SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:59 PM
Spokane, WA
Joined Aug 2009
352 Posts
Yeah I love this model...I would love to have the real one of course but if they offer this one in a PNP I will be picking it up!!
pldawg is offline Find More Posts by pldawg
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2011, 08:06 PM
Joined May 2011
420 Posts
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ5875
PepeM is offline Find More Posts by PepeM
Old Jul 30, 2011, 09:19 PM
GBX
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
337 Posts
Dave your right

expensive year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank for making products to look forward too

Will the ICON 5 be at RCX next week

Will we see a New Carbon Z product announced in the Fall Again ?
Thanks for your support on the Forums
Geoff
GBX is offline Find More Posts by GBX
Old Jul 31, 2011, 03:52 PM
I'm BIG on micros
R.M. of Peel, ON
Joined Mar 2011
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Cool plane!!

Any hope of ever seeing a micro version of it one day?

Ridgewalker
I'll second that. Or one with retracts like Great Planes .60 Seawind
JSS4 is online now Find More Posts by JSS4
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:14 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,619 Posts
This is going to be sweet! Really liking seaplanes. Flying next to a fast boat is an amazing experience. Trying to hook up with someone who has a bass boat. I can imagine sitting in that front seat and being able to spin back and forth while flying. Been building Depron Polaris kits and those are a blast. Lots of building but worth it.

The ICON will be fantastic from the looks of it. A little CorrosionX on the electronics and all will be well. Wish it had been out for Summer. But like the Polaris, I am sure it will be great on snow and ice and grass....whatever. I cover the bottom of the Polaris with that flexy kitchen cutting board stuff and fly off asphalt. What a riot. Won't have to with the ICON, though. Just throw on the LG! Sweet!

Thanks for the announcement here, Dave!! You guys ROCK!!

Allen
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Jul 31, 2011, 05:31 PM
Joined May 2007
28 Posts
all I can say is wow, well done Horizon, but I think is just a little over price.
Comando12 is offline Find More Posts by Comando12
Old Jul 31, 2011, 05:39 PM
United States, IL, Elgin
Joined Mar 2011
288 Posts
The Icon A5 is on Phoenix sim now. Need to start looking for water to fly it from. Don't really want to put it down in a river on LVC and watch it float away, since it may be getting cool out when it comes on the market.
efflandt is offline Find More Posts by efflandt
Old Jul 31, 2011, 10:29 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,398 Posts
Damn... Normally I'm pretty hands-off with ParkZone stuff, but this really looks like an excellent plane. With my budget limits I could never afford it, but if I could this is definitely one of the only PNP planes that I'd snap up immediately. Part of it is the incredible reputation and pedigree behind the model, but another key is that I've got a whole ton of lakes in my backyard

Nice job...
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:20 PM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
I will probably get this one - I do have a few lakes in the area with flight possibilities. One is at a National Forest day use area where I used to fly gas planes years ago. I don't think they allow that anymore, but maybe they wouldn't mind a small electric plane...

When I flew of water with gas, I didn't dare fly without a boat to recover the plane if I had a deadstick. A guy in the club had a canoe. All I have now is a sea kayak, but I guess it'll work. Or I could just hope I don't ever crash!! I've never hit LVC with my larger electrics.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Aug 01, 2011, 03:45 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2011
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP16 View Post
Damn... Normally I'm pretty hands-off with ParkZone stuff, but this really looks like an excellent plane. With my budget limits I could never afford it, but if I could this is definitely one of the only PNP planes that I'd snap up immediately. Part of it is the incredible reputation and pedigree behind the model, but another key is that I've got a whole ton of lakes in my backyard

Nice job...
something like 10,000 at last count...
Strizzo is offline Find More Posts by Strizzo
Old Aug 01, 2011, 04:08 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,398 Posts
Quote:
something like 10,000 at last count...
Hehehe Actually, the number is a little over 11,000, and that's just for the lakes that cover more than 10 acres...
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 01, 2011, 05:16 PM
I'm BIG on micros
R.M. of Peel, ON
Joined Mar 2011
516 Posts
If you live in Ontario like me, it is strange NOT to have a lake nearby, but there will always be one within a 10 minute drive.

If only parkzone would add a 17" ws one to their UM series-- I could fly it off my pool.
JSS4 is online now Find More Posts by JSS4
Old Aug 02, 2011, 09:50 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2011
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP16 View Post
Hehehe Actually, the number is a little over 11,000, and that's just for the lakes that cover more than 10 acres...
i guess "Land of 11,217 lakes" just didn't have the same ring to it
Strizzo is offline Find More Posts by Strizzo
Old Aug 03, 2011, 08:42 PM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
496 Posts
There is one disappointment for me with this plane. Matt from HH stated there is no plastic bottom on the plane. Eventually, the foam will get water soaked and most likely not last long. I recommend coating the bottom with epoxy or something.
pdansalvish is online now Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Aug 03, 2011, 10:05 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdansalvish View Post
There is one disappointment for me with this plane. Matt from HH stated there is no plastic bottom on the plane. Eventually, the foam will get water soaked and most likely not last long. I recommend coating the bottom with epoxy or something.
Doubtful unless you store the model in water.
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor