HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,092 Posts
How much would you charge to have two blue lights on the back??

Also, are there any other colors you could get your hands on?

And then finally question is this...

Could you do like a "Strip" of them? You know maybe 1/2" apart from each other so we could have a sweet "glowing" leading edge? Would that be too much draw?

I was looking at the lights people put on their superflys and other delta wings and they look pretty sick when the leading edge is glowing like that!
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,092 Posts
Oh and just a heads up, the "Online ordering" link on your homepage is broken

The link on other pages is fine, just the home page one.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:35 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
Ah that would be sweet on the Stryker as the default option.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:53 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Oh and just a heads up, the "Online ordering" link on your homepage is broken

The link on other pages is fine, just the home page one.
Orders have been intentionally off-line. Family priorities and now Irene, which will be a direct hit as it makes landfall. My original goal was to assume orders today but it will probably be the end of next week.
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:16 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Sfds

Quote:

Also, are there any other colors you could get your hands on?

And then finally question is this...

Could you do like a "Strip" of them? You know maybe 1/2" apart from each other so we could have a sweet "glowing" leading edge? Would that be too much draw?

I was looking at the lights people put on their superflys and other delta wings and they look pretty sick when the leading edge is glowing like that!
As much as I want to accomodate, strip lights are not an option with SFDS, sorry.

A second blue tail light is possible, but you will be increasing the total draw by 20%... I have been flying the Night Stryker, Mossie and Beast a lot at night (5 LED kits) and although I will accomodate those who ask, it isn't needed for orientation. If a 6th light (2nd blue tail light) was added, I would consider a bigger LiPo or accept reduced flight times. I would NOT put an additional light on the Mossie as it is only 1S and doeesn't have as robust of a LiPo. If you have seen the lights up close, they are BRIGHT. But for those who want the symmetry, it will be an additional $3 for a 6 LED kit.

When ordering, just email me the request with model kit [Stryker], lighting options [6 LED], colors [white, red, blue, green]. I will send a PayPal request for the $21 kit. Once I receive payment I will ship the kit.

Custom Orders are geared to those wanting a kit for a non-Park Zone/E-Flite type micro with 5V RCX... I.e. Nut-ball, Bipester, etc.

Red/White/Blue/Green are the only current options. The LED's I use are limited in color choice hence the limited.

The flashing LED's have been backordered with no anticipated ship date - SORRY.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to e-mail me. I will try to get orders back online SOONEST!

Thanks to all for the support and patience.

Jeffrey
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Sfds status

IRENE took her toll. Currently no power or tele and only form of data/comm is via intermittent cell coverage. Will post an update once able to start shipping kits again. Regrets, Jeffrey
Old Aug 29, 2011, 02:37 PM
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
IRENE took her toll. Currently no power or tele and only form of data/comm is via intermittent cell coverage. Will post an update once able to start shipping kits again. Regrets, Jeffrey
Jeffrey, best wishes in getting your power back soon!! I'll be ordering a set for my UMX Stryker when you get back up and running

For those who are asking about blinking lights, I have the TBL sets on my P-51 and Cub. The blinking lights look cool at dusk, but they are TERRIBLE for night-time orientation. Solid lights are MUCH better. I am an old veteran when it comes to night time flying (I have several planes with homemade lighting sets), but flying my P-51 and Cub at night is out of the question, you just can't see what's going on with them.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
I hope all is well there Jeffrey and that recovery if quick and easy.

I have one other question for you, how about 2 whites and 2 blues for a Stryker? I don't really need the side markers and just seem kinda silly on a delta wing (just my opinion and nothing more )
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:32 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Bluemeane - I'll make you a 4 LED Stryker kit with 2x white and 2x blue tail lights. $15 shipped if ok with you. Else let me know. I'll send you a PayPal money request once Internet service restored. Look forward to hearing from you. Jeffrey
Old Sep 02, 2011, 08:37 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Sfds update 09/02

Good news: Power back on and Sbach kits are available.

Bad news: No Phone/Internet to process orders. Only form of Comm/data is trusty iPhone. Will start accepting orders once Internet is restored. CenturyLink told us all week it would be up "tomorrow" but today they said next week. All I can do is apologize to all waiting for an SFDS Light Kit. I will be making kits all weekend. My primary focus will be making Stryker and Sbach kits. If you want a specific kit, feel free to email your desires so I can ensure your order is filled promptly once service is restored.

Regrets, Jeffrey

sfdesignsolutions@embarqmail.com
www.sf-design-solutions.com
Old Sep 03, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
SF Design Solutions is fully operational and online orders being accepted.

UMx Sbach 342 lighting kits available.

Sorry for the inconvenience for those waiting for a light kit.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 05:54 PM
Standing Athwart History
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2011
606 Posts
I'd be interested in a set for my HZ Champ.

I like my Night Vapor, but the wind grounds it more times than not.

Just letting you know that there is demand for such a critter.

Glad you got through Irene OK.
roo_ster is offline Find More Posts by roo_ster
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:14 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,790 Posts
Just placed an order for a light set for my Hobbyzone Champ that is being retrofitted with an AR6400...and brushless! Can't wait to have a night ship to fly out of my neighborhood for the coming winter months...

Thanks,
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:32 PM
will fly for food
United States, CA, Ben Lomond
Joined Mar 2011
1,093 Posts
How about a kit for my little heli?

Hey Jeffrey,

Glad you made it through Irene. Wondering if you could make me a kit for my Blade 120sr? It runs a 5 in 1 board w/ a 500mah 1s battery. You prolly would have a good demand for mcpx kits as well. Thanks and I will most definitely be ordering a kit for my Beast.

Wavekatcher
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Sep 06, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
Hey Jeffrey,

Glad you made it through Irene. Wondering if you could make me a kit for my Blade 120sr? It runs a 5 in 1 board w/ a 500mah 1s battery. You prolly would have a good demand for mcpx kits as well. Thanks and I will most definitely be ordering a kit for my Beast.

Wavekatcher
Thanks WaveKatcher - Does the 120sr have a spare port on it? If so, we could move forward with a kit for it.

I looked at the mCPx early on as I'm a big fan of that Lil bird, not to mention several folks around here asked for an mCPx kit. But it doesnt have a spare port on it - ergo, can't plug the light kit into it. The lack of a spare port is the same issue for those wanting kits for the early generation ultra micros, Hobby Zone planes, etc. Regrets, Jeffrey