looks fun
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2011, 03:43 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
Cut another one out for myself,added some spray paint to jazz it up a little... eventually i'll get an airbrush to paint with .
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
Old Nov 02, 2011, 07:55 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,494 Posts
Awesome

Would love plans if you have time
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:25 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
Plans will be on the way when there ready,still have to cut one out from the plans to compare and finalize any revisions for set up etc. Sparring and gear placement will probably be up to the builder but i'll post some pics for reference on set up and assembly. Not quite the same as flying a 3d plane inside but this is a tight flying area for any plane in this size class. Have a much lighter version of the park jet on the way that should do better for bouncing around in the front room when i can order the gear i need for it.

GRX ''Yakzilla 32'' EPP House Flying! (4 min 1 sec)

GRX EPP Park Jet Indoor Testing! (1 min 16 sec)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 04:54 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,494 Posts
Hurry up and release plans for jet will ya

Lol j/k

No seriously

Hurry up

Ps

Nice flying !
Old Dec 18, 2011, 03:59 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
Thanks,im getting things done as time allows . Its getting closer,shouldn't be to much longer. Haven't spent much time on it lately but got a quick flight in with it to check some changes today. It doesn't have to be perfect and there will always be more foam for other planes but id like it to be good straight from the plans without later revisions once the plans are out there.

GRX EPP Park Jet Testing (2 min 45 sec)
Old Dec 18, 2011, 09:42 AM
Watt Waster
Joined Oct 2010
1,830 Posts
Nice Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Thanks,im getting things done as time allows . Its getting closer,shouldn't be to much longer. ...
Looks like you have it dialed in pretty good. Thanks for sharing.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:51 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,494 Posts
This plane flies great from the looks of things.

I have a grayson super mega jet v2 I'd love to strap on to one of these .

great flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Thanks,im getting things done as time allows . Its getting closer,shouldn't be to much longer. Haven't spent much time on it lately but got a quick flight in with it to check some changes today. It doesn't have to be perfect and there will always be more foam for other planes but id like it to be good straight from the plans without later revisions once the plans are out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9vgb...el_video_title
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:43 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
You would need to scale it up quite a bit for a 70g plus outrunner like the mega jet v2. Wingspan is 24'' and with common set ups its in the 6-6.5oz auw range with 19-25g outrunners and 2s 325mah to 2s 460mah packs. I did build one a little over 4oz but prefer the plane at the weights listed.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 05:46 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,494 Posts
Okay thanks sounds good
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:23 AM
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Jun 2007
1,169 Posts
man i so want a set of plans for this little bad boy. anyone know if they were released yet?
kremecheze is online now Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:21 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,978 Posts
GRX EPP Park Jet Plans

Plans are in the first post.

CG is roughly 2'' forward from the prop slot.. i been flying it about 2'' forward but usually just move packs after flying it and i use a lot of different gear in each plane so i never really establish any cg on scratch built planes.

Suggested set ups.

Servos: Power HD 6.5g or 6g servos(if choosing the 6g version you will need longer servo arms for full deflection,the d65's come with long arms for 3d throws and are digitals. Ive used futaba 3114s and they work well to but are over double the price.

Outrunners: the suppo or turnigy 2204-14t works well with good power,t-motor t-2006 works well and packs more punch. Ive also flown some power hd outrunners in 3d planes that would be suitable in the park jet as well.

Esc's: This 10amp esc works well with the 2204-14t and ive flown the plane with the power hd 12amp and other esc's as well.

2s Lipo's: Ive flown the park jet on 220mah 2s up to 3s 500mah packs. A good all around pack is the Pro Packs 2s 440mah 25c lipo and im flying that currently in the park jet and other 3d planes.

Props: Dura Thrust or gws 8x4.3sf with the 2204 set ups,the durathrust props are much more durable but heavier than then gws 8x4.3 props.

I'll update with more info or anything that comes up later but most scratch builders will have what they need,id suggest carbon strips on the leading edge of the wing going about an inch or two into the fuse,also the two under belly panels should get carbon strips as well and of course the wing should have a carbon spar. 45 degrees of throw for experienced pilots and cut the throws in half for more gentle flight and move up to 45 degree throws once your use to the plane. Auw's have been high 5oz to high 6oz for this 9mm version depending on packs and power set ups but i did build a light one a little over 4oz but prefer the heavier version.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:57 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,802 Posts
I was lucky enough to get to build one of the prototypes. Highly recommended. It was a fun build and even more fun to fly. I've flown mine a bunch indoors in a small church multi purpose room. It will slow down to a walk in harrier with no wing rock in either upright or inverted harrier. Mine came out at 5.8oz without the battery, on the heavier end of the scale because of the equipment I used, but because of all the wing area actually flys light. I used what I had on hand, 1700Kv BW, 8 x 4 GWS prop, 2S pack and 3 Futaba 3114 servos.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:17 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,494 Posts
Awesome

thank you very much
Old Dec 21, 2011, 08:23 AM
Utah USA
Joined Jun 2002
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
I was lucky enough to get to build one of the prototypes. Highly recommended. It was a fun build and even more fun to fly. I've flown mine a bunch indoors in a small church multi purpose room. It will slow down to a walk in harrier with no wing rock in either upright or inverted harrier. Mine came out at 5.8oz without the battery, on the heavier end of the scale because of the equipment I used, but because of all the wing area actually flys light. I used what I had on hand, 1700Kv BW, 8 x 4 GWS prop, 2S pack and 3 Futaba 3114 servos.

Azarr
Nice paint scheme Azarr!

I have yet to build the GRX Park Jet, but I'm sure looking forward to it. Thanks for the great design Get Real.
WickedFunRC is offline Find More Posts by WickedFunRC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Latest Video's