HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2011, 02:06 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,115 Posts
I agree with urrl. Great points and links!

But I would also keep in mind, that usually people who DON'T have issues with a reseller or seller, don't bother with posting about the GOOD experience.

However, someone who feels they got shafted, or had a bad deal will almost ALWAYS complain or post/review about it. So in general when it comes to bad ratings there are usually hundreds more of great ones, that just weren't posted.
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:22 PM
United States, WI, Eau Claire
Joined May 2011
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorbin View Post
I would like some opinions from other customers of BH before I buy a BlitzrcWorks EDF Thrust Vectoring F-16. I am a beginner, and I've heard this jet is good for beginners. Anybody like to help me out?
Sure.

Don't.

I thought I'd give the the ol' college try, but am seriously regretting the decision.

Wanted a Sky Surfer Kit. Someone on here pointed out that BH had them in stock.

Ordered with the Brushless motor. Took my money instantly.

No contact, no emails about shipping. Nothing. After a few days I asked what was going on, they told me that the kit I wanted was actually out of stock and that I'd have to wait. Didn't know how long.

I told them to refund me over chat and to cancel my order. Order was canceled but no refund came to my paypal.

Then very early this morning I get an email to say that they WERE in stock and did I want one? I smelled a rat, but said yes please - as long as it's the correct version with the brushless motor (I have read some bait and switch stories on here). Of course, I get an email back saying I never ordered the brushless motor upgrade. I gave up and told them to refund me in full and I'd look elsewhere or just wait till BEV have their Skywalker in stock.

For $60 and for a brand new customer you'd have thought that they'd try to do a good job - I even put in the comments of my order that I had heard bad things but were going to give them a shot. Thankfully it was only for $60 and not $600.

My advice - stick with Tower or Horizon or your local hobby shop if you have one. As the saying goes, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
banzi28 is offline Find More Posts by banzi28
Old Sep 01, 2011, 04:23 PM
Joined Jun 2004
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post

Again, howcar has never ACTUALLY bought anything or ordered from them (no posts about buying from them anywhere on here)
Too right! Would you really expect me to be mad enough to buy from this shower?

I have no intention of going through the horrendous experiences of OPs who have shared their stories with us.

Note to John - Read post #17 today from banzi 28 this is happening to him RIGHT NOW. His problems are nothing to do with CHINA, they are all internal sharp practises from BH.
howcar is offline Find More Posts by howcar
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:21 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,479 Posts
Quote:
I agree with urrl. Great points and links!

But I would also keep in mind, that usually people who DON'T have issues with a reseller or seller, don't bother with posting about the GOOD experience.

However, someone who feels they got shafted, or had a bad deal will almost ALWAYS complain or post/review about it. So in general when it comes to bad ratings there are usually hundreds more of great ones, that just weren't posted.
Sure there are those who do not post good reviews but for me the reseller with the least amount of complaints will be most likely to get my business. I will always check RR before considering a purchase.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:21 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Nov 2010
45 Posts
Quote:
John, I wouldn't take advice from someone (howcar) who has never bought anything from Banana Hobby....

I have bought many things from them, and when there is an issue they resolve them..

And remember, these planes are built in CHINA not by BH

You always run a risk with things from china no matter who you buy from.
They could quality check them prior to shipping to the customer, seems like it would save BH a WHOLE lot of headache.
allamericanflyer is offline Find More Posts by allamericanflyer
Old Sep 05, 2011, 08:41 AM
Joined Aug 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmson View Post
John,

Where did you hear that an EDF jet was a good choice for beginners? EDFs might be a good choice for a 4th or 5th plane, but you need some experience before jumping into the EDF pond.
Most especially one with thrust vectoring. What a leap!
omega262 is offline Find More Posts by omega262
Old Sep 15, 2011, 08:06 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,604 Posts
My Buying Experience with BH

I KNOW people first hand who have had trouble with Banana Hobby...I'm happy to say that I'm not one of them. Within the last 18 months I have bought:

1. Art-Tech Spitfire that arrived in great shape. Now I must admit the FIRST time that I ordered it they took my money and then the next day sent me an email that it was out of stock. I called them immediately and got an immediate refund. So I ordered again when it came into stock and got it withing 3 days of ordering it.

