HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:29 PM
guitarflyer
Joined Feb 2009
797 Posts
all you have to do is watch the vid of the new mig.or any of the vids pete posts.its not hard to pick up on what kind of person and company your dealing with.i think the jets are very heavy because pete looks like hes playing baseball at batt when hes flexin and poseing.keep it comming pete its hilarious.do just look and listen to your self.on the 90mm f18 jollyroger.you get real serious cause you developed this jet,and dont know what kv the motor is.all in one sentance.if i desighn a jet all the waydown to the nitty gritty.i think i would remember what motor i put in it.please dont stop.i love it
guitaramp68 is offline Find More Posts by guitaramp68
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
Banana Hobby Sucks

I ordered 2 airplanes and 2 propellers from Banana Hobby March 5 and paid by paypal, taking advantage of a "Free Shipping " Offer. There props were out of stock so they held the whole order up for 4 weeks. By the time the props ($4 item) were back in stock one of the airplanes was out of stock. They then shipped me 2 Helicopters I didn't order. They refused to ship the planes until the helicopters were returned and processed, another 2 weeks. By this time one airplane was still out of stock. Finally after 8 weeks I agreed to change the airplane out of stock to another one and paid them another $10 for the difference. They then said they really only had one airplane, I said ship that one and cancel and refund the other. Since this brought the order under $100 they tacked on a $30 shipping charge ! THese guys are a chinese fire drill. Kept my money 8 weeks and jacked me around to avoid the free shipping they offered. AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE !
cbs3md is offline Find More Posts by cbs3md
Old May 08, 2012, 07:59 AM
Builds better than he flies
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
I have never ordered from Banana Hobby so cannot comment on their level of service or lack thereof, however...

They do advertise (and presumably stock) some rather interesting models; Large-scale warbirds, EDF jets etc. One place I have found that carry alot of the same items is Ready2Fly.

I have ordered a number of times from these guys, airplanes, spares, tools, accessories and such and have never had a problem with their deliveries or delivery times.

Anyone who has been put off by other posts relating to Banana Hobby might want to try these other guys out instead.
CodeJock is offline Find More Posts by CodeJock
Old May 09, 2012, 01:50 AM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
man those things are expensive...
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old May 09, 2012, 02:00 AM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
man those things are expensive...
Which things?
Old May 09, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, MD, Clinton
Joined Oct 2010
1,002 Posts
What you posted of course. Like an extra 100 dollars...
houstonderk is offline Find More Posts by houstonderk
Old May 10, 2012, 12:52 AM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined May 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonderk View Post
What you posted of course. Like an extra 100 dollars...
Ah, I see, sorry must have been having a "blonde moment".

True enough, compared to BH they are more expensive.
Old May 27, 2012, 08:43 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,006 Posts
It is still unbliveable to me that people still defend bh..I have been following them for a couple of years and read the same storys gain and again...349 complaints in 3 years...WOW...and then there are some that say that you can not complain unless you have bought from them...Its not rocket science that if I see someone get his finger cut when he puts it in a porp...I do not have to do it to see what happens...I do not see how they stay in business and to have Pete say that there are no problems is just insane...I do not understand how these people sleep at nite??And the most pity is they have some really cool looking planes...
Whats strange to me is that nitro has an F rateing too, but I buy from them all the time and get everything on time and in good shape...but there score is like 108 complaints in 3 years...still weird...anyway just venting...cause I really want some of those planes...
YOU can google BH and spends hours reading these crazy storys.. some are just impossible to believe..
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:35 PM
Salinas, CA
Joined Dec 2007
481 Posts
I ordered a blitzrcwork mini F-22 from BH. It was shipped in 3 days. Excellent. the plane was well package. Initial testing of the components all seems to be ok. I'm happy with BH. I'll buy from them again.
jl449 is offline Find More Posts by jl449
Old Aug 11, 2012, 04:07 AM
United States, CA, San Marcos
Joined Jul 2012
267 Posts
BH Sucks

You guys realize that the BBB isn't always accurate.

I have never posted a positive review on BBB. I only go to there to post when it is something negative. Most of the BBB is filled with negative reviews because people go there to post negative reviews, not positive ones.

I couldn't care any less which online site I use to purchase merchandise from.

I noticed BH is slightly more expensive.

I order what I need on both sites, add shipping, and compare the absolute total. Whatever is less is the one I use. I have never had an issue with a BH. Once, my receiver died, it took a week, One week!, to get a replacement.(Of coarse I live 100 miles from the warehouse, so I get overnight shipping no matter what option I choose)

Anyway, until I have a problem with them, I am going to use them when it saves me money.
pilotavery is offline Find More Posts by pilotavery
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:03 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,481 Posts
Packaging and the reliability of the manufacturer saves a lot of headaches. names like Freewing and Airfield usually come through for me with great quality and reinforced packaging but buying something that looks good without looking carefully at the customer reviews and ignoring the manufacturer can cause big problems. Parts will end up missing or damaged.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:26 PM
United States, MO, St Charles
Joined Jan 2013
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55 View Post
And the most pity is they have some really cool looking planes...
:
This.

And is it not possible to find planes that look like this anywhere else?
lardo5150 is offline Find More Posts by lardo5150
Old Feb 04, 2014, 12:54 AM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
If this is your first jet, I would no recommend it. The body and flying surfaces needs a lot of extra attention. The you have all the additional channels to contend with on flying. I actually have not flow this bird, however, I did purchase one. So far the rudder servo is bad. The BEC was improperly wired, The Horizontal Stabs are very week and needs carbon fiber in them as well as the ailerons and wings need to be beefed up. The landing gear platform is also week and most likely will break away on a heavy landing as well as the front gear. This plane really is not for the beginner. I have built over 300 scale airplanes and of those over 150 were jets. You would be better to start with a begging jet i.e. the vampire sold by Hobby King.
fijianseamonster is offline Find More Posts by fijianseamonster
Old Feb 17, 2014, 09:56 PM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Nov 2010
64 Posts
When you done something right, people won't know you have done anything at all. Meaning you will hear more bad than good. I bought from different online stores and as well as a local shop. You can have problems no matter where you buy from. One of my choppers has a bad board on it and I bought it locally. Can't even fly it, but I will still buy from that shop again. Its more of a manufacture problem. Anything mass produced is going to have defects. I would like to by one of the mini raptors or f-35 from banana hobby.
OutlawFirebird is offline Find More Posts by OutlawFirebird