HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2011, 07:53 PM
Ohio
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Question
Traxxas E-Revo or NEW HPI Savage XS Flux

These are both 1/16th scale.

Which do you think would make a better 'basher'?

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...c/7107erevo116

http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2011071401/
Kent55 is offline Find More Posts by Kent55
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2011, 10:04 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
well the mini flux is untested but looks good, so id say go and try it no offenece but someone has to be the guinea pig, and the merevo is good but requires upgrades
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:00 PM
USA, WA, Bonney Lake
Joined Aug 2008
3,416 Posts
savage.
jettrooper02 is offline Find More Posts by jettrooper02
Old Aug 09, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined May 2011
1 Posts
I'm a VXL owner and bought a Savage because I been breaking stuff on the Revo. The majority in ANY RC group or forum will say Savage is a much better basher than the Revo.
hotskillet is offline Find More Posts by hotskillet
Old Aug 09, 2011, 11:31 PM
Ohio
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskillet View Post
I'm a VXL owner and bought a Savage because I been breaking stuff on the Revo. The majority in ANY RC group or forum will say Savage is a much better basher than the Revo.
Okay, so the HPI Savage is a better basher for rompin' around. Is that the 1/10 E-Savage 4x4?
I was thinking of getting that until I saw the NEW Savage XS Flux (1/16?) Fast but a few dollars less then the E-Savage. I know no one has driven the XS yet but I guess I'm just asking what HPI's tract record is and what you think it will be like. I like what I see on the E-Revo (videos) but it's a few years old right? And for the same price HPI has a brand new equal competitor type vehicle with the newest tech in it.

That's what I'm asking.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:10 AM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
no!!! never get the e-savage, its just a rebranded e-zilla and isnt great
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:15 PM
Ohio
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Is the Traxxas Stampede VXL that ($100) much better then the Stampede XL-5?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:23 AM
Joined Dec 2010
4 Posts
Yes. But I recommend getting the stampede 4x4 over the 2wd version. Or just get a flux xs....
Njd13 is offline Find More Posts by Njd13
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:35 PM
Ohio
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the HPI XS but I don't have a LiPO charger. HPI said a NiMH will "work"... I didn't want to spend much over $300.
Will the performance be noticeably less without using the LiPO you think?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:00 AM
We were all noobs once
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
171 Posts
Hands down """savage XS""" PERIOD! I've got every micro available & this is the Toughest, best handling, quickest, bulletproof, Toughest, most durable, strongest, micro's out there- lol, it's not really a micro either but seriously people! Best bang for your buck & I wouldn't trade mine out for any traxxas model except a 1/10 Brushless E-Revo...
Genetics101 is offline Find More Posts by Genetics101
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:32 AM
Joined May 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetics101 View Post
Best bang for your buck & I wouldn't trade mine out for any traxxas model except a 1/10 Brushless E-Revo...
lol, I wouldnt trade it for ANY traxxas... however, I could trade it for a 1/5 HPI Flux, but nothing traxxas... traxxas breaks at the sneeze of their diffs, driveshafts etc...
SAVAGEry is offline Find More Posts by SAVAGEry
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:26 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 2006
1,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent55 View Post
I'm thinking of getting the HPI XS but I don't have a LiPO charger. HPI said a NiMH will "work"... I didn't want to spend much over $300.
Will the performance be noticeably less without using the LiPO you think?

Yes, unfortunately performance will be less with NiMh than lipo. NiMh will run almost as good, but for only a few minutes - the voltage falls off faster with NiMh than lipo. Lipo will hold that 'fresh off the charger' performance that freshly charged NiMhs have for almost its entire charge. And this is only quality NIMh cells and packs- the cheap Chinese generics won't even provide a few min of good performance.

Lipo is the only way to go!
Duster_360 is offline Find More Posts by Duster_360
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:38 PM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Spokane
Joined Jan 2009
564 Posts
Savage XS has been getting some pretty bad reviews....
sv1000s is offline Find More Posts by sv1000s
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:31 PM
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
^iev only heard good, ie big squid raves on about how tough it is and how overpowered it is
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:53 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
From the reviews i have watched the main problems are the motor & ESC temps get a bit high on 3S, the plastic steering arms pop off after a crash, the steering servo is a bit weak & to get the gearbox & motor out requires a bit of wrenching, which IMO are minor things & im sure hpi will address these issues & make a V.2 like the SS turned into the X & XL & they are tough as & so easy to wrench on, but all the reviews said the xs was a fast tough truck & handles well for it's size i actually thought it was a 1/10 scale at first.
I just purchased all the parts off ebay to build one so i will be able to sort some of the problems as i build it, like a heavier servo, try to find or mod a more fixed steering arm set up, i am going to run a 1/10 4000kv sensored combo that i have here not being used, im not sure how it will compare power wise to the standard xs combo as i am still learning about the electrics i have had nitro savages for years & love them but this will be my first electric truck, im not sure if the stock gearing will heat up my combo as my ESC is only 100amp but if it does can i change the gearing for more punch rather than top speed would doing this gear change take load off the motor & bring the temps down as i will mainly be using it for jumping & small track bashing so max speed would not be that important to me.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie