HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:06 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Jet, are you in traditional or sbus ?
Where you in ATTI ? (Motor loose stab don't works in manual mode)
Panza is online now Find More Posts by Panza
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:20 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
834 Posts
I am using futaba sbus. Also I was in gps mode. It was pretty scary , only that it happened at 3 m and over soft grass.... Only one single prop damaged. Could have been far worse.. Still I'm using 5.12a again and it seems ok... I would be interested to hear from any others who may have similar problems
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:33 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,904 Posts
you can't expect a hexa to fly with one motor down... the fact that it landed is quite impressive on it's own... next time dont counter act the yaw too much becuase then you will lose lift... just let it spin down... and you will have more lift as it decends.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
What is DJI answer ? explanation ?
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:02 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I just landed a F550 with one prop completely off... story in the Naza FC thread. I will post a video soon, it's being worked on right now. It wasn't easy but i did it in ATTI. I let it fall but in a controlled manner, a giant circular glide slope. From 100ft, nothing broken but the prop that came off never to be found again.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:41 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,904 Posts
you were not likely heavily loaded either and yes if you tried to counter act that spinning... it would have dropped an arm so you did well to let it spin...

steve
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:54 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
you were not likely heavily loaded either and yes if you tried to counter act that spinning... it would have dropped an arm so you did well to let it spin...

steve
5.25 lbs... I am running a 5000mah 4s battery, glassfiber landing gear with a homemade plexiglass mounting plate and way too heavy bolts for the application
Old Sep 04, 2012, 02:55 PM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I just landed a F550 with one prop completely off... story in the Naza FC thread. I will post a video soon, it's being worked on right now. It wasn't easy but i did it in ATTI. I let it fall but in a controlled manner, a giant circular glide slope. From 100ft, nothing broken but the prop that came off never to be found again.
Volume Warning:

DJI F550 Naza GPS - Lost a prop midflight (2 min 0 sec)
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:34 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,904 Posts
then I am impressed!
I am a fair bit heavier than that myself though... I doubt I would have fared as well as you

steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
5.25 lbs... I am running a 5000mah 4s battery, glassfiber landing gear with a homemade plexiglass mounting plate and way too heavy bolts for the application
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Don't know why everyone is having problems with the voltage monitor. Mine works fine with all of my batteries, leaving enough time to land the machine.

What I found out is that the Zippy batteries I use have plenty more capacity then written on them. I don't recall what I have my warning levels at but they are pretty safe on the batteries and SHOULD lead to a battery usage of around 80%. When recharging though, the batteries constantly have less than 10% of charge left (i.e. the voltage stays above the warning level until they have used up more than 90% of their labeled capacity).
Knilch is offline Find More Posts by Knilch
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
recall please Knilch...
you should have the same meanings : when red flash -> autolanding
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
Sure but I never let it get to autoland but bring the bird down when blinking yellow (what means low voltage, time to end the flight).
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
You surely adjust voltage values in assistant, because on mine, yellow flash come before cell at 3,75 v
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Nov 2011
134 Posts
I did adjust them somewhere around 3,3V if I recall correctly. Don't know anymore, that is one of the few settings I have never messed with since I set them the first time .

What could lead to your yellow flashing is a collapsing voltage under load due to overstressed/overused or overaged batteries. I am flying two packs in parallel so there is some relief on that end, too.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
I got a chance with great interest to call DJI today about the new firmware version 5.14a. It's a safe and valuable function, but I do hope it only works as a bodyguard not a terminator.

Actually, I am so stupid, 'cause I expected to have a try and get one of my motors stopped to simulate it.
They told me, it's only a protection function inside WKM.And the protection function only be triggered once one power output failed.
After talking with the technical support, I understand like this, WKM (5.14a) can still try to stablize the attitude once the emergency happens, but most of times, the aircraft will rotate around the frame arm without power output, and rotating and speed caused by payload and external environments.

Two ways to deal with it:
A. Lower your throtter slowly to land the aircraft upright.
B. You can use Course Lock and Home Lock modes of WKM to control aircraft to reach an acceptable landing place. You should have the course and home point recorded in advance.

They will make a video released soon. Waiting~~~~~~~~

And another important thing, the rudder is out of control and absobutely no use once the aircraft rotating, and now it only supports for V6 multi-rotor, can't work for Quad, work well for Octo.
Lovingflying is offline Find More Posts by Lovingflying
Site Sponsor