SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:25 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
mine leaked like a sieve the first time i look it out !
Make sure you put in those rubber o-rings before installing the landing gear covers. I forgot to do that and had some water. After I installed the o-rings, I still had a tiny bit of leakage. I then put a thin layer of white bathroom-type silicone around the plastic landing gear mount and that completely resolved it.

Hope that helps.

- Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:36 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
ummm........yes well I did not install the covers at all so YES ! that helped me.. I guess I should of atleast read the manual but even on my Giant scale 7kw planes I dont but it goes to show you that I should ! Thx Larry...
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing View Post
ummm........yes well I did not install the covers at all so YES ! that helped me.. I guess I should of atleast read the manual Thx Larry...
Don't feel bad. How do you think I knew that?
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Icon A5 Tail Wag Resolved

Hey guys,

I just wrote a detailed post resolving the tail wag here. Check it out if you're interested. You'll need a gyro.

Larry
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:39 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
809 Posts
Hey guys,
How does this plane perform? I have a lot of 3 cell 2100 packs and looking for an electric float plane. I came across this and came close to buying one today, but want to make sure it is something worth having and will last a while. We live on a 16 acre lake and I think this might be perfect to wake up to fly to from the back porch.

We have two glow sea planes, but its just a pain to use glow anymore these days. I still enjoy flying the glow planes, but I want something that I could easily fly everyday without worrying about cleaning up at the end. Plus an electric plane I should never have to go out and fetch! Unless I crash it or run it out of battery.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:38 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
Get one and then get a Catalina from Electrfly !
Old Mar 04, 2012, 01:05 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
Hey guys,
How does this plane perform? I have a lot of 3 cell 2100 packs and looking for an electric float plane. I came across this and came close to buying one today, but want to make sure it is something worth having and will last a while. We live on a 16 acre lake and I think this might be perfect to wake up to fly to from the back porch.

We have two glow sea planes, but its just a pain to use glow anymore these days. I still enjoy flying the glow planes, but I want something that I could easily fly everyday without worrying about cleaning up at the end. Plus an electric plane I should never have to go out and fetch! Unless I crash it or run it out of battery.
Its a great plane, then if you want something different.......from Dynam(NitroPlanes)

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:06 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
809 Posts
Looks like I might be getting one of these then!
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:35 AM
United States, TX, Montgomery
Joined Aug 2006
1,236 Posts
Consider

Quote:
Looks like I might be getting one of these then!
a gyro as well which will add about $40. Once the gyro is in it is a great flyer and unique looker as well. Best luck. donnie
menksters is offline Find More Posts by menksters
Old Mar 07, 2012, 10:45 AM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by menksters View Post
a gyro as well which will add about $40. Once the gyro is in it is a great flyer and unique looker as well. Best luck. donnie
Is the Gyro used to stop the tail from going back and forth? I have a old heli gyro...not sure if that will work or not.
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:23 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,033 Posts
Tail wag?

Very Disapointing
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Mar 09, 2012, 11:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Is the Gyro used to stop the tail from going back and forth? I have a old heli gyro...not sure if that will work or not.
Yep, that's the gyro to use!
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:25 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,475 Posts
I maidened mine today - My findings are this:

The Bad:

I know that PZ have really tried to keep it very scale but as a result, its became way to heavy and underpowered. In fact, I was using some 40c packs and saw very little improvement in performance over the standard 25c packs.

In addation, as there is NO cooling internally, you can expect your ESC to get VERY hot. not warm but HOT. In fact, mine was so hot it started to melt the glue on the hook n look securing it. After each flight, I took the canopy off.. left it in the shade before the next flight.

Tail wags like a dowg lol... It really does hunt and wag and look very strange doing so. Yes a Gyro will help but as this is a common issues PZ should of addressed this as standard.

Stall.. power on stalls were nasty ! Nothing any expierinced pilot would be concerned about from a recovery point of view but I conducted 5 stalls./. power on stalls had it dropping a wing and rolling on its back. Power off were better but not alot.

The Good:

Great water handling... Very easy to take off and land. Easy to taxi and looks good in the air. Lots of nice comments although most thought it was Nitro from the noise lol !

Here is a video of the Maiden

Icon A5 (1 min 35 sec)
Old Mar 10, 2012, 01:25 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
809 Posts
Sounds like it doesn't have enough prop for how slow it is moving and how loud it is.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 04:13 PM
Joined May 2000
2,033 Posts
I was thinking on one of these, used to have a great planes eletric seawind and it flew wonderfully. Usually Parkzone does a good job on their planes, this one seems to have a lot of quirks, that looks like it flys a little odd. The seawind almost flew "jetlike" with good power.
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S