Joined Aug 2010
66 Posts
New Product
Flyzone Überlites

Just stumbled across this:
http://www.heliplane.net/2011/08/fly...es-rtf-planes/

Looks new to me!

Quote:

Flyzone/ItCanFly introduces a revolutionary concept in ultra light weight ready-to-fly RC aircraft – the Überlites. Using innovative, new Snap-N-Fly technology, Überlites enable pilots to fly multiple airframes by simply exchanging one compact flight module between them with a snap. The magnetically attached module contains all on-board electronics: motor, radio gear and LiPo battery. Just snap on the module, charge the battery, and fly. The complete Überlites 2-in-1 RTF set gives modellers two planes to fly – each with distinct performance characteristics to enjoy indoors or outside in calm winds. The monoplane features a wingspan of 410mm with the biplane featuring a wingspan of 355mm. Available separately is the Wing airframe with 240mm wingspan.

Features
One flight module
Two assembled mylar covered foam airframes
2.4GHz radio with battery charger
65mAh LiPo flight battery
Four AA-size batteries

i like the looks of all 3 kits but god knows what price/availability may be.
what do u think? Discuss away!
fragje is offline Find More Posts by fragje
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 04:43 AM
Good Times!
Joined Feb 2011
249 Posts
I like that flyzone has been making a strong presence in micro models. I only wish they offered rx ready or bnf more
Micro Budget is offline Find More Posts by Micro Budget
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:34 AM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
This looks like the first true challenger for the PZ Vapor. See prototype videos here: http://itcanfly.com/gallery-videos.html Color pics and manual here: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBGDZ&P=TF

It looks like the creator of the original Snap N Fly set has aligned with Flyzone to produce and sell these planes. It is a good value - two RTF planes for less than the price of one RTF Vapor and I think they look much better. But can we add lights?
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:44 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,469 Posts
Interesting, i believe thats the same radio set as the new WWI plane they are making. Actuators instead of servos so hinges on home made planes must be very free.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:52 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent View Post
This looks like the first true challenger for the PZ Vapor. See prototype videos here: http://itcanfly.com/gallery-videos.html Color pics and manual here: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBGDZ&P=TF

It looks like the creator of the original Snap N Fly set has aligned with Flyzone to produce and sell these planes. It is a good value - two RTF planes for less than the price of one RTF Vapor and I think they look much better. But can we add lights?
Exactly what I was going to say... I think that I will get one of these instead of a Vapor for indoors someday...
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:38 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
i will very likely pick up one of these sets. those just look so small and light and i like the colors a lot too
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:26 AM
Looking4Grass in AZ
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2011
1,357 Posts
Biplane, bonus points.
Afraidtoregister is offline Find More Posts by Afraidtoregister
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:05 PM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
Looking at the videos (which take a looong time to load), the airframes seem to rank as follows:

Monoplane - slowest flyer, almost a floater.
Biplane - faster and possibly more aerobatic (although only basic ovals and touch n gos are shown)
"Beetle" - fastest and probably best for outdoors. It has elevons so I assume it can loop and roll, although again this is not shown. Flyzone calls this a "flying wing" (I guess beetle is too unsexy of a name...)

There is at least one LED light on the rx board (at least on the prototype) but more lights would be great.

And extra batteries would be a must, hopefully they won't be too expensive.
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:09 PM
3d addict
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined May 2011
1,038 Posts
wow very cool. The biplane looks pretty awesome. Might have to invest in a set of these.
Aaeolien is offline Find More Posts by Aaeolien
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:31 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,954 Posts
These look cool as can be but I don't expect them to perform near as well as the Vapor. With actuators they might not even be able to loop, and that sweet looking Beetle might not roll for crap. Someone put a PZ brick in the Snap-n-fly so it should be possible with these also. Can't wait to hear some real reviews on these.
TODD
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:05 PM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,590 Posts
I always thought the original snap n fly planes looked sharp. I think just about everyone in our indoor group seemed to sell them off. These look like they have promise, I wonder when they'll be available.
bullseye000 is offline Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:25 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
These look cool as can be but I don't expect them to perform near as well as the Vapor. With actuators they might not even be able to loop, and that sweet looking Beetle might not roll for crap. ...
Reports on the vapor looping seem to be hit-or-miss, probably dependent on the state of the battery and how good a motor one has.

If marginal on the loops and rolls, one may need WOT, a freshly charged battery and a bit of a dive to gain speed (watch wing flexing).
Also rolling to the left will probably be easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv View Post
...Can't wait to hear some real reviews on these.
Yes, real reviews will be quite interesting.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:32 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Looking at the videos (which take a looong time to load), the airframes seem to rank as follows:

Monoplane - slowest flyer, almost a floater.
Also the one with the most wing flexing (can handle the least stress?) it seems to me.

Quote:
And extra batteries would be a must, hopefully they won't be too expensive.
With Snap & Fly and Plantraco, some people have removed the magnets on the Rx and put in another battery connector (like Pz UM).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:23 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Nov 2008
1,954 Posts
[QUOTE=flying-llama;19029050]Reports on the vapor looping seem to be hit-or-miss, probably dependent on the state of the battery and how good a motor one has.

Your absolutely right, I keep forgetting how heavily modified my Vapor is and haven't flown a stock one in a couple years.
TODD
I R Irv is online now Find More Posts by I R Irv
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:48 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
i wonder if i could fly one in my living room?
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68