HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:10 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Glad everyone is happy! Getting dark here so time to start buzzing the neighborhood <again>! LCS
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:28 AM
Good Times!
Joined Feb 2011
249 Posts
heres a flight from yesterday early morning with my um j-3 with sfds lights installed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQ_cGiWKVI
Micro Budget is offline Find More Posts by Micro Budget
Old Aug 18, 2011, 09:25 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,460 Posts
Just ordered the BEAST setup. I plan to put them on my UMX Stryker. Should be KILLER. I ordered two setups as I'm sure someone in my club will want to join me in some late dusk mini Stryker flying.

Actually I just wondered if this will work on the Stryker? Does it have an x-port?

ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Last edited by ducatirdr; Aug 18, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:18 AM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
SFDS Solution Lighting Kits

DucatiDr, et al: If anyone orders a kit for an A/C not currently offered, please send me the distances between the AR6400 and the wingtips, intended landing light placement, and tail light placement. This way, I can ensure I send you a kit that will fit. I would hate for customers to receive something that doesn't fit as desired/intended. So please E-mail me (preferred vice PM) if you want stock Beast kits, or a kit adjusted for the UMx Stryker (or other A/C).

FYI - the UMx Stryker has a W/S of 17", but the UMx Beast is only 15". The fuselage lengths are different as well. There is no extra charge for modifying these kits - ya'll just need to ask.

I haven't been able to get my hands on a UMx Stryker, Polecat or Sbach, hence the reason I haven't yet offered them. My goal is to start offering those kits late next week.

Flashing white tail lights "should" be available sometime next week. Simulated machine guns (flashing lights) are not going to be developed or offered, at least not in the foreseeable future. My regrets to those that have asked and have been patiently waiting.

To reiterate - if you want something that isn't offered - please just e-mail me and ask. UMx 4 or 5-LED custom kits will be the same cost as those being offered. I'm pretty flexible and want to accomodate customers as much as possible. Thanks to everyone for all the great support!

LCS sends...

SF Design Solutions
"Taking the ultra micro to the dark side"
www.sf-design-solutions.com
sfdesignsolutions@embarqmail.com
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:49 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2005
2,360 Posts
great news on the flashers! I will be ordering a few sets next week

BTW, Great work on all of this and I hope the orders keep piling up
trust416 is offline Find More Posts by trust416
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:12 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Budget View Post
heres a flight from yesterday early morning with my um j-3 with sfds lights installed
Did you hard wire the lights to the AR6300 brick, are you using a "Y" connector, or did you modify the UMx J-3 with an AR6400? Just curious as the light kits aren't compatible with the AR6300 series UMx's (without mod's). In any case, nice job with the MOD and flight.

Semper Fly, LCS
Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:37 PM
Good Times!
Joined Feb 2011
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
Did you hard wire the lights to the AR6300 brick, are you using a "Y" connector, or did you modify the UMx J-3 with an AR6400? Just curious as the light kits aren't compatible with the AR6300 series UMx's (without mod's). In any case, nice job with the MOD and flight.

Semper Fly, LCS
LCS
That cub is an old night vapor brick with stock cub gb and motor. All new foam and decals were ordered as parts. It came out much nicer than my rtf version did from the factory. You can see comparison photos at the bottom of my blog. I use it for indoors and threw a p-51 motor in my rtf for outdoors. Since I used the night vapor brick I was able to plug right in to the stock LED xport plug.

I am excited to hear about custom ordered length! I have a stevens piet w/ a 24" wingspan that I wish I could put lights on till now. your service and your ability to adjust to demand are top notch I must say.

I like to put lights on my indoor planes so if there's a mid air I can always blame the other guy! Hahaha seriously "I know you saw me. That aircraft doesn't look like its up to regulation buddy"

Also, Very excited about being able to send you specs on future balsa kits. I'll be able to install my lights before covering wth tissue and just leave the led poking out of the wingtip! Genius
Micro Budget is offline Find More Posts by Micro Budget
Old Aug 19, 2011, 03:11 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
UMx Night Stryker

Kits should be available in the next couple of days. My weekend is chocker-block full and I have to finish the instruction sheet as well... Should be a BLAST at night with the 200 mah pack. LCS

SF Design Solutions
"Taking the ultra micro to the dark side"
www.sf-design-solutions.com
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:21 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,346 Posts
I would like some of them to flash. You will be implimenting that soon?

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Aug 19, 2011, 04:31 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I would like some of them to flash. You will be implimenting that soon? J
post #34...
Old Aug 20, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
UM F-27Q Stryker LED lighting kits now available

UM F-27Q Stryker LED lighting kits are now available for online orders. Planning to shoot some video tonight. LCS

Old Aug 21, 2011, 06:29 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
waiting on night vids of Beast and stryker.....cant wait......c'mon guys
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Aug 21, 2011, 08:19 PM
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Joined Oct 2006
131 Posts
I received my lights for my beast last week and installed them over the weekend. Very impressed! They are very bright, I flew at our local indoor fly over the weekend and the beast really stands out!

Once the kit for the Sback is available I will definitely order a set and a set for the Stryker (hopefully my Stryker will arrive this week).

I have a friend who will definitely get a few sets for various aircraft as well.

Fantastic lighting kits! Thanks LtColSpit!
doil is offline Find More Posts by doil
Old Aug 21, 2011, 09:44 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
PZ UM F-27Q "Night" Stryker dusk/night flight video (when Vimeo done 'processing').

PZ UM F-27Q "Night" Stryker (3 min 39 sec)

Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:10 AM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,460 Posts
Stryker lights were installed this morning. Instructions in Adobe format off the web allowed me to zoom in and see exactly how to route the wires. I created a "wire pull" out of a very thin steel rod to help with pulling the wires through the wire routing holes in the fuse. That made it really easy to route the wiring. Everything works fine and looks great. Lets hope I can test her out tonight. I hope there won't be pre-hurricane winds.

I angled my white lights to shine back toward the nose of the plane. This should help the nose show up better than just forward facing "landing lights".

Thanks for the excellent product and quick turn around. I can bet that once my fellow club buddies see this they'll be next in line to order.

Tom
ducatirdr is online now Find More Posts by ducatirdr