SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MicroRotors, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 01, 2011, 07:20 PM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,716 Posts
Yippee!
Ziroli SBD Dauntless PSS'er, ... Completed!

Well Guy's, ...

The Dauntless was finished and she had the opportunity to compete at the 2011 ISR PSS Slope Fest this past May 28th & 29th. She did not fly due to radio failure. One of the antenna wires on the 2.4 receiver was pinched between the wing and the fuselage and broke off when trying to free it. OUCH!

She did win a couple of awards.

1st in Prop Aircraft
Best of Show
Craftsmanship Award.

MicroRotors is offline Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2011, 09:33 PM
the Ford man
ontario
Joined Jun 2010
712 Posts
Thats a beautiful airplane!!

I have been wanting to build one for a while how are they to put together?

congrats on those awards!!

ford f47
ford f47 is offline Find More Posts by ford f47
Old Aug 04, 2011, 12:36 AM
3D Toy Designer
USA, CA, Hesperia
Joined May 2001
4,716 Posts
Ford,

Nice Avatar, ...

Well, ... I have built one before years ago and they go together very well. Ziroli plans are pretty well thought out and are proven winners. But my build was far from any other Ziroli out their, ... For one, ... the wing is made up of 52 different foam blocks that were CNC hotwire cut. The fuselage was origionaly carved from foam and wood and it was built to be a plug so I could make a fiberglass mold of it. Oh the story goes on and on. If you want to see how I built this particular one into a glider, ... I made a 2.5 year long build thread. it's pretty well detailed with tons of pictures and almost 100 pages long.

Thank You for the kind words and I'm glad you like it

Bill
MicroRotors is offline Find More Posts by MicroRotors
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Old Aug 05, 2011, 05:12 PM
the Ford man
ontario
Joined Jun 2010
712 Posts
Hello Bill yep I defenitly like that plane I have been wanting an rc Dauntless since my start in the hobby a few years ago.

I think I will get one someday.and I am going to look up that build.

Happy flying.

ford f47
ford f47 is offline Find More Posts by ford f47