HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RGS2010, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 04, 2011, 09:25 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,660 Posts
Discussion
Fleet Update

Had a bad rash of luck in July. Crashed three planes in two weeks. The FMS P-51 Mustang nosed and and cracked to pieces. Was on a "go around" after aborted landing about 20 feet off the ground and when turning gentle left, it suddenly spun right and nosed into the ground. Still have no reason for it. The rudder was torn loose on crash??? The plane was not recoverable.

The same day...I flew my P-47 using flaps (new thing for me) and it was in almost identical position as P-51 and crashed EXACTLY the same way. It might have been too slow on the go around and just lost airspeed but there has been rumors of a microwave problem at JSC that interferes with 2.4ghz equipment??? The Jug had a badly cracked fuselage on top and bottom, crooked prop adapter, broken firewall and a little rash on the wing. As of 8/4/11, all is fixed and ready for remaiden.

The next week my T-28 crashed while doing inverted maneuver and the problem ended up being an bad aileron servo. Fuse was cracked, nose wheel torn off, and cracked wing on left side bottom. Remaidened 7/30/11 and it flew well but motor is not quite what it used to be but it was serviceable.

Replaced P-51 with new Banana Hobby Starmax F-18, version 2, with 70 mm EDF and is 4 channel with working rudders. Replaced stock UBEC with Hobby King 5 amp UBEC since so much trouble with stock one. Ready to maiden this weekend.
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 Drawing to a close!
to remove ads between posts