HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,085 Posts
Finished the parting planes so the forward half of the top of the fuselage can be molded. I'll end up waxing and PVA'ing tomorrow, if time allows i'll probably start slapping epoxy down to, if not, i'll just cut cloth layers.

invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:46 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
7,923 Posts
Looks like a fun weekend ahead!
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:12 AM
The wheels touch down FIRST??
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
23,960 Posts
Dude - I've been tuned out of the thread for a while...

But as I can see, you're still giving it hell - top work matey.

Keep plodding along, Soljya

BJ
BJ64 is offline Find More Posts by BJ64
Old Mar 02, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Mar 2004
3,085 Posts
Yea i was hitting it hard till feb 18th. Now i just cant get motivated enough to wax and pva the top front of the fuselage. Im expecting a 18 hour day to layup the front half of the fuse if i end up having to do it alone, which i probably will

Then having to do it all over again on the bottom. Ughhh. Did i mention i still have 13 plugs to make?
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:32 PM
Oshkosh, WI
Joined Nov 2002
2,340 Posts
Keep up the good work. We're all watching & learning.

Phil
PhilLin is offline Find More Posts by PhilLin
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,085 Posts
I haven't been doin much to the F-14 lately. I"m working on getting all the "wood work" on my 26.5% GeeBee R2 completed so I can get all the dusty work done, so as to keep from having to clean the shop so much between F-14 moldings.

Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:04 PM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,442 Posts
Not many 1/4 scale Gee Bee plans used the scale M6 airfoil....are you building from Vern Clement drawings? Looking good! Let me know if you need any scale documentation.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:16 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,182 Posts
Are you going to start a new thread for the Gee Bee?
Sammy70 is online now Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Mar 09, 2012, 07:58 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
man, that Gee Bee looks awesome. it's on my bucket list for sure. maybe not that big, but a Gee Bee of some sort.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Not many 1/4 scale Gee Bee plans used the scale M6 airfoil....are you building from Vern Clement drawings? Looking good! Let me know if you need any scale documentation.

Wellll.... Yes and no...

I originally started with the Hostetler plans.. But they were so far away from being accurate, that they were completely re-drawn by hand. In the process of re-drawing the hostetler plans, I purchased a set of the Henry Haffke 1/4 Gee Bee R1, the Vern Clements 36" wingspan gee Bee R2 and the Vern Clements 1/4 Gee Bee R1 plans.

I also picked up the book on the granville's and the Gee Bee's written by Henry Haffke, and another written by steve wolf and delmar benjamin about their Replica...

I'm always needing Documentation! I am planning to do a 1/2 scale version once the F-14 is done, and have been looking feverously for the original Granville drawings of the R1/R2...
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Are you going to start a new thread for the Gee Bee?
I haven't, but I could if their is interest.. otherwise I can just put little pop-up updates in here
Old Mar 09, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
man, that Gee Bee looks awesome. it's on my bucket list for sure. maybe not that big, but a Gee Bee of some sort.
Its not THAT big.. only 80" wingspan and 56"ish long.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:43 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I would do one that size then. what size engine you gonna go with I assume gas? it would be cool with a huge outrunner turning a monster prop. I think that's the way I would go and then buy a sound card and speaker to play the sounds of the real motor, just like Sean (strictlyscale) does with his Corsair. the video I saw sounds like he's got it hooked to the throttle so the engine sound increases and decreases with throttle position. very slick.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Mar 2004
3,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe I would do one that size then. what size engine you gonna go with I assume gas? it would be cool with a huge outrunner turning a monster prop. I think that's the way I would go and then buy a sound card and speaker to play the sounds of the real motor, just like Sean (strictlyscale) does with his Corsair. the video I saw sounds like he's got it hooked to the throttle so the engine sound increases and decreases with throttle position. very slick.
Its getting the 7 cylinder radial out of my fw190 since the 190 should be finding a new home by the end of the month
Old Mar 09, 2012, 09:52 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
have you seen or heard the Klassen, inline 4 cylinders yet? man, they sound nice. they look just like a shrunken down Merlin and kinda have that sound to them. very cool.