SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 01, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined Jun 2010
12 Posts
Help!
Gyro offset / balance offset FC 2.1 issue

Hey guys, i am in a little bit of a pickle here.

The other day, i went to fly my hexa and for some reason, i cannot seem to calibrate the gyros so that they 'level' the hexa. after pulling my hair out and going over all the usual suspects (props, motors, wiring etc.) i hooked it up to the computer and found that there seems to be an issue with one of the gyros.

I ran the scope, and nothing seemed out, all the lines were flat when the hexa was still and they moved when i moved the hexa and returned to normal when put back on the desk. there is nothing that seems out on the FC (2.1) and no errors are registered.

however, when i look at screen 2 of the Jeti style window in the kopter tool titled: act. bearing, the values are giving me Nick: -18, Roll: -1, Compass 0. The -18 value for the Nick does match up with the issue i am having. What this means, is that the hexa thinks that the front is raised so, it is trying to level itself out by giving more power to the rear motor to try and solve the problem. (see picture at the bottom)

In reality when i try to take off, the back motor will be pushing much harder effectively trying to flip the hexa.

It seems that i need to offset the nick by +18 to give me a reading of 0 which would be level.

does any one know how this could be done or has had this issue before. i do not know why this has started as the hexa has flown beautifully before. if i was to fly this now, i would need to either use the trims on the transmitter to hold it level or have more right stick down to compensate. other than this issue, it is fine. the transmitter settings havn't changed and i have re-checked them.

I have also reset the software on the board so there is a fresh install on there.

am i right in thinking that when you calibrate the FC board, the fc should recognise the surface is level (which it is) and make the nick and roll values 0, and use those values to keep the hexa stable?
kingruar is offline Find More Posts by kingruar
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2011, 02:44 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Copenhagen
Joined May 2010
1,154 Posts
Have you done the Acc-calibration (throttle up right) ?
wizprod is offline Find More Posts by wizprod
Old Aug 01, 2011, 04:40 PM
Joined Jun 2010
12 Posts
yes thats it, couldn't believe it! i have always thought that it was throttle up and left. and that would calibrate everything. what a D**K i am! cheers though
kingruar is offline Find More Posts by kingruar