2. LX B-2 Stealth Bomber that arrived in great shape and within 3 days of ordering.

3. Blitzworks F-18 70mm last month arrived within 3 days (regular shipping from Calif to Texas) and in great shape.

I have ordered various parts here and there and I have been happy. In our RC Flying Club I know of one other guy who regularly uses them and is happy also.

Now calling them and trying to get info from them is an exercise in futility but ... all in all, I'm happy with them.

I do also like Nitroplanes...also out of Calif...and their related parts company HobbyPartz. Toysonics.com is also good. RC-Castle.com is also good. For batteries and assorted parts HobbyKing is KING. The best dealer with the best customer service is PW-RC.com a guy named Phillip and he will actually answer your emails within an hour or two with great information (He and HobbyKing are out of China).

That's my .02

Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,479 Posts
Banana hobby gets an "F" on BBB rating:
http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...k-CA-100075745

Nitoplanes gets an "F":
http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...y-CA-100031949

Xheli gets an "F":
http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...y-CA-100056369

Guess who gets an "A+":
http://www.bbb.org/central-illinois/...ign-il-9003184

I use this company all the time for my heli's
http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-r...den-ma-120584/
Last edited by urrl; Sep 27, 2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:48 PM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
I'm new to the hobby of EDF's but not flying and have bought 3 jets from BH so far with no issues. The first jet was there nano mig-15 and the only problem I had was the add said 100% ready to fly and the control horns were'nt attached when I got it. No big deal but I was so anxiuos to fly it I got mad and called there tech support and ripped some poor undeserving guy a new a!#hole. Afterwards I regreted acting that way. I then ordered there 50mm f-22 and 50mm f-86 and enjoy them very much. I ordered 3 more planes that are supposed to be here Thursday. Hopefully my luck will hold out. I think a lot of guys see how easy Pete makes flying look and expect a little too much and it would probably help if the flight review vid's were not edited. It might scare some guys away but they would know it's not a easy as he makes it look.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:10 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,479 Posts
It's been so many months waiting to see this jet in stock:
http://www.bananahobby.com/2136.html
Every month they move the date.
I ordered the same jet from Toysonics for $82.00 which came today; I was surprised it arrived so soon. It looks fine.

I haven't glued it together yet, but it looks easy, requiring a receiver and a TX which I have both.
Old Nov 03, 2011, 05:14 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,479 Posts
Let us know how it goes with your order soopertrucker.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 02:23 PM
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
I forgot about this thread. I'm having good luck so far. All three of my 50mm jets got here on time and complete(no complaints). I ordered a replacment air frame for the F22 (for reasons I'm reluctant to talk about) and it had a damaged nose cone so I posted a complaint in the customer service thread and Baily replied and requested a pic of the damaged nose cone. I complied and got a new nose cone a few days later. Like I said if every satisfied customer posted I believe the good would overshadow the bad. I think your taking a chance no matter who you deal with though. I've since ordered two twin 70mm jets that are supposed to be here on Tuesday. The F-22 and the Mig-29. I'll let you know how that goes. One thing is for certain, you can't hardly beat there prices or selection. Whoever you decide to deal with I wish you luck.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:19 PM
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Well I got my two big jets today (twin 70 mm F22 and Mig29) 20 minutes before I had to go to work. But a quick unpack and inspection and everything looks awesome. I can't wait to get home in the morning. They look goooood. I can't be the only satisfied customer of BH.
Old Nov 08, 2011, 11:57 PM
Joined May 2011
59 Posts
Nope there are lots of us.
Landiin is offline Find More Posts by Landiin
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:26 PM
Joined Mar 2011
9 Posts
ive dealt with all and hobbyking has been the least hastle
rc4lifebaby is offline Find More Posts by rc4lifebaby