HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2003, 07:49 PM
Serenity Now!
O'Fallon, MO, USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,327 Posts
Question
are these Hornet parts a new design? (see pic enclosed)

I started my FP Hornet and noticed these features on the parts pictured below.

You can see a boss area on the aft end of the upper frame and on the tail bevel gear holder. These look suspiciously like holes for set/grub screws to hole the tail boom in place. The instructions also make no mention of these.

Also look at the tail rotor pitch slider. It came this way out of the package. No assembly was required. The instructions still show you having to install the bearing and the pitch yoke arm as seperate pieces.

what do you guys think?
jbrundt is offline Find More Posts by jbrundt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2003, 09:07 PM
USA, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined May 2003
917 Posts
Yes, those bosses are for 3mm set screws. 3X3 works good, available from your local hobby shop.
hornet_dave is offline Find More Posts by hornet_dave
Old Sep 06, 2003, 05:20 PM
Annecy - france
Joined Aug 2003
2 Posts
hi

they shoukd be in the kit !!

When i purchased a replacing boom, i look that it has changed too, its extremity are smaller for the diameter... not good when you put the screw to block it !!

have a nide day
ferodo
ferodo is offline Find More Posts by ferodo