Web
OUCH...
Nevada City, California
Joined Sep 2002
210 Posts
Rave
weasel or mini weasel

Hey everybody,
I am going to get a Weasel, but I am not sure which one. Right now I am leaning towards the Mini Weasel because of it's portability and the ability to do the SAL. I also like the looks of it, and it costs $15 less than the Weasel Pro, which would allow me to get a better transmitter (all I have right now is a Focus 3 FM), like the Flash 5X. I do have prior experience on a Zagi 400X that I have modified to a powered/glider convertible. I have gotten pretty good with it, and the best manuver I have done with it is an outside immelman. I was actually attempting to do an outside loop - just to see if it could - but I realized that it won't climb inverted, so I rolled out of it. I have gotten to the point where I can do those with the wing down too about 1 foot off of the ground, completely under control. I am hoping that this is enough experience for a Mini Weasel, because they look like they can really handle. I do have a question about them, though. Can the Mini Weasels thermal? Where I am, there aren't that many sloping areas that are very close, although there are a few. I plan to get a bungee launcher for it, if I get a Mini Weasel. I am also curious as to which plane everyone likes better, the Weasel Pro or the Mini Weasel. Thanks for your help.
Web is offline Find More Posts by Web
to remove ads between posts