HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:24 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Goin flyin today!

My neighbor, Jay, owns a 1948 Champ and keeps it in a hangar next to his house. Well, as we all know, you need a runway to take off. So, it just so happens, that same runway is where Jay, and a bunch of other fellas also fly RC planes. Guess what Im doing this afternoon?

Last week I took the 1/4 scale Pitts out along with my 60" pattern plane and a couple foamies. This week, the 27% SBACH 342 comes out and the "Save the Ta Ta's" plane. These fellas are learning that electric power aint what it used to be.

Here are some pictures of my new flying field/full scale private airport. The pictures, obviously, are taken from where we fly. One is to the east, one to the west. Gotta love it.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Last edited by lmopar69; Jul 31, 2011 at 08:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:48 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,695 Posts
Glad you are getting to fly and teaching those guys about electrics, Bud. Hope you and "6" are doin' well!

Tim
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Jul 31, 2011, 08:25 PM
Shoreline, WA
Joined May 2004
365 Posts
Got What You Deserve

The phrase "Got what you deserve" is usually used to justify someone being punished. In this case its an explanation of a reward. You did a good job in Afghanistan and fate, or God, or whatever has rewarded you! Which is good, you deserve it.

Richard S
LSF226 is offline Find More Posts by LSF226
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:57 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
You do realize I'm beginning to dislike your luck don't you? I think you you could fall into a barrel of pigs rear ends and come out with the Hooters Girl of 2011. Don't make me come down there.... or I'm gonna have to send a msg to the wife to reign you in

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Aug 01, 2011, 10:06 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,602 Posts
Laine you lucky son of a gun! You got a perfect field. Reminds me of waco field in Ohio which was a real aircraft runway. Looks nice!

Casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Aug 01, 2011, 06:30 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Thanks guys. Considering the approach end of the runway is about 200 yards from my front door, its not a bad deal. Jay and the other folks that use the runway might fly once a week at best. There was an Extra 300L giving me a "private airshow" the other day. Smoke on and all. That guy is bringing his Extra in soon for an annual (my neighbor is an A&P guy). There certainly are worse places to live. ;-)

When we were looking for a house, we saw this one and thought "Its ok". Then, we came to look at it and saw the 40x40 shop (brand new) and the house and thought, "hey look, we just found our new shop and there is a house there too!" Then I saw the runway and met the neighbor and the deal was done. We made an offer the next day.

Loving it so far! Been working on my 46 Dodge every chance I get. In fact, thats where Im headed right now. SEE YA!

Laine.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 02:12 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,602 Posts
Sounds like a dream offer Laine. Glad you got a place to work on hobbies and play.

Casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Aug 02, 2011, 06:15 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
2 hours from Hodges too. Cant argue with that. Only downside is its a 35 mile drive to work everyday. But, it does not bother me one bit.

Laine.
Old Aug 02, 2011, 10:59 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,587 Posts
As long as you're working on your Dodge, here's some incentive. '55 Custom Royal, 30K original miles/interior & pulled from 34 years of storage. And the Wagon drove around 230 miles (1 way) to get here to our April Car Show. The Wagon owner is a wing design engineer for Boeing. Both are virtually spotless. Can you imagine driving the miles in the wagon to be here @ 7AM? It's pretty much original if memory serves me right.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Aug 03, 2011, 02:48 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Both beautiful! I would jump at the chance to drive that power wagon accross the country. I love old cars/trucks.

Laine.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 01:04 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,100 Posts
Now that's just not fair! But that really is a good neighbor to have
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Rocket Crash
Old Aug 07, 2011, 12:13 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Yeps. I can always look forward to getting some flight time on Sunday afternoon without any loading stuff up, driving etc... No worry if I forget anything either. Cant lose.

Laine.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:28 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,828 Posts
Now we know why he realy moved.

Kudos to you for hoodwinking the family

Plus he must be a closet crimson tide fan LOL.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:18 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, well, whatever it was, it worked! We got a nice place here for sure. Got lucky. As far as being a Tide fan... FAT CHANCE!

HUSKERS!!!!!

Laine.