HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:27 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,601 Posts
My Spitfire was on dawn patrol in freezing weather when I encountered a large squadron of Geese numbering in the hundreds. I picked up 20 plus wing men for one long pass and some started to turn with me when the rest broke off to go land in the Delta and the others followed them leaving me alone to fight off the sparrows and land. Plane looked so great with the geese I forgot I was freezing. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined May 2009
84 Posts
I have the 10-15 size main landing gear electric retracts (EFLG100), but do you guys think the Pre-bent landing gear struts for the retracts (PKZ5717) are mandatory for retractable gears? Would I be able to use the struts that came with the original gears out of the box?
Littlesopwith is offline Find More Posts by Littlesopwith
Old May 13, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesopwith View Post
I have the 10-15 size main landing gear electric retracts (EFLG100), but do you guys think the Pre-bent landing gear struts for the retracts (PKZ5717) are mandatory for retractable gears? Would I be able to use the struts that came with the original gears out of the box?
You could snip and bend them and grind some flats, but the pre-bents are only $3 and they include undercarriage concealment fairings that actually hide the retract motors and black plastic
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old May 13, 2012, 09:28 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlesopwith View Post
If I remember correctly mine caught up in the wheel wells when I did it while I was waiting for my prebent struts. In my opinion the pre bents are the way to go. With my pre bents I bent them a little also. The axle comes 90 degrees to the strut. The strut is at an angle this makes the wheels contact the ground at an angle. I bent mine to make the axles parallel to the ground which puts the wheels straight up and down which makes for better rolling. This was necessary for me since I fly off grass, off of pavement however I never had a problem.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member