HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
Registered User
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdw View Post
One and all, advice is requested

I am flying as follows:

DROIDWORX ADX-3 HEAVY LIFT AIR FRAME a Y-6
DJI-WKM, V5.03beta
6- AVROTO 2814-11S
6-HobbyWing FlyFun Brushless ESC 40A
6-GRAUPNER E-Prop 11x5
2-Turnigy 5000mah, 4S
Photohigher AV130

All up weight, without camera, is 9lb.

Basic parameters are 230, 230, 220, 140, 60, 60

Here's the scenario, while in ATTI. As long as manuevers are limited to mild hovering inputs the unit is stable, and predictable. As soon as any stick commands are given that induce roll, pitch, or altitude changes an uncontrollable YAW results, typically to the left. Given enough altitude, and returning the sticks to neutral positions, the MR will settle down, and will respond at that point to rudder commands. When it first starts Yawing action, it does not respond to rudder stick commands. Initially, it will not respond at all to rudder inputs.
Are you sure about that firmware number? 5.08 is still on the DJI download page but the latest is 5.14a Beta and the latest full release is 5.12.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:32 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
Anyone knows if DJI software and m-view can be used on a tablet running Windows 7? (Asus tablet)
I have no problem with DJI software and m-view.

Fritz
fritz99 is offline Find More Posts by fritz99
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:59 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdw View Post
One and all, advice is requested

I am flying as follows:

DROIDWORX ADX-3 HEAVY LIFT AIR FRAME a Y-6
DJI-WKM, V5.03beta
6- AVROTO 2814-11S
6-HobbyWing FlyFun Brushless ESC 40A
6-GRAUPNER E-Prop 11x5
2-Turnigy 5000mah, 4S
Photohigher AV130

All up weight, without camera, is 9lb.

Basic parameters are 230, 230, 220, 140, 60, 60

Here's the scenario, while in ATTI. As long as manuevers are limited to mild hovering inputs the unit is stable, and predictable. As soon as any stick commands are given that induce roll, pitch, or altitude changes an uncontrollable YAW results, typically to the left. Given enough altitude, and returning the sticks to neutral positions, the MR will settle down, and will respond at that point to rudder commands. When it first starts Yawing action, it does not respond to rudder stick commands. Initially, it will not respond at all to rudder inputs.
I would raise your ATTI gains from 60 to 100-130.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:02 AM
Registered User
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2012
111 Posts
Thanks ED,

I will give that a shot, and the correct firmware is in fact 5.14a Beta...sorry
Rockdw is offline Find More Posts by Rockdw
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:26 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
only if you are sure this is the same ESC caract with the same pulses, etc... so yes.
recalibrate all the esc before fly. Or ask maytech if it is exactly the same ESC functions in v1 & v2
they have different firmware. don't combine.

m
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:43 AM
Registered User
bcollydas's Avatar
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewlavin View Post
they have different firmware. don't combine.

m
Thanks I sent them back. I got some SBEC from another vendor.\

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
Ground control

Anyone any idea when we might see an updgrade to the ground control software? It's still pretty basic and needs a lot of language cleanup.

thanks FB
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:31 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
Is anybody here flying his WKM and had not removed the red wires from the ESC and
is not using the power module? I fly my quad on 4S and had all the wires pluged in and
zero problems so far, but i am changeing to hexa and 6S, maybe that´s too much?
I was told that the very first power-units are not suited for 6S, maybe DJI can enlighten us here.
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:22 PM
Registered User
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Braine-l'Alleud
Joined Dec 2008
188 Posts
I think a lot of people - like me - fly with 6S without problem.

For you, you have to know if the Esc and motor can drive 6S. Il yes, the Esc bec will deliver the same voltage ........ and perturbances.
I think It's better to remove them from the MC; you will get a more suitable voltage.

I can see where it's a advantage to keep them ....... as you have a good voltage via the DJI.
nisouck is offline Find More Posts by nisouck
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:06 PM
Registered User
Jeffem62's Avatar
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Apr 2012
527 Posts
Little concern
In ATTI + GPS mode with the Wookong im getting a Blue Flashing light. Never seen that before, its usually a few red blinks then a purple blink.

Seems to be flying ok, but I did have sort of a glitch the other day when it started to shutter a little then corrected.

Any ideas? Is this a big concern? How do get my purple led back?

Thanks
Jeffem62 is offline Find More Posts by Jeffem62
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 12:00 AM
Registered User
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffem62 View Post
Little concern
In ATTI + GPS mode with the Wookong im getting a Blue Flashing light. Never seen that before, its usually a few red blinks then a purple blink.

Seems to be flying ok, but I did have sort of a glitch the other day when it started to shutter a little then corrected.

Any ideas? Is this a big concern? How do get my purple led back?

Thanks
Purple blink means good GPS reception. Why is it a problem?
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:59 AM
Registered User
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
I'm not confident in WKM firmware. What do you guys suggest, 5.08 or 5.12a?
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:43 AM
Registered User
Belgique, Région Wallonne, Braine-l'Alleud
Joined Dec 2008
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
I'm not confident in WKM firmware. What do you guys suggest, 5.08 or 5.12a?
"a" version are for octo.

I tried 5.08 and now I fly 5.10 without problem with 2 hexa and 1 S800.
I don't test the 5.12 until now.
nisouck is offline Find More Posts by nisouck
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:53 AM
Registered User
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
Where can I get 5.10? It is not available on DJI site
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:08 AM
Registered User
Jeffem62's Avatar
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Apr 2012
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Purple blink means good GPS reception. Why is it a problem?

It's blinking Blue....

Something new, nothing has changed. How do I fix this?
Jeffem62 is offline Find More Posts by Jeffem62
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Ballistic Recovery System for Multirotors Duck! Aerial Photography 65 Feb 26, 2014 09:58 PM
Discussion DJI - WooKong eStab for Scale sidneyw Scale Helicopters 97 Dec 30, 2012 10:48 AM
Discussion FY3ZT Autopilot for Aerial Photography feiyudz Aerial Photography 116 May 07, 2012 04:58 PM
Discussion DJI AceOne autopilot for sale... hazchem88 Aerial Photography 4 Mar 31, 2011 03:54 AM
Discussion DJI Innovation helicopter autopilot XP.3.1 for European customers JoelT Aerial Photography 2 Sep 24, 2009 11:43 AM