HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2011, 02:47 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Data
CG specs for 50mm jets by JPower, Skyangel, BlitzRC. ESC program instructions and FAQ

To clarify, the 50mm EPO jets from Jpower, Skyangel, Blitzrc, etc. are all from the same manufacturer which is JPower. So regardless if you bought the plane from Banana Hobby, Nitroplanes, Hobbyb, Toysonics, or from some other online vender.... they are all from the same manufacturer. It's commonplace these days for all sorts of RC products. This thread's purpose is to collect the data for easy access in one place for the CG range of best performance for these jets. This should help anyone wanting to find the information as this thread can be linked when the questions pop up. A few other things have been added such as ESC programming instructions and a FAQ section.

There is also a thread for the 35mm Jpower jets as well. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post21951387

If you have additional information, please post and the original list will be updated. If you've flown a particular model and have a cg recommendation then post it! Measurements are great, pictures aren't bad either. This should be a helpful resource for the RC community.

Thanks!

Here's what I have so far.....

CG listing

A-4= On the panel line that bisects the shield decal on the intake.
A-6= 139 MM from the edge of the intake.
A-7/F-8= 84mm from the leading edge
AMX= 3.5"-4.2" back from the intake lip.
F-16= 60mm -65mm back from leading edge
F-18= 42mm from leading edge
F-22= 55-65mm from leading edge
F-35= 28mm from leading edge glue joint
F-86= 107mm from the leading edge
F9F= 25mm from intake lip to fuse joint
JAS 39= 88mm from the leading inner edge almost at the joint in the fuselage
Katana= 55mm from the leading edge.
L-39= 42mm-45mm from leading edge
Mig15= 95mm from leading edge. Also noted that 85mm works well too. With no incidence mod, go with 70mm back from the wing to fuse joint.
Mirage 2000 = 100mm back from where leading edge of the wing meets the side of the intake.
Screamer= 45mm back from the front of the lower intake lip.
T-45= 36mm from leading edge back to 45mm from the leading edge.
T-33= 50mm from leading edge.
Explorer V-tail

Dual EDF versions:

A-10= 43mm from leading edge
SU-34= ?

ESC programming instructions:

Stock blitzrc 20A esc programming instructions:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...8&d=1312788205

Stock Exceed 20A esc programming instrustions
http://site.exceedrc.com/resource/pr...esc_manual.pdf[/

stock motor Specs:

FAQ:

Q: What plane is best for a beginner?
A: None.... EDFs are not for a beginner, things happen far too quickly and really require previous 3 channel flight experience to be successful. Sure people have done it, it's the exception that really makes the general rule. Beyond that, the T-45 sure does hand launch easy and behaves fairly tame.

Q: Will the stock motor handle 4s voltage?
A: Yes, there seem to be zero problems with that.

Q: Will the stock fan handle 4s voltage?
A: if care is used to index and clearance the fan as well as balance the impeller, they can last. Even then, some blow apart on 3s. It's a roll of the dice. Fortunately, for now the fan parts are available.

Q: Will the stock ESC handle 4s voltage?
A: Most seem to live with some throttle management. This is not a guarantee, some have cooked while others work fine. If you are the type that will put the throttle to full and fly the whole time like that, you would be wise to swap escs. One way to help is to bypass the internal BEC to relieve the ESC of doing double duty. Use a UBEC to be safe. If the esc fails, upgrade with a hobbywing pentium 30A or comparible.

Q: Can I use a bigger battery for longer flight times?
A: People that ask this question really don't understand the function of the battery. Not only does the battery power the plane, it also balances the plane for a proper CG for flight. A larger battery is heavier and will most likely cause a nose heavy condition. The more weight you add, the more power it takes to drive that weight and the worse the plane performs at slow speed. So the answer is "Maybe", but other things usually suffer. Some of these planes have a battery compartment that will hold a 2200 mAh battery. That doesn't mean it can fly with one. Your best bet for longer flight times is to buy quite a few extra lipos. When performance starts to dwindle, land and swap packs. I actually prefer flying for a couple minutes and landing to swap packs. It's easier on the lipos (longevity), they won't take as long to charge because you aren't draining them as much, plus a few others.

Q: What lipo do I use?
A: The one that offsets the tail weight of the plane and allows the plane to have a correct Center of Gravity for flight. The higher the C rating for discharge, the easier it is on the battery.

Q: What about replacement parts?
A: Fans are available from www.toysonics.com (probably a few others too). Motors haven't turned up yet and replacement airframe parts can sometimes be found at www.bananahobby.com, www.hobbyking.com but you're probably better off just buying a new airframe. .

Q: So where can I get these neat jets from?
A: Models are available from:

www.hobbyB.com
www.toysonics.com
www.bananahobby.com
www.nitroplanes.com
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Last edited by Joe 1320; Mar 05, 2014 at 07:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:56 AM
Joined Sep 2010
204 Posts
My AMX flies quite well @ 3.5 inches from the intakes lip.

L-39 @ 42mm from LE.
DHjets is offline Find More Posts by DHjets
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:12 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Thanks. post updated!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 07:23 PM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,241 Posts
great info Joe, thanks
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Old Aug 01, 2011, 12:09 AM
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2011
118 Posts
A6 Manual say 139 MM from the edge of the jet inlet. I never fly it, still gaining experience with other plane before so I cant tell if the stock CG feel good.
Galessin is offline Find More Posts by Galessin
Old Aug 01, 2011, 12:13 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galessin View Post
A6 Manual say 139 MM from the edge of the jet inlet. I never fly it, still gaining experience with other plane before so I cant tell if the stock CG feel good.
Post updated, Thanks!
Old Aug 01, 2011, 02:55 PM
Thatsright I drankthe rum
USA, MN, Robbinsdale
Joined May 2006
1,344 Posts
Thanks Joe
another good solution by joe
K9000wner is offline Find More Posts by K9000wner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dututh Air Show
Old Aug 06, 2011, 05:55 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Sad thing is that I misplaced the manual for my Panther which isn't fully completed yet. We still need the CG for the F9F panther and the SU-34.
Old Aug 06, 2011, 07:29 PM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
853 Posts
Joe May be helpful to include which jets are CG measured while inverted
smasher41 is online now Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Aug 06, 2011, 09:11 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smasher41 View Post
Joe May be helpful to include which jets are CG measured while inverted

That's a pretty good idea. I need people's input in order to update the first post.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 12:10 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Thread updated with stock ESC programming instructions.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:09 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,498 Posts
Updated with Panther CG. Still need that SU-34 plus the Mirage and JAS 39 when it's available.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:48 PM
trying to catch Mr. FrSky... It flyes
Joined Jan 2005
1,023 Posts
Great info!!!
splitpilot is offline Find More Posts by splitpilot
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:50 AM
Joined Jun 2007
79 Posts
sorry to revive this thread, it turned up on my search, i have a mini f-8, turns out the cg provided makes the plane alot more tail heavy than it should be, anyone knows what;s the proper cg?
T-BONEZ is offline Find More Posts by T-BONEZ
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:29 AM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,241 Posts
YGTBSM!!!! Did you look at the first page of this thread? How could you miss it???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BONEZ View Post
sorry to revive this thread, it turned up on my search, i have a mini f-8, turns out the cg provided makes the plane alot more tail heavy than it should be, anyone knows what;s the proper cg?
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd