wookong piece will fit in the protector/standthat I make with the 3d printer

Attachment 5175728
No, they are not. The Wookong GPS (latest version) is 2" in diameter and just says 'DJI' on top. The NAZA GPS is 1.8" and has 'Naza' printed on top.
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:00 PM
United States, WV, Harrison
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRCnut View Post
No, they are not. The Wookong GPS (latest version) is 2" in diameter and just says 'DJI' on top. The NAZA GPS is 1.8" and has 'Naza' printed on top.
Same thickness?
wdelarme is offline Find More Posts by wdelarme
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:19 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
WKM single way point

I have installed the software, I see the usb driver in device manager port 10
I open ground station, see google, plug in 2.4 datalink, power up aircraft, change com port to 10 in GS... the connect button does NOT activate.

the data link on the aircraft and computer both have the right lights on..

any ideas out there?
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:05 PM
FPV Junkie
somewhere in space
Joined Aug 2006
675 Posts
Same problem but have actives your serial in the wookong

And u need to do the exact installation order fond on the installation cd

Have you installed the pluging googleearth for dji if not it canot work properly

Mine is working now with 4.06 version
tazdevil is offline Find More Posts by tazdevil
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
vip
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
Same problem but have actives your serial in the wookong

And u need to do the exact installation order fond on the installation cd

Have you installed the pluging googleearth for dji if not it canot work properly

Mine is working now with 4.06 version
thank you, i must not have did it in the right order, i did a system restore , started clean and did step by step and it now works.. I did not have google earth installed on this laptop before i started last time...

good call.....
vip is offline Find More Posts by vip
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:20 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdelarme View Post
Can anyone tell me if the GPS/Compass on both the naza gps and the wookong are the exact same size?

I'd like to know if the wookong piece will fit in the protector/standthat I make with the 3d printer

Attachment 5175728
Yes it's the same diameter
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
So now first nearly crash with V5.12

Was the fourth flight on a light windy day doing flight training.
Was in GPS Mode and Copter gets drifting with more than 40* angel. Switches to Atti and get it away from some trees and was able to do a hard landing on high grass. Not much broken one Motor mount but no prop and the camera gimble and camera is ok. Didn't have that behavior on 5.12a I think but it's still all beta. First crash with this copter. Think I really mount the NAZA seems to be more reliable and the functions I need are the same.
Keep the Wookong and wait for a stable firmware.

Greetings Marc
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:54 PM
Brasil, PE, Gravatá
Joined Apr 2004
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcCam View Post
...Think I really mount the NAZA seems to be more reliable and the functions I need are the same.
Keep the Wookong and wait for a stable firmware...

Greetings Marc
New Firmware 5.14 released.
Earlier versions were removed from the downloads section.

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...g-m/downloads/
Harpia is offline Find More Posts by Harpia
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
As a lot, i had a crash yesterday with Hexa, 5.14a, 6S, Futaba Sbus
The uav cames to drift, a correct, but get more some drift, (i was full stick to correct), but continue tu get angle and drift.
I shutdown power and look my hexa crash.

DJI, since 5.12, too many crash in this forum (and in this world)
Crashs to in 5.14a.... So is 5.14 a solid version ?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpia View Post
New Firmware 5.14 released.
Earlier versions were removed from the downloads section.

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...g-m/downloads/
Does this mean that this version is rock solid or they just removed the "beta" so people wont complain.

If anyone has FOD now they wont blame the software as is not beta anymore, so "you must of soldered wrong."

Is anyone brave enough to try the new 5.14a and give us some input?

cheers
bcollydas is online now Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
I mounted the NAZA now and will give it a try on the bigger copter. When connecting the motors and make a test run without props I recognize that the motor spin much faster on full throttle. Didn't have a gps for it so far but if it's the same flight stability why should I mount the Wookong again. Will wait for some experience.
Did someone who got crashes the same that motors start up slower flight by flight?
When I had the drift on5.14a I had the Nick/Roll gain on a knob. Copter starts drifting changing the gain drift was gone. Need the knob normaly for the gimble so can't ever use it for gains. Anyone the same experience ? And the drift was never at first flight most 3 or 4 with slow starting Motors. Same in 12,12a,14a.
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Everybody in 5.08 ! it seems more serious...
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:44 AM
Joined Apr 2011
106 Posts
Open Up More Channels?

DJI are always using the 14 channel Futaba T8FGS in their videos. And they champion - rightly so - the S-bus connection. So why can't we get more than X2 and X3 for switches and tuning? I want one three-way switch for mode, as we have. But I'd like to be able to use the back sliders for tuning the gains in the air. X4 and X5! Or for tuning pitch and roll separately on both attitude and basic on a long-bellied copter like the QAV500. Then of course I want a dedicated RTH switch. X6. So that's 9 channels.

This seems like a huge wishlist. But I know nothing about how difficult it would be for DJI to include more channels for people with the world's favourite radio. Does anyone? Any DJIers out there know of any plans in this direction?

What is next for you guys, firmware-wise? Surely you wanna catch up with some of ZeroUAV's fancy functions....
BrundleFly is offline Find More Posts by BrundleFly
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Sep 2011
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrundleFly View Post
What is next for you guys, firmware-wise? Surely you wanna catch up with some of ZeroUAV's fancy functions....
Firmware that's reliable and not sheepishly labeled Beta would be a start.... Not something we've had lately it seems.
DaveyWavey is offline Find More Posts by DaveyWavey
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:06 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrundleFly View Post
Then of course I want a dedicated RTH switch. X6. So that's 9 channels.
I agree. You know it's pretty easy to change any 2 way switch to a dedicated RTH right?

I've been told when using the SBUS you can also use the traditional 8 channels on the RX for things like Gimbal controls. The problem comes in because DJI uses 1-8 and that can't be changed. I wish we could change the SBUS default channels in the assistant.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites