Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:56 AM
Sverige, Skåne Län, Landskrona
Joined Oct 2010
71 Posts
Thanks PippowNL and Olscuzbut!

Olscuzbut:
The engines is in the boat and it should be no problem to install the rest.
The problem is that I think it's a lot of money to put on the boat if I do not find it fun to drive the boat ..... So I suppose I am a bit stingy
But I would also like to see it in the water!!

I got a transmitter, receiver and servo of older model. But now I do not know where to get the rest of the things. It may not even be worth while to use it considering that it is a 35MHZ Transmitter.

What I have for the boat is:
Futaba FP-T5LK1 35MHZ 9.6 v
Servo C 677 Graupner 4.8 v
Multiplex Mini 7 FM35E

2pcs Super 540 7.2 v Robbe motors No.4744
1st 6-14v 180mA DC motor for homemade bow-thruster
This is what I have ... Is it anything to bet on?! :-)
I can not so much about it ... The funniest thing is to build. (I think)
What I believe I need is 3x speed controller and battery?

//Kongolasse
kongolasse is online now Find More Posts by kongolasse
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:44 AM
Kamloops BC Can.
Joined Jan 2008
606 Posts
Kongolasse, I would think that if all your radio equipt. works on the bench, servo s etc. you should be ok in the boat. Don't know how readily available electronic speed controls are to you, but that would be the best bet for your motor control. I'm sure you could get one shipped to you from some of the hobby shops mentioned on RC Groups and at a reasonable price. Would really like to see this boat on the water!!
Olscuzbut is offline Find More Posts by Olscuzbut
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Dec 2012
6 Posts
Thanks so much!!! this is an amazing boat!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the photo's ..Working on mine now and they really are making it easier to build this model. If you don't mind, I'm wondering where you got your figures? they look great!!! really add to the realism. Also, I would love to know how you set up the rudder with the servo. One last question is regarding battery and ballast....
don't want to bog down the post, but if you want to email me, I'm at
tandm.yurkovic@comcast.net
Thanks!!!
Mark
Mark Yurkovic is offline Find More Posts by Mark Yurkovic
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joined Oct 2010
71 Posts
Really fun that you have the benefit of the images.

Figures are from Preiser.

I have a 6 volt battery that I have for lightand radar when the the boat is not attached to the wall.
When the boat it is on the shelf it get the power from a transformer.
I've glued small stones which I've glued with epoxy glue, I also used concrete, but it is NOT a good idea, so DON`T use it.. Ithink It´s best to glue the lead bullets or anything ... But you need much, the boat weighs about 10 kg (22.05 lb).
As you can see on one of the pictures is the idea that the servo to sit between the engine and a stick connected to the white part of the rudder as you see in the picture.

//Kongolasse
Last edited by kongolasse; Dec 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2010
71 Posts
At last she got into the water. Need to do some adjustments. And maybe a bigger battery with more cream in.

SMITWIJS Rotterdam (2 min 4 sec)

//Kongolasse
Old Sep 14, 2013, 09:48 PM
Australia, WA, Garden Island
Joined Nov 2010
460 Posts
Good on you for building her, in recent months the 1:1 vessels have been sold to GMS (a scrap ship dealer) and renamed Global Change (London), Global Destiny (Rotterdam), and Global Success (Singapore).

Change has already been used to tow a scrap vessel to Bangladesh, and then was scrapped alongside that vessel. The other two to follow I guess

And all this after they were modernized in mid-2012.

Applicable thread here:
http://forum.shipspotting.com/index.php?topic=10745.0

MarineTraffic confirms London as "deccomissioned or lost", and the last time there was any update from Singapore, MarineTraffic showed her as being in Galveston, Texas in a scrapyard (127 days ago). That leaves Rotterdam in commision, and in Gibraltar as of 2 days ago.
Deckie is offline Find More Posts by Deckie
Old Sep 15, 2013, 04:24 AM
Joined Oct 2010
71 Posts
Yes I read it on a website, very sad. I do not understand why they should be scrapped.

//Kongolasse

Edit:
Then i found this site:
http://www.towingline.com/archives/1...ingline.com%29
Last edited by kongolasse; Sep 15, 2013 at 08:47 AM.