HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by turboparker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:07 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
I'm still trying to talk myself into the Sbach. I enjoy my stock Su-26XP, but also have a pair of Common Sense Yak-54EP's that I enjoy hovering and harrier-ing. I'm really only wanting to buy the Sbach if it can be made to fly like one of the bigger planes (the XP, of course, doesn't really like high-alpha in the way that the larger planes do). In other words, there's no reason to move to the Sbach if it's going to essentially be a larger, faster, and heavier XP, you know?
Bryan,

My mistake. I thought you already had one.

The Sbach is essentially a faster, far more precise-flying XP with a 1.7:1 thrust-to-weight ratio - that laughs at 15 MPH winds, and can also do some decent 3D with an aft CG & the SFGs. With the SFGs, the Sbach is the king of high-alpha & KE flight amongst the UM planes. It will do KE harriers all day long, and square KE loops are no problem. Regarding flying like bigger planes - the Beast 3D is by far the 'biggest-flying' of the current UM ships. It feels much more like a 40 or 60-size plane than a 2oz foamie - provided there is sufficient airflow over the control surfaces for AS3X to do its thing. The B3D is much easier to hover & torque-roll than the Sbach, and it also does decent high-alpha. But the Sbach w/SFGs is a far better high-alpha platform than the B3D. Check out my Sbach videos to see how the it performs in high-alpha. I suggest that you also check out my Beast 3D videos. To see how well the B3D flies slow & when in KE, be sure to watch the indoor clip.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:40 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,640 Posts
Thank you for the tips!
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Apr 2010
3 Posts
I lost the propeller shaft to my Sbach and can't find a replacement, does anyone know where I can get a new one?
Luke98 is offline Find More Posts by Luke98
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke98 View Post
I lost the propeller shaft to my Sbach and can't find a replacement, does anyone know where I can get a new one?
Luke,

Horizon has the Sbach prop adapter in stock.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Apr 2010
3 Posts
Okay, thanks.
Luke98 is offline Find More Posts by Luke98