Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:47 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,154 Posts
The silly thing is that DJI watch these threads and are not even friendly enough to post about how this works, or even answer questions about declination.

Maybe no one at DJI actually knows because their top engineer defected to ZeroUAV. Who knows...

So for us it's always going to be speculation unless we have some engineers amongst us who are experts in this field.

FWIW, I have watched the Zero threads and their reps are always quick to respond to customer queries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Psionic, Not trying to sound argumentative, but I don't think the GPS has anything to do with the compass. The gps just calculates its position relative to the angle of the satellites it sees. That's why it needs enough satellites locked in to work correctly. It doesn't really care about North or South. For finding a course, it uses Latitude and Longitude based off of Satellite readings, not compass headings like the Legal Descriptions of a piece of property. That's how I understand it anyway, but I have been wrong plenty of times before. -- JOHN
Psionic001 is online now Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:18 AM
Helnet @--X
Canada,Qc
Joined Dec 2003
82 Posts
we check more than once the cg.

We made tests by moving the points XYZ

still TBE

To ensure that the wookong keeps trims we must recalibrate the radio tx with trim, write data in wookong and reset the trims on the radio.

still TBE

Perhaps there is too much interference in our installation electronic.
Helnet is offline Find More Posts by Helnet
Old Aug 21, 2012, 07:53 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Regarding my problem with all motors stopping in flight. It just occurred to me that the problem might be the new PPM input signal feature in WKM.
This feature was one of the main reason I updated to 5.12a, and I was using it during the flight.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:02 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
FWIW, I have watched the Zero threads and their reps are always quick to respond to customer queries.
Have you owned one? I have and sold it in a short period of time. Talk about an immature piece of hardware and software. No usable manual, you have to jailbrake an iPhone or have an Android to make it work. I tried the windows program, fail. Yes I understand why their engineers have to be on the forums all the time.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lightbridge set up
Old Aug 21, 2012, 09:13 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Have you owned one? I have and sold it in a short period of time. Talk about an immature piece of hardware and software. No usable manual, you have to jailbrake an iPhone or have an Android to make it work. I tried the windows program, fail. Yes I understand why their engineers have to be on the forums all the time.
I have an iphone
i'm interesed in the procedure... a link ?
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:10 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
+1 completely agree with Ed
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:21 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
I made a single post at Zero thread. If anyone wants Zero, then go there; not here. HobbyKing
is carrying the product. I won't comment on declination here. If Ed asks me directly, I will be glad to explain to him on the phone. Too many experts here. No DJI engineers defected to any other company for the record. If Zenmuse can point accurately working with DJI controller, declination is well covered.
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:41 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
can you also shut off motors immediately upon landing with disarm using intelligent?

because using intelligent means that if you tip over on landing you get to watch it burn our your ESC's and squeal like a stuck pig

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panza View Post
Just use intelligent cut off
(cut of only if multi landed and 0 stick for 2/3 sec (0 stick, not 10)
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
yes this is a good idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds View Post
Hey steve, I have mine set up like this, I set my throttle cut on a 2 position switch. One position I can arm the motors-0% at bottom throttle stick, on the other position I have it set to 10% at bottom throttle stick. Once I have armed the motors I flip the switch to 10% and no matter what while I am flying I cant shut down the motors at bottom throttle. Works well with the NAZA too.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
can you also shut off motors immediately upon landing with disarm using intelligent?

because using intelligent means that if you tip over on landing you get to watch it burn our your ESC's and squeal like a stuck pig

Steve
yes you can of course, play the arm/dirarm procedure
Old Aug 21, 2012, 02:34 PM
Athens, Greece
Joined Sep 2001
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
I made a single post at Zero thread. If anyone wants Zero, then go there; not here. HobbyKing
is carrying the product. I won't comment on declination here. If Ed asks me directly, I will be glad to explain to him on the phone. Too many experts here. No DJI engineers defected to any other company for the record. If Zenmuse can point accurately working with DJI controller, declination is well covered.
Why any info has to be given privately over the phone? Not all people on this thread are engaged to "I know it all" theme. A lot of us are just waiting for a piece of useful information in a mostly of topic conversation. So if there is something useful to share, please do.
tigar is offline Find More Posts by tigar
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:41 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,952 Posts
agreed, personally I have my GPS rotated about 15 degrees off centre and it holds position very well on the latest firmware which has been ROCK solid for me over the past few weeks.

Steve
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:59 PM
YOW
Joined Sep 2004
272 Posts
Steve, are you using 5.12 or 5.12a? Thanks
VictorYOW is offline Find More Posts by VictorYOW
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:49 PM
Support yer local CharlieSheen
Joined May 2011
982 Posts
[QUOTE=isaacintheclouds;22501996]
wookong m fail (1 min 45 sec)

I had this wkm running as good as it could. In no wind it would hold itself almost perfectly in place in GPS hold. I have had the RTH work perfectly. If I put anything in the gimbal outputs it ends up in the dirt. Any wind or sudden movements, white flashes to gravity check to dirt nap. I have had nothing but problems with this thing from day 1.

naza win (3 min 38 sec)

Heres the same quad from the crash with the WKM. Same motors, escs, roughly the same winds, the only difference is this was flown with the NAZA. GPS hold the whole time. Im posting these here so the DJI guys Ive been emailing can have a look. I hope Im not bothering anyone by putting these up. I know many people here have had good experiences with WKM. Cheers!
isaacintheclouds is offline Find More Posts by isaacintheclouds
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
357 Posts
Your "Wookong failed" seems to be a conexion motor deading.
We ear the wk try to push full throttle this motor.
We ear instantanly disconnexions, violent one, violent reconection etc
If it was the wk that throttle this motor it will not be so violent.
Its a power motor issue.
Bad connection i think, we ear a little disconnect, one more longer, one more more longer, wiring dying.