HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by impostor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 07:07 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Discussion
My P40 Pilot is MIA

I took my P40 out for a remaiden today. I spent a ton of time ripping everything out, and rebuilding her from scratch. I had high hopes bc I really love the P40. Tossed her up and she went to nose dive immediately. I was confused. I took her way up high to trim and noticed that she's stuttering at anything less than 80% throttle. I'm running 3S 30C 1000mah battery on GWS 8040 prop, stock motor and ESC. Furthermore, she wants to dive hard. I can't let off the ele otherwise she'll lawn-dart. It was difficult to keep her in the air.

I went in for a right hand bank and yank at about 50ft high, and she just plummeted to the ground. I'm not sure what happened bc it happened so fast. At the crash site deep in the thick bush and weed, I recovered the wreckage, but her pilot was MIA. I think he's dead.

I'm bummed. I don't want to spend any more time fixing and tweaking it, hoping that it'll fly right. I've got the T-45 that flies like a dream and a couple other EDF kits to build. I think I'm done with this P40.

Name: crashed_p40.jpg
Views: 125
Size: 130.2 KB
Description:
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2013, 04:41 PM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
1,904 Posts
i have a fms p40 1400mm and i'm suffering the same problem. sorry about your p40. did you ever figure it out?
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock