HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:44 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,227 Posts
Opto vs S-BEC

Hi, I wonder if any of you gurus can answer this question for me.
I have a 40A Maytech S-BEC esc.
With the WKM I don't need the red wire so I take it off.
Now. can I use the Maytech 40A OPTO V1 with the rest of the S-BEC's?
I have 6 of the Sbec and 2 of the Opto.

thanks
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:37 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2011
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabtyler View Post
I was out for a short flight this evening on some hiking trails, and about 2 min into my flight my hex started heading forward and left on its own. I was in atti and I had to pull full right and back just to get it to stop moving. I ended up letting go of the sticks and switching to manual so I could control back to a landing area.
I flew this morning with no problems, the only thing I changed was I used a different battery this evening. anyone know what happened?
If you were in atti mode only then It sounds like a bit of wind pushed your copter.
matthewlavin is offline Find More Posts by matthewlavin
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
Back on 5.08 gimble has not the full range. I think the solution is to mount the Naza and wait for a stable firmware. So please Dji release 5.08 with full Gimble control. To scarry to fly around actors with an unstable copter.
With 5.14a also motors spin up really slowly after second or third flight. When the copter makes it's movement to the left after changing the pitch roll gain copter was stable in a second. Why the software reacts so slowly when I contoll rc commands total different behavior on 5.08.

Greetings Marc
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Is is safe to fly WKM on 5.08 with the Zenmuse gimbal? Is this possible?
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
61 Posts
Zenmuse has its own controller so you can fly it with what ever you want.
MarcCam is offline Find More Posts by MarcCam
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
me 2
binhakeem is offline Find More Posts by binhakeem
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, MI, Jenison
Joined Jun 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcCam View Post
Back on 5.08 gimble has not the full range. I think the solution is to mount the Naza and wait for a stable firmware. So please Dji release 5.08 with full Gimble control. To scarry to fly around actors with an unstable copter.
With 5.14a also motors spin up really slowly after second or third flight. When the copter makes it's movement to the left after changing the pitch roll gain copter was stable in a second. Why the software reacts so slowly when I contoll rc commands total different behavior on 5.08.

Greetings Marc
Still on 5.12 and my octo is VERY stable.
nicnaimless is offline Find More Posts by nicnaimless
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:11 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
5.12 on octo ? I hope you are not on traditional receiver....
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:22 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
857 Posts
When using M-View do you see any other flight statuses, like errors etc? Or just voltage and GPS?
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Dec 2007
81 Posts
Failsafe with no GPS locked (with no satellites found)

Does anybody know what will happen if failsafe is activated when there are no satellites locked (3 red flashes).? I've tested indoors, without props and no satellite reception, it falls into failsafe and throttle goes to the failsafe position (in my case about 50%). But what about aileron & elevator commands? What would the behavior be in a real flight scenario?

Thanks in advance,
Jim.
jimbril is offline Find More Posts by jimbril
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,341 Posts
New video from today, Nothing fancy just having fun. It was windy as heck.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141

Hodges Hobbies Field Update (7 min 53 sec)
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Apr 2012
527 Posts
Need some help.
I had a stock DJI 550 with a AG550 gimble and Sony NEX5N camera. Flying one 4s 5000 battery. All up weight is about 7.3 pounds.

My gains were set perfectly. While flying in ATTI mode forward flight I never lost altitude. Forward backward or side to side. Biggest problem I had was weight and motors getting hot. Probably due to my AUW.

So I changed my motors to the Sunnysky 2216 900kv.
Motors fit and work great. Flight times went down a little so im flying with two battery packs now.

One big issue. No more level flight. Even at hover im constantly fighting to stay at a set altitude. Its like an elevator, its up or down. When you put in forward flight it is just as bad, it wants to go down.

Any suggestions? Im guessing its a gain issue, I just dont know what direction to go with it in the assistant.
I have upgraded to the latest software and firmware

Thanks
Jeffem62 is offline Find More Posts by Jeffem62
Last edited by Jeffem62; Sep 12, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbril View Post
Does anybody know what will happen if failsafe is activated when there are no satellites locked (3 red flashes).? I've tested indoors, without props and no satellite reception, it falls into failsafe and throttle goes to the failsafe position (in my case about 50%). But what about aileron & elevator commands? What would the behavior be in a real flight scenario?

Thanks in advance,
Jim.
Normal reaction. Without gps, failsave is hovering in place. And after ? Autoland if you use the dji volt alert. Crash else.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffem62 View Post
Need some help.
I had a stock DJI 550 with a AG550 gimble and Sony NEX5N camera. Flying one 4s 5000 battery. All up weight is about 7.3 pounds.

My gains were set perfectly. While flying in ATTI mode forward flight I never lost altitude. Forward backward or side to side. Biggest problem I had was weight and motors getting hot. Probably due to my AUW.

So I changed my motors to the Sunnysky 2216 900kv.
Motors fit and work great. Flight times went down a little so im flying with two battery packs now.

One big issue. No more level flight. Even at hover im constantly fighting to stay at a set altitude. Its like an elevator, its up or down. When you put in forward flight it is just as bad, it wants to go down.

Any suggestions? Im guessing its a gain issue, I just dont know what direction to go with it in the assistant.
I have upgraded to the latest software and firmware

Thanks
Gains are for couples (lipo+motor+esc+prop). If you change one thing, gains are different. High up all gains, specialy attitude and vertical for the issue you write.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:47 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I just want to post here that BETA means just that. It is for testing, and has not been finalized. You try it at your own risk. Right now 5.12 is only officially released software. If you want to wait, then do so, please. It is better to wait until the software is finalized than try something that will cost you a lot of money if it fails with your set up. USER BEWARE!!!! You are in control. I have tested most of the beta software, at my own risk. I don't expect DJI to support my losses if they occur. Fortunately, I have had good results with the BETA software. However, my experience is not typical based on the posts by others in the forums. I don't want anyone to go into an upgrade supposing a spectacular result, it may not happen for you.
That's true Ed but 5.12 is known to have problemswith octos - so an octo user has a choice between Beta firmware which MIGHT have problems and officially released F/W which definitely does have problems (or go right back to 5.08).

I guess there's a bit of midnight oil being burned at DJI atm.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky