HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which Transmitter do you recommend?
Spektrum DX8 46 14.89%
JR 9503 30 9.71%
Futaba 8FG 80 25.89%
Airtronics 10-FG 37 11.97%
Hi-Tec Aurora 9 116 37.54%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:28 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Poll
Which Transmitter do you recommend?

This is a poll I set up for RCGroups member VEGAS_RC_ACE. The options are as follows: Spektrum DX8, JR9503, Futaba 8FG, Airtronics 10-FG and Hi-Tec Aurora 9. He will comment and add his own requirements. Here is his original Thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1479352
VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Last edited by Victory Pete; Jul 31, 2011 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:33 AM
Inciting Riots
Joined Dec 2006
9,682 Posts
I see no poll
village_idiot is offline Find More Posts by village_idiot
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:36 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by village_idiot View Post
I see no poll
Try it now!
VP
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:52 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
As some of you may have guessed, I voted for the 8FG.

These are some of the reasons why that I can think of offhand:

- In the couple years I've owned mine it has been completely "issue" free.

- It has some very neat and useful advanced programming features for gliders, powered planes, and helis, the full extent of which would be difficult to cover in this post. The only significant programming feature that it lacks is an over all servo/channel delay control, but there are workable ways around this to get servo/channel delays where you want them. Hopefully Futaba will add this functionality in the future.

- In addition to the two main sticks, it has two dials, two sliders, six three-position switches, two two-position switches (one of which is a momentary switch), and four digital trims, all of which are programmable and assignable to your liking.

- It has mixable trainer functionality so that both the student and instructor can optionally control the channels of a model at the same time, the proportional percentage of control can be set down to the specific channel, and also optionally use the instructor's or student's radio settings for each channel. The individual channels and which control inputs control them can also be assigned so the instructor and student can use different control inputs to control the same channel as they like.

- It has essentially limitless on-the-go model memory storage with the use of SD cards. Models can be downloaded, uploaded, shared, and stored directly between 8FGs, on a PC, and over the internet. New firmware versions can be downloaded onto the SD card and used to update your 8FG without interfering with the models stored on it. New firmware versions have so far been backwards compatible with older model settings.

- It has been updated to a 12 proportional and 2 digital/switchable channel radio, and has had other features and functionality incorporated since its release as well.

- It has very fast and extremely consistent latency.

- According to Robbe (the European Futaba distributor), it is due to be updated in the future to incorporate Futaba's "FASSTEST" telemetry and "FHSS" protocol to optionally control the newer, less expensive park flyer receivers and be able to receive telemetry information.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Last edited by Wrend; Jul 31, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:59 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2011
184 Posts
Removed
Amichai is offline Find More Posts by Amichai
Last edited by Amichai; Aug 03, 2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:18 PM
Joined Jul 2011
9 Posts
Hellow Friends! I Have Encoder & Decoder Circuit Diagram but I need Transmitter & Receiver Circuit Diagram can any ony upload Please...............
MATabish2 is offline Find More Posts by MATabish2
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:29 PM
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRocket View Post
... The first person to say DX8 will undoubtedly be lashed by Victory Pete...
Guess he's going to lash himself then...
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Old Jul 31, 2011, 01:48 PM
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jun 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend View Post
Guess he's going to lash himself then...
Oh yeah, he'll complain all day about the trim displays, even though he's bought the thing TWICE now.
Amichai is offline Find More Posts by Amichai
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:09 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
I cannot vote because I don't know what does he need and how much is he willing to pay for receivers...
but in this case my vote goes to Futaba 8FG because telemetry and S.FHSS receivers coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend View Post
- According to Robbe (the European Futaba distributor), it is due to be updated in the future to incorporate Futaba's "FASSTEST" telemetry and "FHSS" protocol to optionally control the newer, less expensive park flyer receivers and be able to receive telemetry information.
sorry but those receivers will be used for anything you fly, why does you park flyer need telemetry ?
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Last edited by Mikarro; Jul 31, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:10 PM
4.5 Kilowatts of Awesome
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2007
740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrend
According to Robbe (the European Futaba distributor), it is due to be updated in the future to incorporate Futaba's "FASSTEST" telemetry and "FHSS" protocol to optionally control the newer, less expensive park flyer receivers and be able to receive telemetry information.
Curious, are they saying existing 8FGs will be upgradeable, or just new units from the factory?
gravydrive is offline Find More Posts by gravydrive
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:25 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
16,998 Posts
That really depends on your application.
Do you just need a simple radio?
Do you need telemetry?
Do you need lots of channels?
Do you want the best quality?

The radio naming is a little misleading because the Futaba 8FG is actually a 14-channel radio.

I like Futaba myself because of the company and very high quality. The 8FG is definitely the most bang for your buck.

If telemetry is a must have now get the Aurora 9.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Last edited by RC Man; Jul 31, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:28 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
16,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravydrive View Post
Curious, are they saying existing 8FGs will be upgradeable, or just new units from the factory?
Futaba offers free upgrades. Their upgrades are very easy to do yourself you just copy some files to an SD card, pop the card in your transmitter, flip a switch and the rest is automatic.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:37 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Aug 2009
953 Posts
Until this upgrade happens, you can now enjoy cheaper receivers and telemetry with the A9 and DX8.

So anyone got release dates ?
pach is offline Find More Posts by pach
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:42 PM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Transmitter Requirements

Here is the original Thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1479352

VP
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:32 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
Out of the radios listed I would get the 9503. Not listed is the 11x and IMO it is an awesome radio that is just freaking cool. At first I didn't like the look of the 11x but it grew on me quickly. I now own one and since every other TX looks old and outdated. It is everything a 9503 is plus most of the 12x for a great price.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech