12,512 Posts
Suggestion
I should like to appeal this warning point

Jim

This morning I received a warning point for the following post

Quote:
Please edit your post
Dear leccyflyer,

One of your posts has been found by a moderator to be in violation of RCGroups community rules:

Original Post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?p=18976738
Post content:
Quote:
Worth noting, in regard to the frequent claims made regards who reports whom.

From today's list of infraction points awarded.

Quote:
Metieval Aug 07, 2011 07:56 AM 3 / Trolling (Obnoxious Reporting) Please do not report so many unoffensive posts. There are 8 reports by you in my report queue and few of them are infractable. Please review the rules, and only report posts that violate them.
The warned post is currently hidden from other users to give you a chance to edit it. Once you edit your post it will be visible to other users again and all record of this rule violation will be removed from your account.
Otherwise, your infraction will stay in your account until it ages for a certain number of days. If you accumulate a large number of points your account may be temporarily suspended.

For this violation, you have been given: 1 point(s).

After Nov 06, 2011, this infraction will be automatically forgiven.

An exhaustive list of rules for the site can be found on the RCGroups Rules page.

There is no further penalty for being warned other than the accumulation of points. You may accumulate 10 points before being subjected to a 5 day temporary ban from the site. Very few users reach the 10 point level by accident so if this is your first or second infraction, please accept the infraction point as merely a friendly reminder about the rules of the site.

An RCGroups administrator will perform a review of the infraction sometime within the next several days, at which time the infraction will either be reversed or confirmed. If you feel that you've received the infraction point in error please feel free to initiate a thread in Site Suggestions / Complaints. Address the administrators with your specific objection and they will attempt to assist you if a mistake has been made.

The reason you have been warned is because:

Reason: Offensive content (Flatulence)
Flatulence is when a user brings up a controversial off-topic issue (e.g. religion, politics, moderation issues) within the course of an on-topic discussion. Please keep all content in its proper place at RCGroups.

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Please do not bring up moderation issues on the forums.
-------

All the best,
RC Groups
The Site Chat forum, and Site Suggestions/Complaints forums have been the appropriate places for the discussion of site issues, including moderation, since their inception. If there has been a change of policy, such that moderation issues are not to be discussed on the forums then some form of notification of that, or change to the rules ought to be made, since this has clearly not been RC Groups policy.

The post in question is not off topic for the thread discussing those issues in the forum. Incorrect accusations of inappropriate reporting have been made by the User who has been given points for obnoxious reporting. The post merely points that out and is not off topic.

I should like to appeal the point and seek clarification on whether moderation issues are able to be discussed.

Thank you.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 03:30 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,512 Posts
I'd also point out that the thread within which the warned post was posted is entitled "Moderation Paradoxes".

The subject matter of that thread is moderation issues, and I fail to see how a post about moderation issues could be considered off-topic for that particular thread.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Aug 08, 2011, 09:39 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
Link - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post18976738
Warning - Flatulence
Issue -
Quote:
I'd also point out that the thread within which the warned post was posted is entitled "Moderation Paradoxes". The subject matter of that thread is moderation issues, and I fail to see how a post about moderation issues could be considered off-topic for that particular thread.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:22 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,382 Posts
I've reversed the infraction. There is nothing wrong with discussing site moderation in Site Chat. That's what the forum is for.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Closed Thread