HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:11 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,846 Posts
It is one of the 4 shoulder hinge parts .. ...

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:37 AM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
yup.....found the perfect stuff for it right in my drawer...I'll be back in the air tonight...weather permitting and i'm gonna add some weight to the right wing panel if flipping the wing fabric over doesnt do the trick.
racie34 is online now Find More Posts by racie34
Old Aug 17, 2011, 06:38 AM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
It is one of the 4 shoulder hinge parts .. ...

Khaled
yes
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:30 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie34 View Post
yup.....found the perfect stuff for it right in my drawer...I'll be back in the air tonight...weather permitting and i'm gonna add some weight to the right wing panel if flipping the wing fabric over doesnt do the trick.
Racie, I still have a box of those round wing hinge parts if you need replacements. You have to tighten the bolts really tight.
Kinkade is offline Find More Posts by Kinkade
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:45 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkade View Post
Racie, I still have a box of those round wing hinge parts if you need replacements. You have to tighten the bolts really tight.
I think I have about what will work and i'll put a elastic stop nut on this one...it didnbt have that on the one that fell off ....If I cant use them ill get some from you..thankyou for the offer.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 01:12 PM
road wart
Joined Aug 2003
2,911 Posts
the spacers I bought at home depot years ago for electric motors worked fine....pretty tough stuff, im sure it'll last. and I put a better bolt and elastic locknut on it so i dont think thats falling off anytime soon.....I'll post pics later and if i get to fly maybe a video....really windy out right now though so I'll see.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:14 PM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,846 Posts
Good luck Racie34... I recommend being so gently with that bird .. because I think it was designed for brushed motors .. and all the next generations you see now have been developed for very good reasons over the years.. which is Durability enough to handle the brushless power without failure .. I'm really impressed bow how some members in here fly their even larger birds so hard .. Lazy hawk and slow hawk .. This is a proof for durability

You will still have a blast flying it as long as you fly it gently ..

Have fun

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr