HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:24 PM
Texas
Joined Nov 2000
459 Posts
Discussion
MCPX Servo Completely Dead...

Hey guys,

So I did a search and found that you can clean the conductive strips. I tried cleaning and it didn't help. Is there any thing else I can do to save this servo? Or do I just need to purchase another?

-s
spessx is offline Find More Posts by spessx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2011, 04:53 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Have you seen my reply to this post?
If all this is OK then sounds like you need a new servo.
Either the servo motor or servo board is bad.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1478602

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:10 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spessx View Post
Hey guys,

So I did a search and found that you can clean the conductive strips. I tried cleaning and it didn't help. Is there any thing else I can do to save this servo? Or do I just need to purchase another?

-s
Better keep trying to get it working as I think everyone is out of replacement servos..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:46 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
If it's totally dead, it maybe the FET.. There was an article floating around on how to replace and where to get the new FET. Of course that requires soldering.

It's the orange/yellow looking chip near the power leads, look for burn marks. There maybe none though. Just a thought.. I lost one servo and it was the FET that was bad.
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:47 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Also, you can plug a known good servo into the suspected bad servo jack, it should fire up fine if the servo is toast.
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69